Help to Recognize Support Systems

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Help to Recognize Support Systems

Post#1 » Aug 23 2017 02:20

Hi all,

I know some support systems items, but another support system like Advanced Targeting system, i have no idea what item or object is to put on my Crisis or Commanders... So i will put here some pictures of the items that i know for now. I would like that others users help me to recognize all support systems.

Multitracker, target lock and shield generator:

Drone Controler:

What is this?

What is this?

What is this?

What is this?

What is this?

Thanks for help
Last edited by bl4ckc00k1e on Aug 23 2017 02:49, edited 2 times in total.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Recognize Support Systems?

Post#2 » Aug 23 2017 02:33

The second to last image you posted is the post-6th edition iteration of the Command and Control Node.

Unlike the original support systems, the newer ones introduced in 6th edition don't have specific bits to represent them. Instead, 6th edition Battlesuit models like the Broadside and Riptide included a number of generic 'new support system' bits which are the second, third and final images you posted. They've never corresponded to any one particular support system, and the official statement from GW was that any support system part could be used to represent any support system in the game, provided you clearly explain to your opponent what support systems your battlesuits are equipped with.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 23 2017 02:36

Seriously, the same thread got opened just an hour ago.
Try the search system before opening a new one please. ;)

http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26405

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Aug 23 2017 02:42

Panzer wrote:Seriously, the same thread got opened just an hour ago.
Try the search system before opening a new one please. ;)

http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26405

Sorry but use it, the problem was that i lose a lot of time searching and posting the images, some of images don't load so i search others, etc. So when i start write the post the previus post was no posted yet. But thanks for the advice
Last edited by bl4ckc00k1e on Aug 23 2017 02:52, edited 2 times in total.

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 23 2017 02:43

Kakapo42 wrote:The second to last image you posted is the post-6th edition iteration of the Command and Control Node.

Unlike the original support systems, the newer ones introduced in 6th edition don't have specific bits to represent them. Instead, 6th edition Battlesuit models like the Broadside and Riptide included a number of generic 'new support system' bits which are the second, third and final images you posted. They've never corresponded to any one particular support system, and the official statement from GW was that any support system part could be used to represent any support system in the game, provided you clearly explain to your opponent what support systems your battlesuits are equipped with.

So only the first 3 items (target lock, shield and multitracker) have his items (Drone controller too), the others can represent the others support systems. So, advanced targeting system can be represent with 1 of this others items. Thanks for the info now all is clear

P.D. In this post: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewt ... 21&t=22980 I supposed that some items of the paper have not that official role.

Return to “General Discussion”