Tau's most annoying weakness. Thoughts?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau's most annoying weakness. Thoughts?

Post#91 » Oct 22 2017 09:35

Haechi wrote:
Lostroninsoul wrote:
I just noticed.... We are playing our armies bad. We are whining about combat, when we are locking on our punches.... Markerlights power up our suit punching things. Lol

Markerlights don't last after the shooting phase.

Good catch. Well there goes my idea of rock em sock em robots...

Klapaucius87
Shas'Saal

Post#92 » Oct 22 2017 06:00

What about have markerlight hit at 2+ or something like that?
Given they are a key part of our synergy the fact they hit 50% of times or less is quite damaging in itself.
Especially with the 3ml bonus you move and than HOPE to get the 3 hit to remove the penalty. Not exactly something to plan around, unless you a squad of pathfinder to back it up.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#93 » Oct 22 2017 11:25

Lostroninsoul wrote:Good catch. Well there goes my idea of rock em sock em robots...

ATS works during the fighting phase though ^^

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#94 » Oct 22 2017 11:26

Klapaucius87 wrote:What about have markerlight hit at 2+ or something like that?
Given they are a key part of our synergy the fact they hit 50% of times or less is quite damaging in itself.
Especially with the 3ml bonus you move and than HOPE to get the 3 hit to remove the penalty. Not exactly something to plan around, unless you a squad of pathfinder to back it up.

This. I really like this. To me it's the best fix. If all ML hit on 2+, then you don't need to change anything on the table.

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#95 » Oct 23 2017 03:12

And then for sure we will have only alpha strike as there will be for sure no markelights after 1st turn.

If ML could stack for 2phases at least then it will be possible to use 5th point reasonable.

Nymphomanius
Shas

Post#96 » Oct 23 2017 04:11

Or an interesting thought make the table bigger with more buffs and make the markerlight token last all game?

But personally I think a mix of the old and new would be best.

Something like this
. When a unit is hit by a markerlight, place a counter next to it for the remainder of the phase. The table below describes the benefits T'AU EMPIRE models can have when shooting at a unit that has markerlight counters.
Each time a unit fires at a unit with markerlight tokens you may apply 1 effect for each markerlight token on the target (all effects are cumulative)
* 1 - You can re-roll to hit rolls of 1 for T'AU EMPIRE models attacking this unit.
* 2 - Destroyer and seeker missiles fired at this unit use the firing model's Ballistic Skill (and any modifiers) rather than only hitting on a 6.
* 3 - T'AU EMPIRE models attacking this unit do not suffer the penalty for moving and firing Heavy weapons or Advancing and firing Assault weapons.
* 4 - The target unit does not gain any bonus to its saving throws for being in cover.
* 5 - Add 1 to hit rolls for T'AU EMPIRE models attacking this unit. (may stack up to 2 times)
*6 - T'au Empire models that roll a 6+ to hit may fire an additional shot (these shots cannot generate additional shots)
*7 - an enemy unit wounded by this attack must subtract 1 from their morale until the end of the turn (may be applied by up to 3 units)

Return to “General Discussion”