Do shield drones get invuln saves on ablative wounds

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Do shield drones get invuln saves on ablative wounds

Post#1 » Aug 04 2017 03:05

I was just wondering...if the point of shield drones is to provide a bodyshield, do they get invuln saves on ablative wounds???
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Do shield drones get invuln saves on ablative wounds

Post#2 » Aug 04 2017 03:17

If you mean whether they can use their invul save when using the Saviour Protocols then the answer is no since those are Mortal wounds which bypass any armor and invul saves.
though they do have a 5+ FnP against those unlike any other Drone.
Last edited by Panzer on Aug 04 2017 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

oakreef
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 04 2017 04:47

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:I was just wondering...if the point of shield drones is to provide a bodyshield, do they get invuln saves on ablative wounds???

As written in the index originally they did. But an errata update changed it so that when you use them as a bodyguard they suffer a mortal wound which means they don't get the invulnerable save. BUT they also gained a "feel no pain" rule which gives them a chance of ignoring any wounds they suffer.

So when they act as bodyguards they only get the roll to ignore wounds. When they're attacked directly they get both their invulnerable save AND the roll to ignore wounds.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 04 2017 09:11

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:I was just wondering...if the point of shield drones is to provide a bodyshield, do they get invuln saves on ablative wounds???

Think about it this way- if the Shield Drone is targeted directly, it gets both the 4++ save and the 5+ ability to ignore damage. If it uses Savior Protocols, it can only use the 5+ to ignore damage.

Return to “General Discussion”