Panzer wrote:Strong? Yes. Too strong? No. Markerlights are very vulnerable and so far our suits are very expensive.
On the other side of the fence we have:
- Assault Cannon Razorbacks who are 1. Dedicated Transports, 2. have 12 S6 AP-1 shots at BS3+ for just 100p
- Characters with re-roll to hit auras (both kind, 1s and failed ones) and are WAY harder to remove than Markerlights (and don't need to hit their BS4+ shots in the first place), without having to stay stationary and without it being a once-per-game bonus like with our HQs
- Lascannon wielding infantry and tanks cheaper than our comparable stuff, in case of Slaanesh CSM they can even shoot twice
- Slaanesh Terminators who drop in and shoot 20 Plasma shots hitting on 3+, re-rolling 1s with a nearby Lord
- +1 to-wound stratagems
- +1 to-hit psychic powers
- -1 to-hit psychic powers
- 5+ FnP psychic powers
- a ton of other shenanigans
You're talking about the best case where we have all our Markerlights left and managed to get our max bonus. It's literally the best we could possibly pull off in your scenario. If the enemy goes first or deployed out of LoS or in reserves for a beta strike he will aim to remove our Markerlights for sure so we won't get all the bonuses while the other armies buffs are usually on characters and stratagems who aren't as easily countered.
Most rounds you would probably only hit with 1-3 Markerlights and not 4.
Also, our weapons aren't stronger than others. Our Plasma is weaker even. We just happen to be able to put more of those on a single model. Space Marines usually play Devastators or Company/Vanguards Vets where they can give every model a plasma, melta or lascannon as well.
Only our basic weapons are stronger which we usually opt to not take too unless we play a gunline or drone spam list (and the drone spam is a very new concept even).
Yeah, I think what people are missing is the fact that the other armies get synergies that are absolutely bonkers. What's our craziest synergy? Stacking our Fire Warriors with three different non-stacking re-rolling ones buffs while Slaanesh units get access to nonsensical levels of power?
Man, there are times when I wish I played any other army. But nope, we're going to work together and make Tau the best faction in the game or we're going to die trying!