Chapter Approved snippets - Matched Play changes!

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
fraction64
Shas'Saal

Re: Chapter Approved snippets - Matched Play changes!

Post#19 » Aug 13 2017 03:05

I think people might have the relationship between GW and FLG reversed. The ITC go first mechanic was implemented in an odd way for the ITC and FLG kept tight lipped about the origins of the rule. When this article popped up they said they could finally tell us that it was essentially a hand down from GW.
It seems like these days FLG and by extension the ITC get their marching orders from GW.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Aug 13 2017 04:07

People dislike FLG and the ITC because they often ruled correctly on rules that need to be FAQ'd back when FAQs were almost non-existent. People tend to get upset when their Commander suit doesn't allow their entire army to hit on the rear armor of a baneblade.

Otherwise their hate is unfounded. ITC events in 6th and 7th readily and quickly allowed almost all range of T'au models except the T'aunar in their tournaments.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Agent00abe
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Aug 13 2017 12:17

Am I the only who is annoyed that they release this "patch" which is basically just backtracking to old rules?
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Aug 13 2017 11:14

AnonAmbientLight wrote:People dislike FLG and the ITC because they often ruled correctly on rules that need to be FAQ'd back when FAQs were almost non-existent. People tend to get upset when their Commander suit doesn't allow their entire army to hit on the rear armor of a baneblade.

Otherwise their hate is unfounded. ITC events in 6th and 7th readily and quickly allowed almost all range of T'au models except the T'aunar in their tournaments.

Nah, people actually liked them when they did only that. But when they started to outright change things that weren't even questioned people started to dislike them.
Plus I don't quite like them simply because the people from FLG themselves are just unsypathetic to me. However that's an entirely personal reason and has nothing to say about the validity of their statements. ;)

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#23 » Aug 20 2017 03:23

Panzer wrote:
AnonAmbientLight wrote:People dislike FLG and the ITC because they often ruled correctly on rules that need to be FAQ'd back when FAQs were almost non-existent. People tend to get upset when their Commander suit doesn't allow their entire army to hit on the rear armor of a baneblade.

Nah, people actually liked them when they did only that. But when they started to outright change things that weren't even questioned people started to dislike them.
Plus I don't quite like them simply because the people from FLG themselves are just unsypathetic to me. However that's an entirely personal reason and has nothing to say about the validity of their statements. ;)

Well, I've been following them for a long time now and can't recall anything of the sort. If memory serves, it's because they decided to not go with the popular opinion on here that your Cold Star Commander could direct your entire army's fire power at the back armor of a Leman Russ because he was the closet model behind it and other shenanigans.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Antao
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Aug 31 2017 07:52

From the new snip of chapter approved on the Warhammer community site. Hopefully some of the things that seem really over-costed get adjusted, even if the codex isn't here yet.

Updated matched play points for dozens of units and weapons across every army

fraction64
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Sep 02 2017 01:25

Also sounds like armies without codexs will get some army rules to tide them over.

Return to “General Discussion”