Panzer wrote:I'm still promoting my reworked Markerlight table:
1. Re-roll 1s
2. Missiles at users BS, +1 to-hit
3. Ignore Cover
4. +1 to-hit
It basically fused the 2nd and 3rd bonus and made the "ignore movement penalties" into a +1 to-hit because it's basically the same thing just before it was very siuational and very clunky to use because you have to move/advance before shooting Markerlights.
We could even add other stuff for a 5th bonus. Stronger Missiles or whatever.
Let's just take your table in consideration. With 4 markers we can shoot a team of 3 Crisis with 9 Fusions on BS 2+. Too strong. 10 Gun Drones with Drone controller could fire 40 shots S5 on BS 2+ and reroll 1's. This is way too crazy. W could practically shoot every single weapon (and they are strong) in our army on BS 2+. Seems too much imo.
I still disagree.
Strong? Yes. Too strong? No. Markerlights are very vulnerable and so far our suits are very expensive.
On the other side of the fence we have:
- Assault Cannon Razorbacks who are 1. Dedicated Transports, 2. have 12 S6 AP-1 shots at BS3+ for just 100p
- Characters with re-roll to hit auras (both kind, 1s and failed ones) and are WAY harder to remove than Markerlights (and don't need to hit their BS4+ shots in the first place), without having to stay stationary and without it being a once-per-game bonus like with our HQs
- Lascannon wielding infantry and tanks cheaper than our comparable stuff, in case of Slaanesh CSM they can even shoot twice
- Slaanesh Terminators who drop in and shoot 20 Plasma shots hitting on 3+, re-rolling 1s with a nearby Lord
- +1 to-wound stratagems
- +1 to-hit psychic powers
- -1 to-hit psychic powers
- 5+ FnP psychic powers
- a ton of other shenanigans
You're talking about the best case where we have all our Markerlights left and managed to get our max bonus. It's literally the best we could possibly pull off in your scenario. If the enemy goes first or deployed out of LoS or in reserves for a beta strike he will aim to remove our Markerlights for sure so we won't get all the bonuses while the other armies buffs are usually on characters and stratagems who aren't as easily countered.
Most rounds you would probably only hit with 1-3 Markerlights and not 4.
Also, our weapons aren't stronger than others. Our Plasma is weaker even. We just happen to be able to put more of those on a single model. Space Marines usually play Devastators or Company/Vanguards Vets where they can give every model a plasma, melta or lascannon as well.
Only our basic weapons are stronger which we usually opt to not take too unless we play a gunline or drone spam list (and the drone spam is a very new concept even).