Can i make a personal topic of my army?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Can i make a personal topic of my army?

Post#1 » Dec 20 2017 07:19

Well, i have a LOT of army of Tau (All old ministures), some painted others no, so i would like upload all pictures of all miniatures in a Topic, but i don't know if is possible in the rules of this forum.

If is possible where i should post the Topic?

How many is the limit the Characters peer post?

Thanks

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Can i make a personal topic of my army?

Post#2 » Dec 20 2017 08:06

For future reference, if you have questions like these you should feel free to PM any of the ATT moderators - we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

To answer your questions, yes you are more than welcome to create a thread for your Tau army - we encourage it in fact. The appropriate sub-forum would be either the Common Workbench or the Project Logs. Do note however that like all sections of the forum the ATT rules and guidelines are still in full effect on these sub-forums.

There is no character limit on ATT. There is however a limit of 25 images if you wish to upload your images directly to the site. If you want to post more pictures, you'll have to link to them from somewhere off-site. Photobucket used to be the default recommendation, but after their recent policy change this is no longer feasible for many. A quick search should bring up a list of alternative image hosting sites.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 20 2017 08:11

Kakapo42 wrote:For future reference, if you have questions like these you should feel free to PM any of the ATT moderators - we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

To answer your questions, yes you are more than welcome to create a thread for your Tau army - we encourage it in fact. The appropriate sub-forum would be either the Common Workbench or the Project Logs. Do note however that like all sections of the forum the ATT rules and guidelines are still in full effect on these sub-forums.

There is no character limit on ATT. There is however a limit of 25 images if you wish to upload your images directly to the site. If you want to post more pictures, you'll have to link to them from somewhere off-site. Photobucket used to be the default recommendation, but after their recent policy change this is no longer feasible for many. A quick search should bring up a list of alternative image hosting sites.

Thanks a lot for your answer! Then i will start work on it this weekend. Any suggestion about how to photo the miniatures? (i don't search yer on forum about photo, i will search now anyway) i learn flash is the worse thing so always i try yo use other lights

Best Regards

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Dec 20 2017 08:16

bl4ckc00k1e wrote:Thanks a lot for your answer! Then i will start work on it this weekend. Any suggestion about how to photo the miniatures? (i don't search yer on forum about photo, i will search now anyway) i learn flash is the worse thing so always i try yo use other lights

Take the pictures with a white background, and light from a few different angles. You can take good pictures that way. Then, upload them to https://imgur.com/ to easily link them to ATT.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 21 2017 04:01

GW has a great explanation on how to take miniature pictures

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... r-display/

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Dec 21 2017 04:13

StealthKnightSteg wrote:GW has a great explanation on how to take miniature pictures

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... r-display/

NIce Tutorial, thanks

Return to “General Discussion”