Can we flag and remove photobucket posts somehow?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Knives
Shas'Saal

Can we flag and remove photobucket posts somehow?

Post#1 » Aug 03 2017 03:27

As the tittle says can we start flagging photo bucket pics for removal?

Thoughts?

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: Can we flag and remove photobucket posts somehow?

Post#2 » Aug 03 2017 03:51

For those who are not aware, due to a policy change at Photobucket, free 3rd party image hosting as been discontinued and any affected images are shown as this icon:
To update your account to enable these images to be shown will cost a membership fee of approximately 399$ (last time I checked). If you do not wish to pay then you are only left with a couple of alternatives...

1. Give up and start from scratch using an alternative image hosting site which has already been discussed in another thread.

2. You are able to download the photos on your Photobucket account so as to be able to re-host them on one of the other sites. This does mean that, if you are like me and have many, many images which have collected over time, it will take a considerable amount of time to sort through them all and even then you may not be able to replace all of your posted images.

Members are welcome to edit/replace/remove their own broken images but to flag all the old affected posts would unnecessarily clog up the time the mods do not necessarily have in removing them. It is just better to leave them for now and if or when they become relevant then request the original poster updates them.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 03 2017 03:59

Also an important note for re-hosting your pics somewhere else:
Imgur is my standard suggestion since it's easy to use and never failed me, HOWEVER they stated that they don't want people to use their service as simple image hoster for other websites.
I don't know of anybody who had any trouble with it so far but it's a real possibility to get your pictures taken down.

Actually the one time I uploaded the leaked 8th edition Indexes on my imgur account, they got thousands and thousands of views within a few hours which obviously raised attention to the imgur admins so they took them down without any further explanation (the mail just said there was a problem with them without specifying it).

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 03 2017 08:55

I use postimage.org, although I don't have an account for them. I just upload and link, but I've had no problems so far.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 04 2017 10:16

Panzer wrote:Also an important note for re-hosting your pics somewhere else:
Imgur is my standard suggestion since it's easy to use and never failed me, HOWEVER they stated that they don't want people to use their service as simple image hoster for other websites.

Very odd given they are the bread and butter hosting choice of reddit

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 04 2017 10:20

Overheal wrote:
Panzer wrote:Also an important note for re-hosting your pics somewhere else:

Very odd given they are the bread and butter hosting choice of reddit

Yeah but don't tell them. :D

Return to “General Discussion”