New Tigershark AX 1-0 Images

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Jacket
Shas'Saal

New Tigershark AX 1-0 Images

Post#1 » Aug 13 2017 04:52

"The fleets of the T’au Air Caste are being reinforced with the re-made Tiger Shark AX-1-0 – a fast moving tank destroyer armed with two heavy rail cannons. There’s also upcoming variants with burst cannons and ion cannons on display."

I wonder if that means they will sell the variants separately instead of having a single boxed kit? Also does anyone know how much they are planning on selling the new one for? When I seen pics of the leak months ago I didn't really like it too much, but these are so much better I might have to grab one this year.

Heavy Rail Cannons

Spoiler!

Heavy Burst Cannons

Spoiler!

Ion Cannons
Spoiler!

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New Tigershark AX 1-0 Images

Post#2 » Aug 13 2017 06:45

Those look awfully small for heavy rail cannons. I think that it's the swiftstrike railgun loadout instead.
Ka'ash Sept

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 13 2017 06:56

CmdrCASh wrote:Those look awfully small for heavy rail cannons. I think that it's the swiftstrike railgun loadout instead.

Warhammer community even says they are heavy rail cannons.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Aug 13 2017 07:08

Is it me or does clicking on any of the three spoilers only bring up the same photo?

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 13 2017 07:30

That is weird your right. It should be showing the two variants.

Hopefully this works.

Edit
It won't let me post multiple links per post now. Weird.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 13 2017 07:34

[image]https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/FW-OpenDay-Tigershark1ajrc.jpg[/image]

This image won't even link... strange. Anyways they are all up on the warhammer community site.

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Aug 13 2017 07:51

Jacket wrote:
CmdrCASh wrote:Those look awfully small for heavy rail cannons. I think that it's the swiftstrike railgun loadout instead.

Warhammer community even says they are heavy rail cannons.

I'm not saying that you reported it erroneously, but I'm saying that I think the Warhammer Community page is just showing the different loadouts of the standard Tiger Shark.

I mean, we know from the FW Xenos Index that the standard Tiger Shark has the swiftstrike loadout, and we also know the size of the railgun on the old AX-1-0, the size of the heavy railcannon on the Ta'unar, plus the size of the swiftstrike from the Barracuda model. If that is really the heavy railcannon, I'm going to be a wee bit disappointed.
Ka'ash Sept

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Aug 13 2017 08:05

The community site says that's the ax 1-0. It even says it's a fast moving tank destroyer. On the flip side It's not outside the realm of possibility forgeworld doesn't know what model it's making right?

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Aug 13 2017 08:39

If we look at the earlier leaked photos...

The one on the bottom shows the railcannon design that is consistent with what is being used on the Ta'unar, and is also of a size similar to the original heavy railguns.

That would be the one I believe is the actual new AX-1-0

Then again, who knows? These may just be prototypes. :sad:
Ka'ash Sept

russ29
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Aug 13 2017 08:43

I really can't wait to get one with the heavy railgun! It looks ace!

I wonder how long does it take for it to come out though, since its on warhammer community at the moment.
Through unity, devastation

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Aug 13 2017 08:56

russ29 wrote:I really can't wait to get one with the heavy railgun! It looks ace!

I wonder how long does it take for it to come out though, since its on warhammer community at the moment.

I wanna say... 2 months or so. I tend to notice the Tau FW stuff from reveal to sale takes a month or two to go up for preorder.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Aug 13 2017 10:34

The Fighter-Bomber is the one with HBC, Railgun or Ion Cannon options. Warhamemr Community made a mistake on labelling the one with Railguns the AX-1-0.

AX-1-0 brings forth guns the size of the Ta'unar's Rail Cannon, which is a massive weapon.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#13 » Aug 14 2017 12:25

I'm .... VERY EXCITED! I have been waiting for these new models for a while now. I have two AX-1-0 and with the new Tigershark Bomber rules, can't wait to get a pair of the new ones. I've playtested them and they have a LOT of firepower for not that many points.

Here's to hoping that this means that the Tau/AdMech Imperial Armour book is coming soon.

Cheers!

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#14 » Aug 21 2017 10:28

Ah, it's all cleared up now in the newer Warhammer Community post.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/forge-world-preview-the-tiger-shark-ax-0-1-rearmed/
Ka'ash Sept

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Oct 20 2017 04:08

:eek: It's out for pre-orders now!
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/FW-40k-pre-orders?utm_source=forgeworld.co.uk&utm_campaign=673395e3eb-FW+20th+October+Tau+Tigershark&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a6ef0a01da-673395e3eb-115803317

FW Promo Blurb: "Knights, Baneblades and Titans getting in the way of the Greater Good? They're no match for the re-designed T'au Tiger Shark AX-1-0. Order one for your army before the 27th of October, and you'll receive some Air Caste Pilots absolutely free!"

Looks like you'll get the three Air Caste Pilot models if you pre-order it within the period.
Ka'ash Sept

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Oct 20 2017 04:24

I just wish FW would switch over to plastic. :sad:

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Oct 20 2017 05:24

CmdrCASh wrote::eek: It's out for pre-orders now!
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/FW-40k-pre-orders?utm_source=forgeworld.co.uk&utm_campaign=673395e3eb-FW+20th+October+Tau+Tigershark&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a6ef0a01da-673395e3eb-115803317

FW Promo Blurb: "Knights, Baneblades and Titans getting in the way of the Greater Good? They're no match for the re-designed T'au Tiger Shark AX-1-0. Order one for your army before the 27th of October, and you'll receive some Air Caste Pilots absolutely free!"

Looks like you'll get the three Air Caste Pilot models if you pre-order it within the period.

If you pre-order you get air caste pilots. Jeez. I have an immense backlog but this is a big deal to me since I am trying to make a cool air base for my FSE. *sigh* I think I'm going to have to grab the Barracuda Wing + Tigershark 1-0. That and Kingdom Death is ow. Also Numenera 2 is pain....

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Oct 20 2017 06:25

I absolutely love these Forgeworld flyers. They're everything Tau titan-hunters should be- not giant walkers, but strike aircraft that can swoop in, blast stuff, and fly out. Beautiful.

But, I just can't justify the price tag (in points) since they're probably not all that competitive. The Barracuda is lacks the alpha strike firepower it needs and the Tiger Shark is just frighteningly expensive...

Return to “General Discussion”