New Tigershark AX 1-0 Images

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: New Tigershark AX 1-0 Images

Post#37 » Oct 26 2017 08:50

Arka0415 wrote:Unless you're firing at a Titanic unit, I just don't think it is. With the ideal loadout it's 629 points. It has a 5/6 chance to hit, a 5/6 chance to wound, and the enemy may have Invulnerable saves. Remember the chance to roll a 1 with four dice is pretty high. With only two shots, you're looking at 1.4 wounds, or 0.9 wounds if the enemy has an invulnerable save. If we shoot a Land Raider, a model which has no invulnerable save, we're looking at a statistical 9.8 damage. Decent, but nothing life-changing. If we shoot a model that does have an invulnerable save, like a Y'vahra, we're looking at 6.3 damage. That's not decent, that's pitiful. An Imperial Knight has a 5+ invulnerable save, even though you're doubling your damage you're still looking at a statistical 12.6 wounds. A solid hit, but by no means fatal. Remember that the enemy can re-roll at least one invulnerable save with a Command Point, and they will.

Now, if this mighty Heavy Rail Cannon was cheaper and, say, available on the Barracuda or on a Hammerhead, it could be viable. But on a 629-point chassis? :sad:

Once again, mathhammer is creating a pessimistic community. Oh well, I'm going to sit here in my bubble and not post much as usual XD
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#38 » Oct 26 2017 11:07

Bloodknife92 wrote:Once again, mathhammer is creating a pessimistic community. Oh well, I'm going to sit here in my bubble and not post much as usual XD

I guess I am being to pessimistic, sorry about that. With a model as big as the Tigershark on the table, you're going to want some resources supporting it too- Markerlights, Command Points, etc. If a Pathfinder squad on the ground can get 3 Markerlight hits on your target, and you use a precious Command Re-Roll on one of the to-wound rolls (in the case you roll a 1 for one of them) you can bring your damage up dramatically! If we're shooting at, say, an Imperial Knight, you're looking at 1.27 wounds, not 0.9. So, that's a statistical 8.89 damage which multiplies out to 17.78 damage. Add in our Seeker Missiles (6 shots at 97.2% hit chance) for 6 additional wounds, and our Missile Pods (1.29 damage) and overcharging Cyclic Ion Blasters (1.94 damage) we're looking at a total of 26.8 damage. That number is in fact larger than 24, so mathhammer would call that a clean kill!

If there isn't an Imperial Knight for us to kill, we'll do less damage... but, our target probably won't have an invulnerable save! If we shoot a Leman Russ (same defensive stats as a Knight, but fewer wounds and no invulnerable save) we'll do 22.4 damage... almost two destroyed Leman Russes :D

So, I guess my problem isn't with the firepower of the Tigershark. Rather, I wish I could just field half of it!

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Oct 26 2017 04:44

Arka0415 wrote:
So, I guess my problem isn't with the firepower of the Tigershark. Rather, I wish I could just field half of it!

Remember in 8th you can split fire all your weapons so you can kill 2 a turn :biggrin:

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#40 » Oct 26 2017 06:15

Nymphomanius wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:

Remember in 8th you can split fire all your weapons so you can kill 2 a turn :biggrin:

True! I just wish I could buy the firepower more granularity- 600+ points is a lot to spend! I'd prefer half the firepower in a 310-point package. But I'm just splitting hairs here!

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#41 » Oct 26 2017 07:04

Where the AX-1-0 really shines is dealing with Baneblades. It's laughable how easily it kills one. Of course, they can shoot back now with relative ease compared to 7th ed ...

Keep in mind, with the Tigershark, that this is probably the model you want to spend CP on. Make sure the target has 1 ML hit, to reroll misses, and that you save a CP to reroll a failed wound. It's not as hard as you think to get 2 wounds onto a target.

I do agree with you, Arka0415, on how expensive the chassis is. The baneblade variants are cheaper and the guns all in general do more damage consistently, especially the stupid volcano cannon. If GW really wants a stupid powerful one-shot gun, it either needs to make the damage done into mortal wounds or double the damage to 4d6. Either of which could be fun things to use.

Cheers!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#42 » Oct 29 2017 12:53

Do we have any idea about how long we'll be using these Index rules for the Tigershark, Barracuda, etc?

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#43 » Oct 29 2017 07:55

Anyone ordered the new model? If so, any chance of pics of the pre-assembled components once it arrives? :)

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#44 » Oct 30 2017 06:21

R.D. wrote:Anyone ordered the new model? If so, any chance of pics of the pre-assembled components once it arrives? :)

Sure, I'm at work but happen to have some on my phone from my WIP last night.

Note that I'm still waiting on the pilots, because apparently they didn't bother making any before putting up that offer.

Also, it doesn't come with a base or flying stand. I've emailed about that to see if it's a mistake.

https://imgur.com/a/144yS

The second to last image in the gallery shows the condition the model is in after a good long soak and a couple of scrubs with fairy liquid. Still looks to be a lot of release compound on it to me, so before the final little fiddly details get added it will probably be having an overnight soak in washing up liquid.

Overall though the model is very nice and in very good condition (guess thats the advantage of getting an early run cast).

Arka0415 wrote:Do we have any idea about how long we'll be using these Index rules for the Tigershark, Barracuda, etc?

The rules for the Tigershark have been re-written as a downloadable PDF with the new cast.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#45 » Oct 30 2017 06:27

PeeJ wrote:https://imgur.com/a/144yS

The second to last image in the gallery shows the condition the model is in after a good long soak and a couple of scrubs with fairy liquid. Still looks to be a lot of release compound on it to me, so before the final little fiddly details get added it will probably be having an overnight soak in washing up liquid.

Overall though the model is very nice and in very good condition (guess thats the advantage of getting an early run cast).

That mold quality looks absolutely stunning.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#46 » Oct 30 2017 06:41

PeeJ wrote:
Note that I'm still waiting on the pilots, because apparently they didn't bother making any before putting up that offer.

Also, it doesn't come with a base or flying stand. I've emailed about that to see if it's a mistake.

Yeah, me too. I picked mine up on Saturday and just asked them to post them to me when they come in stock. I'm excited for them, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Mine did come with a base and stand, so perhaps yours went missing when boxing it up :-(

Yours has a lot more compound on than mine did, but yours looks a lot cleaner in general that mine - I've got quite a few flash and mould lines and the railguns are quite warped, so may have to soak them again for a little bit and try and reset them.

Besides that, I also picked up some Remora drones, and for my first Forgeworld purchases, I'm loving it all so far! :D
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#47 » Oct 30 2017 06:46

Model looks great! Nice pumpkin too.

PeeJ wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Do we have any idea about how long we'll be using these Index rules for the Tigershark, Barracuda, etc?

The rules for the Tigershark have been re-written as a downloadable PDF with the new cast.

Re-written but the points costs are still wacky.

Hopefully if they put out a real Imperial Armor Tau book we'll see things fall into line.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#48 » Oct 30 2017 07:01

Ghostly Daemon wrote:Yeah, me too. I picked mine up on Saturday and just asked them to post them to me when they come in stock. I'm excited for them, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Mine did come with a base and stand, so perhaps yours went missing when boxing it up :-(

Yours has a lot more compound on than mine did, but yours looks a lot cleaner in general that mine - I've got quite a few flash and mould lines and the railguns are quite warped, so may have to soak them again for a little bit and try and reset them.

Besides that, I also picked up some Remora drones, and for my first Forgeworld purchases, I'm loving it all so far! :D

Good to know, hopefully they will send one out then.

I was also there Saturday. They lost my model too, as in, they couldn't find where the packaged up one with my name on it had went, so they just gave me one off the shelf at the FW shop. Sadly I couldn't convince them to give me the master.

I also picked up a y'vhara and tried to get a baracuda but they are out of stock following the bundles they put up around the Tigershark release.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#49 » Oct 31 2017 11:12

PeeJ wrote:
R.D. wrote:Anyone ordered the new model? If so, any chance of pics of the pre-assembled components once it arrives? :)

Sure, I'm at work but happen to have some on my phone from my WIP last night.

Ah, very nice!

Any chance we could see the size of the railguns, placed next to another model for reference?

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#50 » Oct 31 2017 11:16

R.D. wrote:
Ah, very nice!

Any chance we could see the size of the railguns, placed next to another model for reference?

If you like, I'll snap a pic tonight. They are glued in place now, but they are the same size as the taunar one i believe.

I'll take a few snaps and post when i'm back from work.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#51 » Oct 31 2017 11:33

PeeJ wrote:
R.D. wrote:
Ah, very nice!

If you like, I'll snap a pic tonight. They are glued in place now, but they are the same size as the taunar one i believe.

Cool, thanks!

Hm, I thought it would've come with more guns to magnetize, though on reflection that's for another variant?

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#52 » Oct 31 2017 05:03

R.D. wrote:
PeeJ wrote:
R.D. wrote:
Ah, very nice!

Cool, thanks!

Hm, I thought it would've come with more guns to magnetize, though on reflection that's for another variant?

Just used what models I had at hand, which is some Imperial Fists and an unpainted Kroot...

https://imgur.com/gallery/xIxgv

This is a model specifically for the Tigershark AX-1-0, not the fighter bomber which I assume is the variation you're talking about.

R.D.
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#53 » Oct 31 2017 08:19

PeeJ wrote:
R.D. wrote:
PeeJ wrote:

Cool, thanks!

Just used what models I had at hand, which is some Imperial Fists and an unpainted Kroot...

https://imgur.com/gallery/xIxgv

This is a model specifically for the Tigershark AX-1-0, not the fighter bomber which I assume is the variation you're talking about.

Thanks! Thought it looked smaller than the previous due to those Marines, until I noticed they were just standing high on piled up bases. :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#54 » Nov 02 2017 09:49

A little update- I emailed forgeworld about the Barracuda being over-costed. I think I explained myself pretty well, and I just got a response saying that the Barracuda's points cost will be considered for a future FAQ/errata! My point will probably be ignored, but it's at least cool to know that Forgeworld is working on the next FAQs! :D

Return to “General Discussion”