It's a new galaxy. What's next for Tau? Psychic? Thoughts?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: It's a new galaxy. What's next for Tau? Psychic? Thoughts?

Post#19 » Oct 20 2017 07:09

I'd prefer seeing proper Gue'vesa units who are modified with T'au technology. Not necessarily better, but different.
I know not all Gue'vesa forces of the T'au Empire got that treatment (many still have to prove being trustworthy), however it would be the kind of forces we'd see on the battlefield simply because it would make for more interesting models and units compared to AM1.5.

Nooch'un
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Oct 21 2017 02:20

Fluff wise we already have mind control worms closer to T''au than Vior'la, The Nagi on Sha' Galudd. They could maybe overwhelm mental a librarian or break Nid mental connections temporarily I don't know just was reading through old codexs and though hey we could have crazy worms messing with people as like a distraction or a debuff aura to enemies, have a character type since they seem to have a connection with Ethereal Caste in an advisory sense.
https://imgur.com/user/SpiltNooch
(Elsy'eir Sept Honour Division) [WIP]

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Oct 21 2017 03:02

I think it's the dream of many players to make "Tau Federation" lists. Maybe someday aliens will finally have viable units.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Oct 21 2017 07:34

I think with the new codex we might get new auxilliaries, I would guess Demiurg, but Nicassar or Guessa would be nice, but concerning human psychers, I red something about the T'au shying from accepting humans with psychic powers, still getting rules for Guessa and maybe dedicated models would be nice.

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Oct 21 2017 09:09

I'd guess the Demiurg are the most likely to be fleshed out into an actual presence in the table top. Jervis Johnson said that they were written in as a replacement for the Squats and were /are intended to be developed into a playable race as soon as someone cares enough to get around to it. Rolling that work into a small internal faction, like our Kroot options, shouldn't be that hard.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » Oct 21 2017 10:59

BAM two cents time.

Crazy predictions incoming.

So my guess is that we are not going to get any new model. I know Lady Aitia(SP) mentioned that we would get some kind of non-T'au thing, but rumors be rumors. We already got quite a few new models fairly recently. Models that kind of didn't really have to be upgraded, the T'au commander comes to mind.

Since GW loves to show off some kit bashed models, I bet we will see a section that has Gue'vesa in it. In fact, I almost guarantee it will be there. However, I doubt there will be rules for them, but who knows.

What I think they are going to do more than anything is restructure point costs. The Riptide is going to get a point reduction, and likely becoming more powerful in shooting. The Commander spam issue will likely be addressed.

Markerlights will likely be redone to some degree. The table itself seems to be unfinished, or half a table really. I would equate it to how most armies that had psykers only had three when they got their index. When the codex dropped it was bumped up to six. I bet we will see markerlights after 5.

More than anything though, I think "Sept Attributes" and stratagems are what we are going to get that will really be interesting. Other codex have a plethora of interesting and fluffy stratagems. Astra Militarum have a stratagem that costs 2-3 CPs and allows them to do an "artillery bombardment" after deployment and before the game begins. Each enemy unit on the battlefield roles a D6. They suffer 1 mortal wound on a 6. Not too powerful, but not too bad. Super fluffy and interesting. Other armies get things like getting to fight before they are removed from the fight phase as a casualty.

T'au will likely get some of our old formation rules baked in that will promote synergistic list building. Stealth suits might get the rules for Optimized Stealth Suit Cadre - Wall of Mirrors.

There might be a stratagem that lets the commander "blow up" when he loses his last wound, like the old signature system.

Stuff like that.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Oct 22 2017 01:27

Eh point restructure and sept rules are a given. Not much of a prediction. :P

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#26 » Oct 22 2017 03:02

Would anyone be interested in working on a little "Codex predictions" thread, and keeping it updated? To see how close we, the community, can guess what GW will do with the new Codex? Could b fun! :D

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Oct 22 2017 06:38

Arka0415 wrote:Would anyone be interested in working on a little "Codex predictions" thread, and keeping it updated? To see how close we, the community, can guess what GW will do with the new Codex? Could b fun! :D

I think that's pretty much what this post is about: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25954

Corazu
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Oct 25 2017 10:19

AnonAmbientLight wrote:We already got quite a few new models fairly recently. Models that kind of didn't really have to be upgraded, the T'au commander comes to mind.

To be fair on this point, the new T'au Commander model is plastic, replacing a finecast one that had quality issues (mine has a hole in the chestplate). I think that definitely warranted an upgrade.

Return to “General Discussion”