XV8-05 finecast is Shas'O Arra'Kon from farsight?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

XV8-05 finecast is Shas'O Arra'Kon from farsight?

Post#1 » Jan 04 2018 07:05

Hi all

In the description of Arra'kon put that use XV8-05 Battlesuit, the same of model finecast... And if you look the weapons, are exactly the same... so i supuse this model is a character of Farsight enclaves, is correct?

Arra'Kon:

Finecast:

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: XV8-05 finecast is Shas'O Arra'Kon from farsight?

Post#2 » Jan 04 2018 07:36

I wouldn't think so myself. The official media for the resin (and better looking, IMHO) XV8-05 always described it as a generic commander model, with no mention whatsoever to any named character. It's also telling that as far as I can tell the only official studio photos for the model were taken in the 6th edition T'au desert camouflage scheme, while a Farsight Enclaves colour scheme would be more fitting if it was indeed meant to be an Enclave character. The reason for those weapons in the resin kit was to provide sculpts for special issue weapons that would otherwise be unavailable, with the special plasma rifle as a little extra bonus.

Indeed, my guess would be the opposite - after the resin XV8-05 model was made, one of the studio writers decided to incorporate it into the background around Farsight's entourage, and created the character to fit the model rather than the other way around.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 04 2018 07:47

Well i bought one to make it 1 of the 8 (i whait see this in new codex..). I will imanted but... sure that will be 1 of the 8... have exactly the same weapons in resine.... so maybe this commander is "updated" to Arra'kon... But sure that i will paint like this:

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 04 2018 01:05

The XV8-05 was the original "Enforcer" suit and predated the modern XV85 Enforcer battlesuit. It's an older suit, but should still be around.

Return to “General Discussion”