markerlight commander

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Beerson
Shas'Saal

markerlight commander

Post#1 » Nov 11 2017 06:56

ok, I know it sounds terrible, but this is more of a fun/ curiosity thread, is it possible to field commander with 4 support systems and more then one support systems of one type?

like say, making 3/4 ML commander for expensive but very reliable and durable markerlights to get to that 5 markerlight goal with BS2+?

and yeah, I know it's not the best idea and pathfinders can do it cheaper and with more wounds :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: markerlight commander

Post#2 » Nov 11 2017 07:48

Beerson wrote:ok, I know it sounds terrible, but this is more of a fun/ curiosity thread, is it possible to field commander with 4 support systems and more then one support systems of one type?

like say, making 3/4 ML commander for expensive but very reliable and durable markerlights to get to that 5 markerlight goal with BS2+?

and yeah, I know it's not the best idea and pathfinders can do it cheaper and with more wounds :D

You can only take each support system once- however, an all-system Commander wouldn't do much obviously!

The problem is, Commanders can't take Markerlights. If they could that'd be fantastic, but they can't.

Aj'T'au
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 11 2017 09:56

The only exception is a forgeworld model that has a networked marker light, but it would still requires a gun for it to function, unlike its previous versions.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 11 2017 11:42

Arka0415 wrote:You can only take each support system once- however, an all-system Commander wouldn't do much obviously!

The problem is, Commanders can't take Markerlights. If they could that'd be fantastic, but they can't.

damn, that's too bad :(

well, I guess that concludes this topic :D

ghost23
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 11 2017 02:52

I have quite a bit of success with this setup:

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (T'au Empire) [] ++

+ HQ +

Commander in XV84 Crisis battlesuit [PL, pts]: Drone controller, Missile pod, Target lock

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [ PL, ts]: 4x MV7 Marker Drone

++ Total: [pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Gives me abit of flexibility

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 11 2017 04:00

ghost23 wrote:I have quite a bit of success with this setup:

+ HQ +

Commander in XV84 Crisis battlesuit [PL, pts]: Drone controller, Missile pod, Target lock

+ Fast Attack +

Honestly though....I'd rather take just a Fireblade instead and call it a day. ^^

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 11 2017 05:03

ghost23 wrote:I have quite a bit of success with this setup:

+ HQ +

+ Fast Attack +

at that point I'd rather use my stealth team for that allowing my HQ drops to do what they are supposed to in 8th, bring BS2+ firepower, also unit of of 4 marker drones, bad idea

Kerrygan
Shas

Post#8 » Nov 11 2017 07:18

Beerson wrote:at that point I'd rather use my stealth team for that allowing my HQ drops to do what they are supposed to in 8th, bring BS2+ firepower, also unit of of 4 marker drones, bad idea

Why is a bad idea?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Nov 12 2017 03:40

Kerrygan wrote:
Beerson wrote:at that point I'd rather use my stealth team for that allowing my HQ drops to do what they are supposed to in 8th, bring BS2+ firepower, also unit of of 4 marker drones, bad idea

Why is a bad idea?

Maybe they mean that the unit is easy to kill?

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Nov 12 2017 04:28

Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:

Why is a bad idea?

Because for the same cost you can get 5 Pathfinders that don't need a nearby expensive character to hit on 4+

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Nov 12 2017 05:14

Nymphomanius wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:Why is a bad idea?

Because for the same cost you can get 5 Pathfinders that don't need a nearby expensive character to hit on 4+

both, you either take pathfinders that are cheaper and more effective, or put the ML in mixed drone squads that have shield drones, because when you pay extra for putting ML on drones, it's because of the survivability from shield drones

Return to “General Discussion”