Crisis suits 7th ed. Your ideal 7th must haves?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Knives
Shas'Saal

Crisis suits 7th ed. Your ideal 7th must haves?

Post#1 » Aug 05 2017 06:52

In your opinion how many crisis suits should I field for a good 7th edition list?

I have 6 in total now.

What else should a decent 7th edition tau force have?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Crisis suits 7th ed. Your ideal 7th must haves?

Post#2 » Aug 05 2017 07:14

[Wrong edition]
Last edited by Arka0415 on Aug 06 2017 06:52, edited 2 times in total.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 05 2017 07:29

I keep seeing breacher team with devil fish. Are they really that effective? What about broadsides?

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 06 2017 06:32

Arka0415 wrote:
Knives wrote:I keep seeing breacher team with devil fish. Are they really that effective? What about broadsides?

Breachers w/ Devilfish (and Darkstrider if you like) are an interesting unit. Charge with the Devilfish and lock up your intended target in melee. Then, on the next turn, have the Breachers disembark and blast the target at close range. Essentially an anti-elite glass cannon. Whether or not this is highly competitive, I don't know. I personally don't use it as I'm not a fan of mech' Tau in 8th Edition. However, lots of people on ATT enjoy using it, so it's something to check out if you're interested!

Broadsides are horrifically expensive for their damage output. A normal Heavy Rail Rifle-equipped Broadside costs nearly 200 points and is a pale imitation of other armies' anti-tank units, like Predators, that come in at the same points costs. Unless these guys get a serious points drop, consider them non-viable in 8th Edition, at least for this current Index.

This is still a 7th edition thread. ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Aug 06 2017 06:52

Panzer wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:
Knives wrote:I keep seeing breacher team with devil fish. Are they really that effective? What about broadsides?

Breachers w/ Devilfish (and Darkstrider if you like) are an interesting unit. Charge with the Devilfish and lock up your intended target in melee. Then, on the next turn, have the Breachers disembark and blast the target at close range. Essentially an anti-elite glass cannon. Whether or not this is highly competitive, I don't know. I personally don't use it as I'm not a fan of mech' Tau in 8th Edition. However, lots of people on ATT enjoy using it, so it's something to check out if you're interested!

Broadsides are horrifically expensive for their damage output. A normal Heavy Rail Rifle-equipped Broadside costs nearly 200 points and is a pale imitation of other armies' anti-tank units, like Predators, that come in at the same points costs. Unless these guys get a serious points drop, consider them non-viable in 8th Edition, at least for this current Index.

This is still a 7th edition thread. ;)

Oops! I can help out with 5th and 6th Edition but for 7th I'm not too knowledgeable. My comments are too old to delete so I'll just delete the contents.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 06 2017 09:57

Lol. So For 7th ed not 8th. 6 crisis suits are good?

What else would an ideal 7th edition list have?

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Aug 07 2017 08:57

Knives wrote:Lol. So For 7th ed not 8th. 6 crisis suits are good?

So many of us have switched gears to 8th that asking these kinds of questions aren't going to yield good results if any. Feel free to look over past lists in the list building section to get an idea of what was good an competitive in the previous edition. Or look up 7th ed tournament lists on google.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Aug 07 2017 09:02

Yojimbob wrote:
Knives wrote:Lol. So For 7th ed not 8th. 6 crisis suits are good?

So many of us have switched gears to 8th that asking these kinds of questions aren't going to yield good results if any. Feel free to look over past lists in the list building section to get an idea of what was good an competitive in the previous edition. Or look up 7th ed tournament lists on google.

^this
I'm so into 8th that I barely remember what kind of lists I used to play in 7th.
I remember that my CIB + twin linked FB Crisis unit worked well and that double FB and double Flamer Monat worked well too.
And of course that BC and AFP Crisis were as underwhelming as always.
Bigger Plasma Crisis units with Farsight were a thing as well.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Aug 07 2017 09:56

It's hard to figure out what is what nothing is labled as 7th and I'm new to tau.

Find it very difficult to navigate the older stuff. Or even locate it.

I understand many have switched.

Any and all help is welcome.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » Aug 07 2017 09:59

Knives wrote:It's hard to figure out what is what nothing is labled as 7th and I'm new to tau.

Find it very difficult to navigate the older stuff. Or even locate it.

I understand many have switched.

Any and all help is welcome.

Generally any topic created before end of june (the time the Index got leaked).
Maybe you should consider switching as well. The longer you wait the harder it will be for you to get answers on your questions for 7th ed stuff.
But you probably know that already considering we also don't see any topic about 6th edition or earlier either. ;)

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Aug 07 2017 10:19

Well I'm trying to bulid an army for both versions. I dislike a lot of 8th. I find it even more broken than 7th.
But I figure it will eventually either tank or get better.

My roomate and I still play 7th and between us have over 5000 points in marines.

So we will be playing a lot of games in 7th.

We will be doing a nid and ork army for 7th.

I plan to make my tau work for both editions.

Return to “General Discussion”