Chapter Approved Leaks Discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Re: Chapter Approved Leaks Discussion

Post#127 » Dec 08 2017 07:20

StealthKnightSteg wrote:What I missed in the CA book was a point to confine the HQ spam a little...
I was really hoping on an extra rule for the Supreme Command Detachment. Something like that you can only employ this detachment if you have 3 of the following detachments in any combination already in your army (Patrol, Battalion, Brigade, Vanguard, Spearhead and Outrider)
That way it would be a more thematic solution.

So you can't use SCD in tournaments where detachment is limited to 3 I get what you're saying but I think this is more a T'au issue than any other army, maybe tyranids but most armies I've seen if they use SCD are only using 1 especially in 1500pts and that area

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#128 » Dec 08 2017 07:33

Nymphomanius wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:What I missed in the CA book was a point to confine the HQ spam a little...
I was really hoping on an extra rule for the Supreme Command Detachment. Something like that you can only employ this detachment if you have 3 of the following detachments in any combination already in your army (Patrol, Battalion, Brigade, Vanguard, Spearhead and Outrider)
That way it would be a more thematic solution.

So you can't use SCD in tournaments where detachment is limited to 3 I get what you're saying but I think this is more a T'au issue than any other army, maybe tyranids but most armies I've seen if they use SCD are only using 1 especially in 1500pts and that area

Unfortunatly I have seen armylists almost exclusivly employ this added with maybe a patrol detachment for some non character bodies on the table to take use of the character rule. HQ spam to make use of all the buffing power or individual powers while they cannot be targetted is borderline OP in some situations.

I think together with above mentioned rule I would add a maximum of 1 SCD per army.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#129 » Dec 08 2017 08:14

StealthKnightSteg wrote:Unfortunatly I have seen armylists almost exclusivly employ this added with maybe a patrol detachment for some non character bodies on the table to take use of the character rule. HQ spam to make use of all the buffing power or individual powers while they cannot be targetted is borderline OP in some situations.

I think together with above mentioned rule I would add a maximum of 1 SCD per army.

I'm not familiar with these lists but I've heard similar complaints (armies with too many HQs) on other sites. Any factions in particular that you've noticed have good HQ-spam builds?

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#130 » Dec 08 2017 08:22

Arka0415 wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:Unfortunatly I have seen armylists almost exclusivly employ this added with maybe a patrol detachment for some non character bodies on the table to take use of the character rule. HQ spam to make use of all the buffing power or individual powers while they cannot be targetted is borderline OP in some situations.

I'm not familiar with these lists but I've heard similar complaints (armies with too many HQs) on other sites. Any factions in particular that you've noticed have good HQ-spam builds?

Astra Militarum with all the buffing characters
Girlyman, bannerdude and some more of those overlapping buff characters
and
T'au with 5+ Commanders

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#131 » Dec 08 2017 09:15

StealthKnightSteg wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:

Astra Militarum with all the buffing characters
Girlyman, bannerdude and some more of those overlapping buff characters
and
T'au with 5+ Commanders

Right but you can do both those in 1 SCD you would have to put rowrowrowyourboat gentlydownthestreamlyman in a super heavy auxiliary to keep regiment bonuses, but you can get 9 HQ between 1 SMC and 2 vanguard / outrider / spearhead anyway so again even limiting SMC to 1 wouldn't change that much.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#132 » Dec 08 2017 09:59

Chaos were doing it before they got a few things nerfed I heard. Probably still will.

Return to “General Discussion”