How can I buy?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Kerrygan
Shas

Re: How can I buy?

Post#19 » Nov 10 2017 08:15

Well, finally I could buy!
A friend's sister had a french boyfriend (some years ago). I have him as Facebook friend, so I contact him, and he agreed to receive the models and then re-dispatch them to me.
I'm very happy. The prices buying in Europe are very good, compared to the ones that we have.

Well, I bought:

2x Start Collecting!
2x Pathfinder
2x XV25
1x Riptide

What do you think?

Also, thanks for all the comments here.
I'm new to this community and I'm VERY happy and impressed by it.
Cheers!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Nov 10 2017 08:29

Kerrygan wrote:A friend's sister had a french boyfriend (some years ago). I have him as Facebook friend, so I contact him, and he agreed to receive the models and then re-dispatch them to me.

Wow! Your friend's sister's french ex-boyfriend- that's one distant connection.

Kerrygan
Shas

Post#21 » Nov 10 2017 08:46

Arka0415 wrote:Wow! Your friend's sister's french ex-boyfriend- that's one distant connection.

Haha. Totally. But I remember him like a good guy. So I make a try.
I meet him here in Argentina, 2003 or so, and had very good moments.
I think is like the good guy Greg meme or something.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#22 » Nov 13 2017 03:47

Kerrygan wrote:Well, finally I could buy!
A friend's sister had a french boyfriend (some years ago). I have him as Facebook friend, so I contact him, and he agreed to receive the models and then re-dispatch them to me.
I'm very happy. The prices buying in Europe are very good, compared to the ones that we have.

Well, I bought:

2x Start Collecting!
2x Pathfinder
2x XV25
1x Riptide

What do you think?

Cheers!

This sounds like an excellent start. Congrats on getting the models. My first recommendation would be getting at least one of the actual commander models. Crisis suits can become commanders if need be but the actual commander kit is the only way to make the Coldstar, which is a pretty awesome suit.

As a recommendation for building the models, I'd make the bodies first, but I'd hold off on attaching arms until you've played a bit. For example, the pathfinder special weapons are pretty cool and worth experimenting with before gluing them in. The same with the different weapons for the fire warriors.

Cheers!

Kerrygan
Shas

Post#23 » Nov 13 2017 09:42

shasocastris wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:Well, finally I could buy!

Well, I bought:

2x Start Collecting!
2x Pathfinder
2x XV25
1x Riptide

What do you think?

Cheers!

This sounds like an excellent start. Congrats on getting the models. My first recommendation would be getting at least one of the actual commander models. Crisis suits can become commanders if need be but the actual commander kit is the only way to make the Coldstar, which is a pretty awesome suit.

As a recommendation for building the models, I'd make the bodies first, but I'd hold off on attaching arms until you've played a bit. For example, the pathfinder special weapons are pretty cool and worth experimenting with before gluing them in. The same with the different weapons for the fire warriors.

Cheers!

Hello!
Thanks for the reply and advices.
I'll take them.

Yes, in the future the plan is to buy something like:
2x Devilfish
1x Ghostkeel
Something Krooty?
And I was thinking on the Commander, and now with your advice, is for sure.

The thing is the difficult that I have to buy.
I don't know if this guy will can/want help me in the future. That limit seriously the purchasing options.

Can you give me some other advice on future purchases?

Also, I definitely will do the no-glue thing. Thanks.
Cheers with the wind!

kruetz
Shas

Post#24 » Nov 14 2017 04:58

Arka0415 wrote:
Nymphomanius wrote:You also have to take into consideration the wage difference between countries, minimum wage in the UK is £7.50 an hour (about 375 Rand) where as in South Africa it's 35,000 Rand a month (about £200) so it may be cheaper in some countries, but at the same time much more expensive as that amount of money takes much longer to obtain

Though an adult making £200/month probably wouldn't be able to afford 40k at all, even at reduced price...

Off topic: In some (actually a lot) of countries, 200 (pounds dollars euros) a month would make a person very very rich. Remember how fortunate we all are to have as much discretionary dollars to PLAY GAMES such as 40k.

On topic: If a couple of friends want to start small armies for 40k the leaked battalions (Christmans) boxes might be a quick easy solution. Giving each person a good size army to play eachother without getting a lot of little boxes, and hopefully have some good value. (always depends on sourcing such products of course)

Return to “General Discussion”