new person drone question

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Callumibob
Shas

new person drone question

Post#1 » Nov 17 2017 04:03

Ok so still fairly new to the hobby,

1, can drones leave units and wander off or join other units I.e. a grab inhibitor drone leaving pathfinders and joining strike team?

2. If I have 6 gun drones attached to a crisis team and the suits advance, do I roll a separate dice for the drones or do they all advance together off the suits advance roll?

Appreciate any help :biggrin:

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: new person drone question

Post#2 » Nov 17 2017 04:22

Callumibob wrote:Ok so still fairly new to the hobby,

1, can drones leave units and wander off or join other units I.e. a grab inhibitor drone leaving pathfinders and joining strike team?

2. If I have 6 gun drones attached to a crisis team and the suits advance, do I roll a separate dice for the drones or do they all advance together off the suits advance roll?

Appreciate any help :biggrin:

Drones don't "can" leave units. After deployment Drones are automatically their own unit.
For example if you buy 2 Shield Drones and a Grav Inhibitor Drone and a Recon Drone for your Pathfinder, you deploy them together with your Pathfinder unit and from then on you'll have one Pathfinder unit and one unit of mixed Drones.

As above, they form their own unit after deploying them (if you put them in reserves, both arrive as one unit and seperate afterwards).
So yes you roll seperate dice for the Drones and the Crisis since they are two completely individual units at that point.

Callumibob
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 17 2017 04:40

Cheers! You seem to be a real fountain of knowledge, so it can be a bit of a risk advancing suits and drones up the board? You could loose yours saviour protocols

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 17 2017 04:50

Callumibob wrote:Cheers! You seem to be a real fountain of knowledge, so it can be a bit of a risk advancing suits and drones up the board? You could loose yours saviour protocols

Yes, but not very likely since the range on savior protocol is 3". It's easy to eliminate that risk by moving the drones first, leave 1 just within unit cohesion ( 2" from another model in that unit) to the rear on the drone unit. Even if you get a 6 with the drones and a 1 with the suits, the unit of drones will still be close enough to jump in front of that lascannon!

Callumibob
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 17 2017 04:55

Cheers! :biggrin:

Return to “General Discussion”