An interesting synergy in new AM codex

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Nymphomanius
Shas

An interesting synergy in new AM codex

Post#1 » Oct 13 2017 04:29

So got the new AM codex and noticed something about the cadian regimental doctrine.

Models that do not move in the shooting phase can reroll 1's to hit in the shooting phase models who are issued the take aim order reroll all failed hits instead

Not wishlisting specifically but if they implement something like this for our ethereals and Markerlights would make the ethereal reroll 1 ability more useful

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: An interesting synergy in new AM codex

Post#2 » Oct 13 2017 10:31

Nymphomanius wrote:So got the new AM codex and noticed something about the cadian regimental doctrine.

Models that do not move in the shooting phase can reroll 1's to hit in the shooting phase models who are issued the take aim order reroll all failed hits instead

Not wishlisting specifically but if they implement something like this for our ethereals and Markerlights would make the ethereal reroll 1 ability more useful

Absolutely. This is just an example of some of the amazing synergies out there in the new Codexes. I think the future is very bright for the Tau, assuming our Codex is as good as the AdMech one or the Guard one!

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Oct 14 2017 03:47

The more codices arrive the more it makes me sad.
So many pretty rules I'd wish T'au would get and then I realize we wont get it because someone else already has it.

I also may declare it would be too strong. There's a difference between some Guards rerolling their misses or a bunch of firewarriors.
Imagine Firewarriors with that buff being acompanied by a fireblade. 3 Shots on 15" each with a 75% hitchance. Lovely. I'd buy that :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Oct 14 2017 04:25

Ricordis wrote:The more codices arrive the more it makes me sad.
So many pretty rules I'd wish T'au would get and then I realize we wont get it because someone else already has it.

Many of the new rules are being re-used! There's still hope! :D

Nymphomanius
Shas

Post#5 » Oct 14 2017 04:40

Ricordis wrote:The more codices arrive the more it makes me sad.

I also may declare it would be too strong. There's a difference between some Guards rerolling their misses or a bunch of firewarriors.
Imagine Firewarriors with that buff being acompanied by a fireblade. 3 Shots on 15" each with a 75% hitchance. Lovely. I'd buy that :D

There's a difference between 10 guardsmen with lasgun and 10 firewarrior yes.
But it also works across any guard infantry including heavyweapon teams and can combine squad as a stratgem so could order 1 squad of say 6 Lascannon all reroll to hit and depending on if it's the warlord and choice of artifact on 4+ could be re-rolling 1's to wound also.

A very specific example I know but I'd thought about it so not impossible.

Also the stormtroopers doctrine would be sick for us.

Return to “General Discussion”