Happy 30th Anniversary people!!!

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Happy 30th Anniversary people!!!

Post#1 » Oct 20 2017 08:33

Today (AEST) is the 30th Anniversary of Warhammer 40,000. All this month, there will be sales and other things going on. Happy 30 years of 41st millennium Wargaming ATT!!! So what is everyone's thoughts on the last 30 odd years of Warhammer???
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Happy 30th Anniversary people!!!

Post#2 » Oct 21 2017 04:25

My thoughts?
Mmh...well we've come a long way and me not seeing the hobby through nostalgia glasses I'm glad many things changed. However I do miss Warhammer Fantasy 7e and my Tomb Kings quite a bit. :P

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Oct 21 2017 04:44

Panzer wrote:Mmh...well we've come a long way and me not seeing the hobby through nostalgia glasses I'm glad many things changed. However I do miss Warhammer Fantasy 7e and my Tomb Kings quite a bit. :P

Honestly, yeah, I love where 40k is at but I can't make up my mind about fantasy. I'd been working on a Fantasy Empire project, but with AoS and everything, I just can't put my heart into it anymore. I have 20 infantry and 2 large models finished, but... I guess I'm thinking about selling it. I have no issues with AoS but it's not the same.

I think GW learned from their mistakes with AoS. We're seeing the same changes in 40k (Stormcast, simplified rules, etc) but they're doing it the right way.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 21 2017 04:55

Arka0415 wrote:
Panzer wrote:Mmh...well we've come a long way and me not seeing the hobby through nostalgia glasses I'm glad many things changed. However I do miss Warhammer Fantasy 7e and my Tomb Kings quite a bit. :P

Honestly, yeah, I love where 40k is at but I can't make up my mind about fantasy. I'd been working on a Fantasy Empire project, but with AoS and everything, I just can't put my heart into it anymore. I have 20 infantry and 2 large models finished, but... I guess I'm thinking about selling it. I have no issues with AoS but it's not the same.

I think GW learned from their mistakes with AoS. We're seeing the same changes in 40k (Stormcast, simplified rules, etc) but they're doing it the right way.

Well they said they learned a lot from when they released AoS. Some of that knowledge went directly into AoS (aka bringing points back lmao) and some went into other development areas (aka 40k).
I think the biggest thing they learned from AoS they put into good use for 40k is that scratching a whole universe with its history and everything was a terrible idea so they now make the transition into the new 40k with new model ranges and armies more smooth and natural.

Return to “General Discussion”