GW Live Stream: Markerlight Strategem

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
namegiver
Shas

Re: GW Live Stream: Markerlight Strategem

Post#19 » Nov 26 2017 11:51

I used the strategem in a couple of games vs. Space Wolves today and it is fantastic -- lead directly to the deletion of a Land Raider and a couple of Space Marine units. I took the Puretide Engram relic as well, but of course completely forgot about it during play. As you do. Anyways, I'm *really* looking forward to seeing the codex after this quick taste.

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Nov 27 2017 07:34

Do you have to use the stratagem directly after a markerlight hit? Since you roll for each hit individually. If you commit, say, 5 pathfinders to light up a target. Hit with 3 and the last roll was a failure, could you still use the stratagem?

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Nov 27 2017 09:19

ErSe0831 wrote:Do you have to use the stratagem directly after a markerlight hit? Since you roll for each hit individually. If you commit, say, 5 pathfinders to light up a target. Hit with 3 and the last roll was a failure, could you still use the stratagem?

If you roll it 1 at a time I'd say it's a bit if a grey area,if you roll all 5 at once and decided then I'd say that's fine.

armisael
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Nov 27 2017 10:28

Nymphomanius wrote:
ErSe0831 wrote:Do you have to use the stratagem directly after a markerlight hit? Since you roll for each hit individually. If you commit, say, 5 pathfinders to light up a target. Hit with 3 and the last roll was a failure, could you still use the stratagem?

If you roll it 1 at a time I'd say it's a bit if a grey area,if you roll all 5 at once and decided then I'd say that's fine.

The game was designed to roll each hit separately.

So, in my opinion if you decide to use this stratagem on the last markerlight but you fail to hit then you can’t use this stratagem.

Atlas_MH
Shas

Post#23 » Nov 27 2017 10:39

Would this be a Stratagem that would be best used off an HQ like Fireblade?
Given the 2+ to hit it seems like this is most efficient when used before Drones, Pathfinders, or the rest of the 4+ models.

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Nov 27 2017 10:46

Atlas_MH wrote:Would this be a Stratagem that would be best used off an HQ like Fireblade?
Given the 2+ to hit it seems like this is most efficient when used before Drones, Pathfinders, or the rest of the 4+ models.

That's my plan for when I first try it - it seems to make a bit more sense I think.

That way, you can split your Pathfinder squad's fire a little more, as you'll only need roughly another 2 hits to get us that 5ML sweetspot.
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Orion7
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Nov 27 2017 11:16

Does anyone have any idea how this will work with high intensity markerlights? Because those give you three ML right off the bat, dropping down to 1+D3 ML would be a very bad deal.

Do you reckon you can just take 3+d3?

Blinx
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Nov 27 2017 11:59

Orion7 wrote:Does anyone have any idea how this will work with high intensity markerlights? Because those give you three ML right off the bat, dropping down to 1+D3 ML would be a very bad deal.

Do you reckon you can just take 3+d3?

My initial thought would be because their not 'Markerlights' this stratagem can't be used with them.

Return to “General Discussion”