Riptide support systems (new player)

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#19 » Jan 13 2018 04:03

Darthi wrote:And we love to experiment a Little Bit that is why I am gonna buy me The New custodes for my tau army.

Custodes and Tau in the same army huh? Now that's some open gaming! :D

Darthi
Shas

Post#20 » Jan 13 2018 04:21

Arka0415 wrote:
Darthi wrote:And we love to experiment a Little Bit that is why I am gonna buy me The New custodes for my tau army.

Custodes and Tau in the same army huh? Now that's some open gaming! :D

I know we even have one who wants to buy striking scorpions for his necrons :biggrin:

DancinHobo
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jan 13 2018 12:00

I have 3 Riptides. Got my 3rd at the end of 7th. I’ve played 1 game with two of them, and despite the poor turn 1( had Keyon active but rolled oh so poor, and 5 markerlights) both Riptides did great.

Darthi
Shas

Post#22 » Jan 14 2018 04:44

Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Jan 14 2018 06:23

Darthi wrote:Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

So you didn't use a Target Lock? Did you always use Markerlights?

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#24 » Jan 14 2018 07:35

Great attitudes here.

While this is "Advanced Tau Tactica" and we should expect some fine honing of available units, there are quite a number of non-gamers, armchair generals, math hobbyists and guys like me who used to play but can't anymore. There is nothing wrong with any of it.

Cheers guys.

Darthi
Shas

Post#25 » Jan 15 2018 12:32

Arka0415 wrote:
Darthi wrote:Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

So you didn't use a Target Lock? Did you always use Markerlights?

Forgot to nentiin that

Zadocfish
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Jan 15 2018 02:58

If you want to dish out max damage, go for Ion Accelerator, 2 Fusion Blasters, and give it a Target Lock and a Multi-Tracker. Nova Charging may not be a GREAT mechanic, sure, but if you go first or it's above half health on your first turn, that D6 shots at 3 damage each is pretty rad.

Why the Multi-Tracker, you ask? Simple: So it can do its own thing, without needing to rely on Markerlights. That can actually help out quite a bit.

Honestly, I love how the Riptide looks; it's way cooler than the statistically-better Ghostkeel.
I am a Christian.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Jan 16 2018 01:24

Beerson wrote:IMO the best use for riptide rn is proxying Y'vahra
Hopefully it will be better once the codex drops, as I am fond of mecha tau, and riptide and its variants are the coolest suits we have, along with ghostkeel and for me the coolest models in our army

Was gonna say this ^
All I ever do with my riptide is call it a Y'vahra. Playing a riptide with my ultra-competitive friends is a big no-no.

Darthi
Shas

Post#28 » Jan 16 2018 01:49

Temennigru wrote:
Hopefully it will be better once the codex drops, as I am fond of mecha tau, and riptide and its variants are the coolest suits we have, along with ghostkeel and for me the coolest models in our army

Was gonna say this ^
All I ever do with my riptide is call it a Y'vahra. Playing a riptide with my ultra-competitive friends is a big no-no.

The Problem is my Friends do not like me proxying. (because they think that Tau Are op. Well I must say that i won nearly all my Games within This three months besides The 2 against TS) :D

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Jan 16 2018 02:40

Darthi wrote:
Temennigru wrote:

Was gonna say this ^

The Problem is my Friends do not like me proxying. (because they think that Tau Are op. Well I must say that i won nearly all my Games within This three months besides The 2 against TS) :D

Easy fix to that, show em your index, if they still think tau are OP, be greatful that they are so bad at the game :)

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Jan 16 2018 02:46

Beerson wrote:
Darthi wrote:
Temennigru wrote:Was gonna say this ^

Easy fix to that, show em your index, if they still think tau are OP, be greatful that they are so bad at the game :)

I just told my friends to swap armies. They never again thought the tau were OP.

Darthi
Shas

Post#31 » Jan 16 2018 03:58

Temennigru wrote:
Beerson wrote:
Darthi wrote:The Problem is my Friends do not like me proxying. (because they think that Tau Are op. Well I must say that i won nearly all my Games within This three months besides The 2 against TS) :D

I just told my friends to swap armies. They never again thought the tau were OP.

I told them The same thing. Well my Death guard player did not Attack me in assault. Well to be honest he did not even move 1". I try to convince them. (just as I convinced them that i could use the custodes jetbikes in my army (Because I love jetbikes))

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Jan 16 2018 05:33

Darthi wrote:
Temennigru wrote:
Beerson wrote:Easy fix to that, show em your index, if they still think tau are OP, be greatful that they are so bad at the game :)

I told them The same thing. Well my Death guard player did not Attack me in assault. Well to be honest he did not even move 1". I try to convince them. (just as I convinced them that i could use the custodes jetbikes in my army (Because I love jetbikes))

Speaking of jetbikes, I'm pretty sure wargameexclusive sells tau jetbikes. I never understood what they were for.

Darthi
Shas

Post#33 » Jan 17 2018 12:32

Temennigru wrote:
Darthi wrote:
Temennigru wrote:I just told my friends to swap armies. They never again thought the tau were OP.

Speaking of jetbikes, I'm pretty sure wargameexclusive sells tau jetbikes. I never understood what they were for.

Same here. Would like to know that.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#34 » Jan 17 2018 02:55

Darthi wrote:Same here. Would like to know that.

Maybe you could imagine they're similar to XV8s? Otherwise I guess not all of their models have exact GW equivalents.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#35 » Jan 17 2018 03:37

Arka0415 wrote:

Maybe you could imagine they're similar to XV8s? Otherwise I guess not all of their models have exact GW equivalents.

I would imagine they are supposed to proxy jetbikes from other armies when we are playing with ally detachments.

Darthi
Shas

Post#36 » Jan 17 2018 09:24

Temennigru wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:

I would imagine they are supposed to proxy jetbikes from other armies when we are playing with ally detachments.

Could any possible

Return to “General Discussion”