gw webstore

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
darkduck
Shas

gw webstore

Post#1 » Dec 27 2017 06:21

I just noticed that the Fire warriors on the webstore is no longer available, im starting to think that we might get some goodie over new years eve. if we are getting some new units im gonna be exited as a tau with a new tech toy :)

Shas'la Cali Nate
Shas'Saal

Re: gw webstore

Post#2 » Dec 27 2017 07:07

I just looked and they're showing up for me, both in the strike team and breacher varieties.

Maybe you forgot to click "view all" or just scrolled to quick?

Dut'ch
Shas

Post#3 » Dec 27 2017 07:25

A lot of stock across the 40k range is being repackaged to bring it in line with 8th edition. So I wouldn't get too excited... :neutral:

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Dec 27 2017 09:00

I doubt that the Firewarrior box will change much if at all. They probably sold out of their current boxes to make way for new boxes (with updated rules) in them.

This might also tie in to the new codex as well which we will hopefully see in January or February.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 28 2017 07:28

I'm still waiting for knarlocs big and small to reappear on their FW site...

FAQ awhile back said there would be new rules for them. Presumably when the codex drops?

darkduck
Shas

Post#6 » Dec 28 2017 10:24

Well they are showing as no longer available and Sold out online for me atleast, i just checked. well i wouldnt mind hearing some news about the codex but im still crossing my fingers for that to come early next year :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Dec 28 2017 08:09

Fire Warriors will be back in stock shortly, they're just temporarily out-of-stock. If it's urgent check other hobby wargaming retailers in your country.

K'Pokk wrote:I'm still waiting for knarlocs big and small to reappear on their FW site...

FAQ awhile back said there would be new rules for them. Presumably when the codex drops?

Didn't FW officially discontinue the Knarloc range though? I guess they're getting new rules, but I don't see the models coming back.

Impulse
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Dec 29 2017 12:31

This is nothing.

A few months back, Sisters of the Thorn were in a similar state on the GW webstore, so I snatched up the last box from my LGS.

Within a few weeks, they were back in stock online and IRL, with new AoS packaging and a price hike.

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Dec 30 2017 04:33

Arka0415 wrote:Fire Warriors will be back in stock shortly, they're just temporarily out-of-stock. If it's urgent check other hobby wargaming retailers in your country.

Looking at the UK webstore, the Sunshark/Razorshark is "Temporarily out of stock Online", while the two Fire Warriors boxes are "No longer available".
My guess is that whoever is in charge of managing the webstore accidentally marked them as discontinued items and not just temporarily out of stock.

Anyway, I guess we will see soon enough. ;)

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Dec 30 2017 09:29

New Fire warrior models are very unlikely as they were allready updated and unless we get new type of fire warriors there is not much to change about them (though I would love more options, especially more shas'ui bits as you would usually build two squads with the 10 man box)

What I expect instead is either updated kroot models (if they become viable in codex) or new nicassar models, though I am wishing for updated hammerhead or stealth models, maybe even new suits like FW's xv9's or nonstealth xv25 variants with plasma rifles for "heavy infantry" (simalarily to SM termies)

Return to “General Discussion”