XV25 Support systems (new player)

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Darthi
Shas

XV25 Support systems (new player)

Post#1 » Jan 12 2018 01:17

As you Can see I am a new player. So I wanted to ask what support systems would be the best for the stealth suits?

(sorry for my grammar a native german here)

Impulse
Shas'Saal

Re: XV25 Support systems (new player)

Post#2 » Jan 12 2018 01:27

Willkommen! Wie gehts?

This resource for new players talks about Stealth Suits a bit:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=26153

There's a new thread about Stealth Suit durability:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27106

ATS and Drone Controller are the most popular from what I've seen.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jan 12 2018 03:50

Impulse wrote:ATS and Drone Controller are the most popular from what I've seen.

Yup! By and large the best system is nothing, since Stealthsuits already cost too much given their firepower output. If you really need to increase their firepower though, ATS is good, and Drone Controllers are always useful. Past that, Shield Generators can come in handy somewhat, otherwise nothing else is very effective.

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 12 2018 04:26

Hey there! Welcome, Darthi!

In my experience, I tend not to put expensive systems on my stealth suits, not if those systems are force multipliers (ATS, Target-lock), given their poor fire output and their already expensive price. Drone controller is perfect, given the Stealth suits' durability, and the more tactical role they have to have in my opinion.

Lately, though, if I have 2-4 points to spare in my list, I give my Fusion Blaster Shas'vre a Multitracker or a Velocity traker, just as a random upgrade that can come in handy in some games. But again, this is only if I don't have another clear place to spend those points; otherwise they just go naked with homing beacon and Drone controller.

Darthi
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 12 2018 07:12

Thanks for the anwsers :biggrin: The most time we play with power level so The points are not important

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Jan 12 2018 07:35

Darthi wrote:Thanks for the anwsers :biggrin: The most time we play with power level so The points are not important

If you play PL, then ATS all the way. S5/AP-1 works quite well.

Darthi
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 12 2018 08:02

Arka0415 wrote:
Darthi wrote:Thanks for the anwsers :biggrin: The most time we play with power level so The points are not important

Ok Thanks for The advice
:smile:

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 12 2018 08:03

Arka0415 wrote:

Agree with that, put some AP-1 all around, you will be paying for them anyway in PL!

Return to “General Discussion”