Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
User avatar
Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El
Posts: 1302
Contact:

Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#1 » Sep 11 2017 02:22

My phone doesn't want to do proper formatting so any links I'm posting are broken. But feel free to check out the Warhammer Community website for a look at the upcoming AdMech codex that will be dropping soon. From what they're saying, it looks a lot like AdMech will be able to counter the conscript spam that won NOVA this year.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

User avatar
Juicy Fruit
Shas
Posts: 27

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#2 » Sep 12 2017 05:44

Forge World Focus: Mars

The situation they describe is how I feel the meta is shifting. They talk about a large number (20) of elites being buffed by a character. Having lots of expensive units is too easily countered in 8th. If the enemy dumps a troop blob on an objective those shiny High Strength High AP weapons suddenly feel very ineffective.

If you're looking to build a list to counter the conscripts I think the most competitive option for tau is a Double battalion + outrider. 10CP and enough drones and firewarriors to rival their army for models and provide bubble wrap for your commanders and their S7&8 weapons.
Primum conatus pessimi

Sheeb
Shas'Saal
Posts: 44

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#3 » Sep 12 2017 11:18

I don't think you're allowed to double up on the same formation...

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3545

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#4 » Sep 12 2017 11:22

Sheeb wrote:I don't think you're allowed to double up on the same formation...

There are no formations anymore, just detachments. And of course you are allowed to take the same detachment multiple times.

User avatar
CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal
Posts: 99

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#5 » Sep 12 2017 11:27

Panzer wrote:
Sheeb wrote:I don't think you're allowed to double up on the same formation...

There are no formations anymore, just detachments. And of course you are allowed to take the same detachment multiple times.


Varies from tournament format to tournament format, but so far in ITC, I have not seen it banned. Some local formats say no doubling or limit you to 2 detachments instead of the 3 set forth in ITC.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3545

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#6 » Sep 12 2017 01:52

CDR_Farsight wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Sheeb wrote:I don't think you're allowed to double up on the same formation...

There are no formations anymore, just detachments. And of course you are allowed to take the same detachment multiple times.


Varies from tournament format to tournament format, but so far in ITC, I have not seen it banned. Some local formats say no doubling or limit you to 2 detachments instead of the 3 set forth in ITC.

Of course, but those are houserules then. Nothing in the actual core or advance rules limits the amount of detachments you can take. Not different ones nor similar ones.

User avatar
CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal
Posts: 99

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#7 » Sep 12 2017 02:41

Panzer wrote:
CDR_Farsight wrote:
Panzer wrote:There are no formations anymore, just detachments. And of course you are allowed to take the same detachment multiple times.


Varies from tournament format to tournament format, but so far in ITC, I have not seen it banned. Some local formats say no doubling or limit you to 2 detachments instead of the 3 set forth in ITC.

Of course, but those are houserules then. Nothing in the actual core or advance rules limits the amount of detachments you can take. Not different ones nor similar ones.


Exactly
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

User avatar
StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal
Posts: 145
Contact:

Re: Warhammer Community posts AdMech Preview

Post#8 » Sep 13 2017 04:20

Gaia focus also available, also some really nice combinations there

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-4/

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests