Chapter Approved Leaks Discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Chapter Approved Leaks Discussion

Post#73 » Nov 26 2017 08:54

Well, other codcies getting toned down would only really help us if our issues were limited to external balance.
Unfortunately, our index internal balance is also poor.

The codex can't come soon enough.

My only saving grace with both my codcies being far, is that later codcies seems to be better written. (though God save TS if thier CA content reflects on the future of the codex...)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#74 » Nov 26 2017 11:43

Nymphomanius wrote:
Bloodknife92 wrote:
As for the Warlord Traits, I would definitely be putting the Kau'yon one on my Ethereal toward the back with my Pathfinders and Broadsides, or on my Cadre Fireblade with my blob of Fire Warriors, allowing me to still use Master of War: Kau'yon with my Commander while he's somewhere else. This also allows me to reliably Manta Strike my Commander and Crisis suits without feeling like I'm putting a huge hindrance on my back line.

I think you misunderstood what the Warlord trait does, master of kauyon only allows the Warlord to reroll hits if he doesn't move not units within 6" so putting it on an ethereal is pointless.

Otherwise I'd put it on a missile Commander and 3 XV8 with missile pods too lol :biggrin:

Oh you're right. Those warlord traits are pretty much useless.....
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Nov 27 2017 12:28

Bloodknife92 wrote:Oh you're right. Those warlord traits are pretty much useless.....

Sadly, yeah. There are a few niche uses though- Longstrike or a Coldstar can make good use of Exemplar of Mont'ka, for example. For me, I'll be sticking to the 6+ FNP or the +1 LD trait from the core rulebook though.

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#76 » Nov 27 2017 01:56

Can I discuss the non- point leaks here too? I don't own one, but I am starting to take a more serious look at the xv84 commander suit for taking advantage of the markerlight strategem. The mandatory target lock would allow the xv84 to advance and fire without penalty, and potentially allow all your other commanders to advance and fire without penalty. It would be a fairly mobile deathstar that does not have to take marker drones to get deepstriking markerlight support. Thoughts? Ideas?

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#77 » Nov 27 2017 02:03

Not sure what deathstar has to do with things, the XV84 should be the ultimate chicken.

Never engage, keep out of trouble and hidden in your ranks and be annoying with random missile hits followed by a marker overload.

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#78 » Nov 27 2017 03:14

boomwolf wrote:Not sure what deathstar has to do with things, the XV84 should be the ultimate chicken.

Never engage, keep out of trouble and hidden in your ranks and be annoying with random missile hits followed by a marker overload.

Oh sorry I guess deathstar is the wrong term. I was using it to describe a ball of 5+ normal commanders with an xv84 splashed in. Similar to a farsight bomb, but it replaces farsight with the xv84 since he is no longer needed to remove scatter.

Grogalmighty
Shas'Saal

Post#79 » Nov 27 2017 11:14

You should all consider selling your armies.

No. Really. Word is Tau are getting squatted. Been talking to GW staff at several local stores. Evidently it is a combo of trying to remove the competition for the "good guys" since primaris Marines came out and about half the mini line doesn't sell (kroot).

The meta has also been moving towards this for a while and the plot has also basically rendered them impotent as a force. Notice how the Tau are in between a hive fleet and a necron Dynasty?

Sorry folks, but we are on the way out.

Kunas Ka
Shas'Saal

Post#80 » Nov 27 2017 12:07

No. Really. Word is Tau are getting squatted. Been talking to GW staff at several local stores. Evidently it is a combo of trying to remove the competition for the "good guys" since primaris Marines came out and about half the mini line doesn't sell (kroot).

While I do not believe we are being squatted and I also do not believe we should sell our armies, I do think Tau players should considering freezing any purchases, including Chapter Approved until we see a change. 40K isn't my only hobby but it is certainly the one with the worst balance.

Until GW balances our points or actually indicates there is a codex on the way we should vote with our wallets. All this talk about codex indication is all speculation, we have no actual hard evidence that there is a codex on the way, GW could actually think that we are balanced. Show them we care.

Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#81 » Nov 27 2017 12:20

Grogalmighty wrote:You should all consider selling your armies.

The meta has also been moving towards this for a while and the plot has also basically rendered them impotent as a force. Notice how the Tau are in between a hive fleet and a necron Dynasty?

The kroot may not sell well but in general I have heard that Tau are one of the more popular non imperial army. While Tau remain profitable GW will continue to make them. Every army will have their units that don't sell as well. If anything it would be a removal of the kroot not the entire Tau line. Further would it not be better to rework the Tau to something a bit more alluring to other players rather then scrap an entire range of models if the Tau didn't sell well? That's a lot of tooling and development time on models.

Tau have always been impotent as a force when considering the galaxy as a whole and we were always big fish for a small pond. In the eye of terror campaign Tau were so irrelevant we fought to secure our 3rd(?) sphere expansion and didn't affect the outcome of that major conflict. The threat of the Tau is what they could become not what they are. One or two major defeats would always have doomed the Tau when you consider the forces they are up against. Our superior technology and plot armor of profitability ensure those major defeats never occur. If ever they did 50k we could be a massive player across the galaxy lol but not in 40k.
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#82 » Nov 27 2017 12:24

Thanks, but no thanks. First off, Kroot are is no way "half the mini line". There are 4 Kroot and 1 Vespid sets on the online store. There are 31 total model sets on the store for T'au that are not kroot or vespid. Auxiliaries make up roughly 14% of the model line. So whoever told you that part is not really thinking this through.

Secondly: Necron Dynastys are everywhere. So what? T''au have also fought Tyranids before and won. In fact, no major faction has been destroyed by another major faction and written completely out. Squats were just.... forgotten.

Thirdly: Forge World just released an updated sculpt for a very large model. (Tigershark). I doubt they would go to that effort for an army that was about to be written out. Forge World and Game Workshop might not coordinate on everything, but pretty sure they would do that.

Fourthly: As to the meta.... My understanding was that T'au were a dominant presence in the tournament scene all through 6th and 7th edition, and did fairly well at driving large model sales. Doesn't sound like a meta that is "on the way out".

If I were you, I would take a breath and enjoy your game until we see what the Codex does.

Grogalmighty
Shas'Saal

Post#83 » Nov 27 2017 12:43

Hey bro I am just saying how it is.

Also, don't use forgeworld as a barometer, what they make is entirely up to the director of that studio and he is the only Tau fan at GW.

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#84 » Nov 27 2017 12:51

Kunas Ka wrote:

While I do not believe we are being squatted and I also do not believe we should sell our armies, I do think Tau players should considering freezing any purchases, including Chapter Approved until we see a change. 40K isn't my only hobby but it is certainly the one with the worst balance.

Until GW balances our points or actually indicates there is a codex on the way we should vote with our wallets. All this talk about codex indication is all speculation, we have no actual hard evidence that there is a codex on the way, GW could actually think that we are balanced. Show them we care.

Thank you for rationally and calmly putting into words what most of us are internally screaming. My biggest worry for our faction is all the "no its not that bad stop whining the codex will fix it" talk is signalling to GW a sense of satisfaction, when really we are all pretty desperate to get non-Commander lists viability back. My hope is that it really just a bad case of "if it was so bad why didn't you guys say anything?"

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#85 » Nov 27 2017 01:13

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#86 » Nov 27 2017 01:32

I can't believe what I'm reading here, LOL :D :D :D :D

Do you know Grogalmighty that there is also a non competitive scene of Warhammer? T'au don't do well on tournaments? I (and I'm sure tons of us) can't care less about it. This is a game and is supposed to be fun. Whining and crying about that our army is bad is so childish and really don't help at all.

I absolutely enjoy every single battle I play because I want to have fun, I don't want 100% to win. I also use a Riptide. Yes, a Riptide. The worst and most expensive unit and our most cool unit! It's not points efficient! Who cares, it's the most kickass unit we have! Btw right now I win almost every battle I fight against armies that already have Codices and uses stratagems. I just need to figure out how to beat Tyranids.

Sell our models? Lol. We have the most beautiful and cool army in the whole game and you tell us to sell it? Just do us a favor. Sell your army and stop complaining. Thanks.

leo1925
Shas

Post#87 » Nov 27 2017 01:43

Studioworks wrote:I absolutely enjoy every single battle I play because I want to have fun, I don't want 100% to win. I also use a Riptide. Yes, a Riptide. The worst and most expensive unit and our most cool unit! It's not points efficient! Who cares, it's the most kickass unit we have! Btw right now I win almost every battle I fight against armies that already have Codices and uses stratagems. I just need to figure out how to beat Tyranids.

Well to be fair i only enjoyed one battle playing Tau (a yvara and gun drones list), in every other battle i left with a headache (even the ones i won).

Grogalmighty
Shas'Saal

Post#88 » Nov 27 2017 01:48

Perhaps we are coming at this from different perspectives. I can see two.

First, I like my army to win now and then. I don't get fun from being curbstomped. It makes me feel bad for the work I put into painting them and the time I put into making them look great. I want to have a chance. We don't have one now. In fact, we are being kicked out.

Second....I told you this is what I heard.

leo1925
Shas

Post#89 » Nov 27 2017 01:54

Grogalmighty wrote:Perhaps we are coming at this from different perspectives. I can see two.

First, I like my army to win now and then. I don't get fun from being curbstomped. It makes me feel bad for the work I put into painting them and the time I put into making them look great. I want to have a chance. We don't have one now. In fact, we are being kicked out.

Tau aren't kicked out, don't be such a pessimist. The Tau becoming a low tier (like orks were in 7th) is a remote possibility but no, i don't believe that they are going to scrap a major faction.

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#90 » Nov 27 2017 02:15

Grogalmighty wrote:Perhaps we are coming at this from different perspectives. I can see two.

1. Maybe you just aren't good at playing? If noone had one a single game with 8th ed T'au I'd agree but I won a game vs alpha Legion with only 2 commanders and 2 drones in 1000 points and I'm not great

2. Source of information saying T'au are being scrapped?

Return to “General Discussion”