Reprice the Tau

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
zawyvern
Shas'Saal

Reprice the Tau

Post#1 » Oct 18 2017 08:06

So, seeing a lot of similar threads but with less focus I thought I'd start a thread where we could focus it all in one place and make it easy to read. Just post what we thought needed to be changed.

*note please do not list actual points. just what you'd like to see. also no math alluding to the actual points.

General rules:
1) post the unit(s)/weapon(s) names you think need to be repriced, then list power points or points or both.
ex: missile pod 15 points

2) don't post explanations. trying to keep it to the data. I'm going to assume you have a logical argument to back up your post and just aren't wish listing.

3) No wish listing. Try to post fair pricing based on you playing Tau or facing them. Also no rule changes to the units themselves. Only price changing. Otherwise go crazy, redo the whole index if you want.

4) try to read all the posts to see if someone already posted the same points for a unit you want to reprice.
Last edited by zawyvern on Oct 18 2017 11:32, edited 2 times in total.

zawyvern
Shas'Saal

Re: Reprice the Tau

Post#2 » Oct 18 2017 08:42

Repricing suit options.

all battlesuits with hardpoints to place either weapons or systems.
up to 2 weapons: +1 power point. up to an additional 2 weapons: +1 power point. (fixed weapons don't add power points. included in the unit price)

crisis team: 6 power points/ 35 points per model
commander: 70 points
broadside: 7 power points/ 60 points per model
riptide: 15 power points/ 135 points per model

Missile pod 20 points
Heavy Rail rifle 48 points
Fusion blaster 25 points
Heavy burst cannon: 45 points

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Oct 18 2017 09:14

Split all Crisis Suit weapon option costs based on the Ballistic Skill of the model. If it's a BS 2+ model, it pays the premium price. If it's 3+ or worse, it pays the cheaper cost.

Fusion Blaster - 20, 30 (2+)
Missile Pod - 15, 20 (2+)
Burst Cannon - 7, 10 (2+)
Cyclic Ion Blaster - 15, 20 (2+)
Plasma Rifle - 8, 11 (2+)
Flamer - 9, 9 (2+)
Airbursting Fragmentation Projector - 7, 10 (2+)

Also:

Commander - 86 points
Longstrike - 151 points
XV25 Stealth Suit - 25 points
XV8 Crisis Suit - 32 points
XV104 Riptide Suit - 159 points
Kroot Carnivores - 4 points
XV88 Broadside Suit - 70 points
TX78 Skyray Gunship - 102 points
TY7 Devilfish - 91 points
Tidewall Droneport - 50 points

MV1 Gun Drone - 10 points
MV7 Marker Drone - 8 points
MV71 Sniper Drone - 10 points

Ion Accelerator - 60 points
Heavy Burst Cannon - 28 points
Heavy Rail Rifle - 53 points
High-Yield Missile Pod - 36 points

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Oct 18 2017 11:12

I'm fairly sure this post is a breach of one of the guidelines for the site.
Never, ever list individual point values for anything.
Listing the sum total of points for a squad is OK, but no item-by-item points breakdowns are ever allowed. ATT has zero tolerance for listing individual point values. Repeat offenders will be subject to administrative procedures. Nothing will get us smacked down faster by GW than by listing individual points values for wargear, unit models and upgrades. They will not hesitate to drop the hammer on us, so we in turn cannot be lax in policing this issue.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Oct 18 2017 11:23

Bloodknife92 wrote:I'm fairly sure this post is a breach of one of the guidelines for the site.
Listing the sum total of points for a squad is OK, but no item-by-item points breakdowns are ever allowed. ATT has zero tolerance for listing individual point values. Repeat offenders will be subject to administrative procedures. Nothing will get us smacked down faster by GW than by listing individual points values for wargear, unit models and upgrades. They will not hesitate to drop the hammer on us, so we in turn cannot be lax in policing this issue.

Since the only things being posted are potential changes with no marked relation to actual point totals, I don’t see how it can be possibly be construed that way, but I guess that’s for the admins to say.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 18 2017 11:25

relasine wrote:Since the only things being posted are potential changes with no marked relation to actual point totals, I don’t see how it can be possibly be construed that way, but I guess that’s for the admins to say.

I agree here- modified points are okay as long as actual base costs are avoided.

Anyway, I really doubt we're going to see dual points costs. If they give a model BS2+, that model should pay a premium in its base cost.

Commander have more durability, more abilities, the Character rule, and take an HQ slot. As such, they should have a lower firing efficiency compared to XV8s. Or else, everyone is still going to take Commanders over XV8s. If we bring XV8s down to a more reasonable 30 points, Commanders would need to cost about 100 points to make their firepower less efficient than a normal XV8. If XV8s stay at their current price, then the Commander would need to cost 120 points base! So, we might be looking at some huge points changes here.

zawyvern
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 18 2017 11:30

Bloodknife92 wrote:I'm fairly sure this post is a breach of one of the guidelines for the site.

Not listing actual prices, just what we'd like to see. I'll edit the original post to reflect that. If a huge problem. Obviously deleting the post is not a problem.

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Oct 18 2017 11:37

Arka0415 wrote:Anyway, I really doubt we're going to see dual points costs.

Why not? They did it for Astra Militarum.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Oct 18 2017 11:43

relasine wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Anyway, I really doubt we're going to see dual points costs.

Why not? They did it for Astra Militarum.

At least to me it feels like a one-off thing. Space Marines, Chaos, Grey Knights, AdMech, Death Guard, etc all didn't get the dual points costs. Then Guard suddenly do. So, it might end up being an only-Guard thing.

However, it could be that BS3+/BS2+ armies get one points cost, while BS4+/BS2+ armies get two. Who knows! If, when the Eldar book comes out, they do dual points costs again, that would definitely change my opinion though.

Return to “General Discussion”