Frontline Gaming - Chapter Approved - Review Discussion

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Haechi
Shas'Saal

Re: Frontline Gaming - Chapter Approved - Review Discussion

Post#37 » Nov 29 2017 06:36

Longstrike is still only D6 (maybe +D3) damage a turn. It's really nothing to be happy about.

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#38 » Nov 29 2017 06:52

But he can also hit hard to hit well, and has cool tricks. Smart missles and 'tank ace' works well together. And if he uses overwatch/greater good with Exemplar of Kauyon buff using a drone layout, he can get buffed by fireblade cadre and get 4 extra shots in <9" range with rerolling all failed hits.

Is there other cool less intuitive synergies our units have with the CA?

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Nov 29 2017 11:56

AnonAmbientLight wrote:Aside from that, it's never worth it to compare and contrast codexies as it is apples to oranges.

I believe it was puretide who said "comparing apples to apples will yield you the better apple...but only by comparing apples to oranges can you determine the better fruit!"
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Nov 29 2017 12:35

Speaking of the late puretide and the CA review. What unit would be best to take the pure tide chip relic? It probably should be a unit that is most likely to survive to maximise getting cp point generation opportunities. I think firesight marksman is one of the better options.i ts cheap and can hide in the middle of your army with the character rule.
Coldstar commander is another decent option since he can get from point A to point B if you want to use the relics reroll that bad in your army. Having a shield generator can also keep him alive better

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#41 » Nov 29 2017 01:29

CDR_Farsight wrote:
AnonAmbientLight wrote:Aside from that, it's never worth it to compare and contrast codexies as it is apples to oranges.

I believe it was puretide who said "comparing apples to apples will yield you the better apple...but only by comparing apples to oranges can you determine the better fruit!"

Dude, that is the greatest statement ever.

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Nov 29 2017 02:46

QimRas wrote:
CDR_Farsight wrote:

Dude, that is the greatest statement ever.

Yeah....Puretide was a smart dude.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#43 » Nov 29 2017 03:44

Maybe a new thread should be created to talk about Puretide's quotes?

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Post#44 » Nov 30 2017 09:15

Lostroninsoul wrote:Maybe a new thread should be created to talk about Puretide's quotes?

Can I call you “Lost Ron In Soul”?

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Nov 30 2017 10:31

Maxwell wrote:
Lostroninsoul wrote:Maybe a new thread should be created to talk about Puretide's quotes?

Can I call you “Lost Ron In Soul”?

You can call me what ever you like. But if you aren't on topic I will point it out. Personalized comments like that aren't on topic. I'm just trying to follow the forums rules, but if you choose not to, that is your choice.

Attempting to bring the conversation back to the OP: what model will you be putting the pure tide chip on?

Return to “General Discussion”