Riptide support systems (new player)

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2614

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#19 » Jan 13 2018 04:03

Darthi wrote:And we love to experiment a Little Bit that is why I am gonna buy me The New custodes for my tau army.

Custodes and Tau in the same army huh? Now that's some open gaming! :D

User avatar
Darthi
Shas
Posts: 15

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#20 » Jan 13 2018 04:21

Arka0415 wrote:
Darthi wrote:And we love to experiment a Little Bit that is why I am gonna buy me The New custodes for my tau army.

Custodes and Tau in the same army huh? Now that's some open gaming! :D

I know we even have one who wants to buy striking scorpions for his necrons :biggrin:

DancinHobo
Shas
Posts: 90

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#21 » Jan 13 2018 12:00

I have 3 Riptides. Got my 3rd at the end of 7th. I’ve played 1 game with two of them, and despite the poor turn 1( had Keyon active but rolled oh so poor, and 5 markerlights) both Riptides did great.

User avatar
Darthi
Shas
Posts: 15

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#22 » Jan 14 2018 04:44

Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2614

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#23 » Jan 14 2018 06:23

Darthi wrote:Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

So you didn't use a Target Lock? Did you always use Markerlights?

User avatar
MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El
Posts: 1283

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#24 » Jan 14 2018 07:35

Great attitudes here.

While this is "Advanced Tau Tactica" and we should expect some fine honing of available units, there are quite a number of non-gamers, armchair generals, math hobbyists and guys like me who used to play but can't anymore. There is nothing wrong with any of it.

Cheers guys.

User avatar
Darthi
Shas
Posts: 15

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#25 » Jan 15 2018 12:32

Arka0415 wrote:
Darthi wrote:Hi everyone :D . A quick update i used it with The IA and The stim. He did it job by destroying The heavy targets (The death guard tank and The drone) with a Little help of shadowsun. And typhus The lord of contagion and The psyker.

So you didn't use a Target Lock? Did you always use Markerlights?

Forgot to nentiin that

User avatar
Zadocfish
Shas'Saal
Posts: 25

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#26 » Jan 15 2018 02:58

If you want to dish out max damage, go for Ion Accelerator, 2 Fusion Blasters, and give it a Target Lock and a Multi-Tracker. Nova Charging may not be a GREAT mechanic, sure, but if you go first or it's above half health on your first turn, that D6 shots at 3 damage each is pretty rad.

Why the Multi-Tracker, you ask? Simple: So it can do its own thing, without needing to rely on Markerlights. That can actually help out quite a bit.

Honestly, I love how the Riptide looks; it's way cooler than the statistically-better Ghostkeel.
I am a Christian.

User avatar
Temennigru
Shas'Saal
Posts: 120

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#27 » Jan 16 2018 01:24

Beerson wrote:IMO the best use for riptide rn is proxying Y'vahra
Hopefully it will be better once the codex drops, as I am fond of mecha tau, and riptide and its variants are the coolest suits we have, along with ghostkeel and for me the coolest models in our army

Was gonna say this ^
All I ever do with my riptide is call it a Y'vahra. Playing a riptide with my ultra-competitive friends is a big no-no.

User avatar
Darthi
Shas
Posts: 15

Re: Riptide support systems (new player)

Post#28 » Jan 16 2018 01:49

Temennigru wrote:
Beerson wrote:IMO the best use for riptide rn is proxying Y'vahra
Hopefully it will be better once the codex drops, as I am fond of mecha tau, and riptide and its variants are the coolest suits we have, along with ghostkeel and for me the coolest models in our army

Was gonna say this ^
All I ever do with my riptide is call it a Y'vahra. Playing a riptide with my ultra-competitive friends is a big no-no.

The Problem is my Friends do not like me proxying. (because they think that Tau Are op. Well I must say that i won nearly all my Games within This three months besides The 2 against TS) :D

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nymphomanius and 9 guests