New bits for tau hammerhead

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
MNGamer
Shas'Saal

New bits for tau hammerhead

Post#1 » Aug 05 2017 07:59

G dubs has a sprue of bits for vehicles up for preorder, I wonder if the tau one could grant any abilities?
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ve ... Frame-2017
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New bits for tau hammerhead

Post#2 » Aug 05 2017 08:17

MN Gamer - This the Apocalypse sprue that came out with the Apocalypse supplement between 4th and 5th edition. There is (or was) definite rule sets for each army's vehicle upgrade. Basically the Tau upgrade turned your Devilfish/Hammer Head/Skyray into a command vehicle. Each Apocalypse formations that required a command vehicle, told you what the command vehicle did for that formation.

What they do now in 8th edition...I don't know.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Aug 05 2017 08:19

This set isn't new, it's beena round for a while.

Interesting that it's on Pre-Order.

The bit was used in some Apocalypse formations and Spearhead formations back in 4th and 5th eds. Forget what it did then.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 05 2017 09:06

Interesting that it's been around for awhile, I've only been playing since the tail end of 7th. :D

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Aug 05 2017 09:25

Ye, The sprue is at least 10 years old, I still have 2 I got for modeling purposes... (fun fact, it doesn't fit very well and has to be sanded to put on a vehicle...)

I'm curious what rules (if any) will they release for it... It would fit to formations to mark a vehicle to be special in some way, but they've just cancelled formations... Currently the only use for it I see is marking longstrike's HH.

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#6 » Aug 05 2017 10:14

It was also more recently available in the tech command box set for the guard, which included 1 Leman russ, a tech priest, and this frame.

Czar Ziggy

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Aug 05 2017 11:44

It could be that Tau will get a Tank Commander similar to the IG and this becomes a useful but in marking that.

We could also see actual wargear options for our tanks (though the lack of them for Marines concerns me).

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Aug 06 2017 12:34

I wonder if we will see entirely new support systems for our tanks in the codex. Or perhaps a tank commander that can take support systems.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Aug 06 2017 05:28

Wow, this is back? Hurrah! I'd always kicked myself for never having bought it back in the day.

Unusualsuspect
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#10 » Aug 06 2017 04:50

TauMan wrote:MN Gamer - This the Apocalypse sprue that came out with the Apocalypse supplement between 4th and 5th edition. There is (or was) definite rule sets for each army's vehicle upgrade. Basically the Tau upgrade turned your Devilfish/Hammer Head/Skyray into a command vehicle. Each Apocalypse formations that required a command vehicle, told you what the command vehicle did for that formation.

What they do now in 8th edition...I don't know.

TauMan

I can't say what other people are doing with theirs, but I'm using mine to represent Longstrike. ;)

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Aug 06 2017 05:16

Using it to represent longstrike makes way more sense than him hanging out of the hatch.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Aug 09 2017 03:15

glad its back, was asking ATT folks for some a while back

Return to “General Discussion”