Flechete pods, could they make a return?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Flechete pods, could they make a return?

Post#1 » Nov 01 2017 03:50

So I recently managed to pick up a Shas'O R'ymr really cheap and was looking over the rules for him again.
They're not outstanding but the flechete pods are really interesting the D6 str4 shots at 6" is obviously meant to be an overwatch use only and would be better if it hit automatically.
But I especially like the 2 shots per attack at str4 in CC and I'm looking forward to it returning for our vehicles.
I'd also like to see it as an optional extra for Commander suits. I in no way think it's amazing and not worth losing a gun for but handy for fending off T3 flak in CC and could be handy on a devilfish if it didn't hit on 5's

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Flechete pods, could they make a return?

Post#2 » Nov 01 2017 04:32

Is there much evidence that our vehicles will get wargear upgrades? I haven't paid much attention to the finer points of the new Codexes, do Eldar or Guard get vehicle upgrades?

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 01 2017 05:42

Arka0415 wrote:Is there much evidence that our vehicles will get wargear upgrades? I haven't paid much attention to the finer points of the new Codexes, do Eldar or Guard get vehicle upgrades?

Yes guard do I haven't seen the eldar codex yet but guard get augur array, dozer blade and track guards, less than before but some amd I think SM + CSM get them too

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 01 2017 06:34

Nymphomanius wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:Is there much evidence that our vehicles will get wargear upgrades? I haven't paid much attention to the finer points of the new Codexes, do Eldar or Guard get vehicle upgrades?

Yes guard do I haven't seen the eldar codex yet but guard get augur array, dozer blade and track guards, less than before but some amd I think SM + CSM get them too

Exciting! Flechette Pods could be a great option for our vehicles then. However, seeing as all of our vehicles have fly, you'd really only get to pop it once before noping out of there.

However, if it was strong, it's be a great shotgun for our Devilfish- we're already charging into enemy mobs to use Gun Drones, why not add some flechettes into the mix?

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 01 2017 10:25

Nymphomanius wrote:

I just picked up the Phoebix Lords edition of the Craftworlds Codex. I'll check for upgrades on the vehicles when I return home.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Return to “General Discussion”