new battleforce sets

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Callumibob
Shas

new battleforce sets

Post#1 » Nov 21 2017 04:12

so a few days back warhammer community revealed the batteforce sets in time for Christmas, the Tau box contains;
1 commander
1 crisis team
1 ghostkeel
2 stealth teams

I've seen a bit of speculation on the price and the general consensus is around £100 (remember this is speculation). what does everybody think of the box? im not convinced at the moment. the ghostkeel has never really appealed to me. -2 to hit is good but that's at 12" and up with a range of 18" on its weapons it seams a bit risky. IF it comes out at £100 in my mind it would make more sense to get a get started kit a commander and a stealth team. what does everyone else think about the box? am i misjudging the value of the ghostkeel? will you lot be picking one up?

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: new battleforce sets

Post#2 » Nov 21 2017 06:57

Well, buying those separate would cost you £152 so even if you threw the ghostkeel in the bin you'd be saving £7. Of course you have the choice of keeping it (doesn't really do much except die quickly in my games, but it's a nice model if you haven’t got one) or selling it off (you could get £30+ for it fairly easily, reducing the cost of the overall bundle to £70).

And remember there's Chapter Approved coming which could drop its points making it more worth taking

szeszej
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 22 2017 02:12

My local store has the battleforces for PLN420 (~£88) and I think the Tau one is a great deal, not sure about the others. If I didn't have enough models, I'd certainly buy it.

Callumibob
Shas

Post#4 » Nov 22 2017 06:52

Hmmm I think £80 would sway me

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Nov 22 2017 09:25

Callumibob wrote:Hmmm I think £80 would sway me

Wayland Games usually applies a 20% discount. Last year Battleforces sold out immediately, though...

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 22 2017 10:28

I'm actually super excited for this box since I want more of literally everything in the box, even the drones though I have a hundred of them. Ghostkeel is a cool looking model and is SOOO close to being good that I feel like either CA or the dex will push it into competitive, or so I hope. I have old versions of stealths, crisis, and commanders so getting the newer versions would be amazing.

Hungry_Bert
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Nov 22 2017 06:10

I'd be really happy to buy the box, but i already have 20 odd stealth suits after an ebay accident, I really don't need another 6!

Kruso
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Nov 22 2017 08:44

I'd get it if I didn't have three Ghostkeels and a ton of Stealth Suits already. In fact I just found three more Stealth Suits in one of my second hand hauls. Stealth Suits are extremely useful in this edition because of their infiltration, but too much is too much.

I bought the last years battleforce box from Element Games. It was the last one if their stock numbers don't lie.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the approaching Chapter Approved. I might be expecting too much from it, but I'm hopeful it will do us some good.
-Heresy grows from idleness-

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Nov 22 2017 09:14

I want everything in the box as well.
What is the website link so I can gawk at it

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Nov 23 2017 01:40

Lostroninsoul wrote:I want everything in the box as well.

I will be on Pre-order from next Saturday, IIRC.

Callumibob
Shas

Post#11 » Nov 23 2017 07:57

Lostroninsoul wrote:I want everything in the box as well.

It's one of the recent articles on warhammer community website

Return to “General Discussion”