Space marine equivalent

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Blade Runner
Shas'Saal

Space marine equivalent

Post#1 » Aug 31 2017 11:53

Does anyone know if there is a space marine equivalent site to tau tactica out there?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Space marine equivalent

Post#2 » Aug 31 2017 12:04

Blade Runner wrote:Does anyone know if there is a space marine equivalent site to tau tactica out there?

Bolter&Chainsword is the biggest Space Marine forum I know. At least it used to be Space Marines only. Since then they added subforums for Daemons, other Imperial factions and now even Xenos faction subforums.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#3 » Aug 31 2017 12:07

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/ is about what you're gonna get. One of the largest exclusively 40k forums on the net, caters specifically to armies of the Imperium and Traitors. Xenos discussion is mostly policed.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#4 » Aug 31 2017 12:08

Panzer wrote:now even Xenos faction subforums.

Wait, woah, when did that happen?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 31 2017 12:10

SinisterSamurai wrote:
Panzer wrote:now even Xenos faction subforums.

Wait, woah, when did that happen?

A few months ago. ^^

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 31 2017 01:49

Panzer wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:Does anyone know if there is a space marine equivalent site to tau tactica out there?

Bolter&Chainsword is the biggest Space Marine forum I know. At least it used to be Space Marines only. Since then they added subforums for Daemons, other Imperial factions and now even Xenos faction subforums.

B&C has some rather draconian mods that have a horrible grasp of english. They enforce BS with an iron fist. I got banned for a post thanking the community and a message of hope during the korean missle crisis.

Not as bad As Dakka dakka mods who lie and encourage abuse and harrasment on anyone who has a negative critique of 40k. Such as not liking 8th edition. They allow harrasment. Nothing is worse then Dakka Dakkas regular forum members who activley abuse anyone that says anything they don't agree with. Just for fun. Mods encourge this. I got banned for proving a mod was Full of crap with evidence to back it. They allow harrasment to flourish then ban the victim if they ask for help.

Both have mods on a power trip. Abuse of power is a regular thing on both sites.

Unlike the mods here who seem stellar and responsable.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Aug 31 2017 02:58

Knives wrote:
Panzer wrote:

B&C has some rather draconian mods that have a horrible grasp of english. They enforce BS with an iron fist. I got banned for a post thanking the community and a message of hope during the korean missle crisis.

Not as bad As Dakka dakka mods who lie and encourage abuse and harrasment on anyone who has a negative critique of 40k. Such as not liking 8th edition. They allow harrasment. Nothing is worse then Dakka Dakkas regular forum members who activley abuse anyone that says anything they don't agree with. Just for fun. Mods encourge this. I got banned for proving a mod was Full of crap with evidence to back it. They allow harrasment to flourish then ban the victim if they ask for help.

Both have mods on a power trip. Abuse of power is a regular thing on both sites.

I honestly have made mostly good experiences on B&C. I actually prefer it over this forum for most things, if I'm allowed to say so.
If you have a problem with a mod, talk about it with an admin. Mods aren't perfect.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get banned on B&C for just that but as always when the one who got banned talks about it it's just part of the whole story and I have literally NO intention to talk more about it here or anywhere.

On another note, not related to anything you said Knives, one of the best things about B&C is that it simply feels like a big and active flgs with all the events they are doing every year.
Be it a conversion challenge, a kitbash challenge, a fiction writing challenge or the more common painting challenges. Best example would be the ETL where people vow for painting units for the imperial or chaos side and that way collect points to make their side win, so you 'win' even without being the best painter on the forum. As reward you are allowed to put the winner banner in your signature (most events there have such a reward or similar ones).

P.S. enough advertising, that wasn't even my intention anyway. Just making a point that it's a great forum with the occasional exceptions from members or mods like anywhere else on the internet that's not a trash community.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Aug 31 2017 03:15

Panzer wrote:
Knives wrote:
Panzer wrote:Bolter&Chainsword is the biggest Space Marine forum I know. At least it used to be Space Marines only. Since then they added subforums for Daemons, other Imperial factions and now even Xenos faction subforums.

I honestly have made mostly good experiences on B&C. I actually prefer it over this forum for most things, if I'm allowed to say so.
If you have a problem with a mod, talk about it with an admin. Mods aren't perfect.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get banned on B&C for just that but as always when the one who got banned talks about it it's just part of the whole story and I have literally NO intention to talk more about it here or anywhere.

On another note, not related to anything you said Knives, one of the best things about B&C is that it simply feels like a big and active flgs with all the events they are doing every year.
Be it a conversion challenge, a kitbash challenge, a fiction writing challenge or the more common painting challenges. Best example would be the ETL where people vow for painting units for the imperial or chaos side and that way collect points to make their side win, so you 'win' even without being the best painter on the forum. As reward you are allowed to put the winner banner in your signature (most events there have such a reward or similar ones).

P.S. enough advertising, that wasn't even my intention anyway. Just making a point that it's a great forum with the occasional exceptions from members or mods like anywhere else on the internet that's not a trash community.

Actually I got perma banned for protesting my post being removed by the mod on BC. And yes that's the only reason. The mods treat you like crap unless agree with 100% everything they do. The mod gave me an ultimatum agree witb him or be banned. I choose to question his ethics on banning someone for not agreeing with a one sided narrative. The mod insisted my post violated the rules and forced me to say unless I was wrong. He would ban me. I tried talking to admins. They say talk to the mods. So yeah. I got banned for just that.

Warrior Fish. I think was the mod. Power tripping loser as far as I'm concerned. Dude gave me ultimatum unless I agreed with him. Needless to say you should never give someone an ultimatum over thanking the community during a global crisis. The mod was rude and lacked basic human respect. I called him on the draconian bs. So yeah. Perma banned for thanking the community. Well more accurately the mod was being a control freak with no respect for basic compassion. I told him off. Naturally. You don't give people ultimatums and treat them like dirt. I could understand if my post was politicle which is what He said violated the rules.

But it wasn't. And he not only would not listen or give basic respect he insisted that I capitulate admitting I was wrong when a basic grasp of english was his mistake. Because barley touching on current events is clearly politics and violates the rules. When the Intent and context of the message was about thanking the community, And had nothing to do with politics. Nor is news politics. I simply mentioned that world leaders are waving nukes at eachother, as a lead in to the
Post that I was grateful to the community for years of playing 40k. Nothing about the intent or contex of the post was anout politics. I double checked it with an english major to be sure. The mod was completely off his rocker. And really disrepectful dissmisve and rude.

I love BC community but sorry to say I don't take abuse from dictators well. Thus the perma ban. I miss BC actually. But I will never let anyone treat me like that.

You should never abuse your power as a mod or dictate an ultimatum to your forum members. And you should never lack basic human respect and compassion.

The rest of forum was okay sometimes great. BC is good just make sure to avoid fish.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Aug 31 2017 03:58

Look, I feel sorry for your experience, but as I said I really don't feel like talking about it with you.
I can just say that I didn't make any experiences like that and I've been there for quite a while already. I definitely haven't experienced mods treating anybody like crap. With the experiences I've made on B&C I tend towards saying the fault was with you though. Probably the way you acted in response to their action. Impossible to prove you or them being in the right now anyway so it's a mood point.

I know WarriorFish. He is harsh when he does mod things but I didn't experience him as unfair or as being on a power trip. And yes the B&C guidelines are strict about non-40k content. You should know when you made an account there. Anything non-40k gets deleted (or rather hidden away) or sometimes moved to an appropriate subforum.
Taking care that forum guidelines are followed is their job. Like the mods here deleting leaks etc. even if it sometimes from an official source since it's against this forums guidelines while it's perfectly fine and appreciated to post those things on B&C. Different forum, different rules. If you oppenly protest against those rules and make it apparent to the mods that you won't follow them (who knows what you wrote with them) then I can understand their decision to ban you.
So not perma banned for thanking the community, but perma banned for not following the forum guidelines and showing an attitude that you won't follow them in future probably.

I won't say it's your fault. No, I can't do that because I wasn't there and didn't see what you wrote to eachother. But from what you wrote here and from what I experienced on B&C and WarriorFish I'll say it's likely it's been your fault and not his.
Some people just really have problems accepting a mods decision if they are the target, I guess.

Anyway, this is highly offtopic. If you want to keep talking to me about it we should continue it via PM but I tell you now that it's rather unlikely that I'll respond any further on it. You made your point clear, I made my point clear.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Aug 31 2017 04:18

And I disagree strongly that it was my fault and not his.

I don't have the power to ban people for not following an insane ultimatum. He does. Regardless of your feelings on the subject the guy was a tool. And I told him off for abusing his power and being a dictator. Who forces you to agree with them. That's just insane.

Anyway this is going off topic.

BC. Is a great community if you can ignore draconian posting rules and avoid mod abuse.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Aug 31 2017 04:34

Knives wrote:And I disagree strongly that it was my fault and not his.

Obviously. :roll:

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Aug 31 2017 04:35

Panzer wrote:
Knives wrote:And I disagree strongly that it was my fault and not his.

Obviously. :roll:

Lolz. :crafty:

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#13 » Aug 31 2017 08:15

While it's good to see that it seems to have been resolved, I feel compelled to remind everyone that ATT is not really the place for airing harshly-worded grievances towards other forums and their members. I understand that people often have bad experiences on internet forums (even I myself have been burned, and there's more than a few out there who think this very forum itself is unfair at times), but name-calling in posts is not terribly constructive. Besides, respectful coherent dialogue is much more likely to solve problems. :)

To answer the OP, the closest Space Marine equivalent to ATT that I know of is indeed Bolter and Chainsword, but if anyone else knows of other Space Marine dedicated sites then by all means post a link to them on this thread.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#14 » Sep 01 2017 02:55

I'll give this a bit more time to gestate, but the conversation here is admittedly going way off topic and it appears some disrespectful rhetoric has appeared.

I would recommend that all members involved reread the membership primers and thoroughly digest what ATT is all about.

Return to “General Discussion”