Anyone Going to LVO or Adepticon

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Anyone Going to LVO or Adepticon

Post#1 » Jan 17 2018 11:15

As the title suggests, drop a line here if you're going to LVO or Adepticon and if you're planning to play in any of the tournaments as Tau.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Anyone Going to LVO or Adepticon

Post#2 » Jan 17 2018 01:40

Well I'll be going to Adepticon this year. Bought my tickets and booked the hotel. I don't think I'll be doing any tournament play, but I will bring some models to show off.

Czar Ziggy

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Jan 17 2018 06:24

One day I'd love to, but right now I think I'm a couple thousand miles too far away :D

Do ATT users tend to meet up or anything at these major tournaments?

Wedrujacy
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 18 2018 04:42

Far to far from my location :)

but wish you best fights ever :)

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 18 2018 10:34

Definitely not going to Adepticon this year since we don't have a book yet. Had fun in other events last year but even then those events will pale in entertainment with an index vs all the strong books.

DarkRaptor
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 19 2018 04:55

I will be at both, however I don't know if I will play at adepticon yet. LVO for sure Ill be playing. We are debuting my manta at LVO also which will be a big deal for me. Ive slowed down gaming since SoCal so I could work on it and I am happy to say it is almost done, just a few days left to get it complete.
2014 ITC Champion
2014/2015 Best Tau

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 22 2018 03:56

DarkRaptor wrote:I will be at both, however I don't know if I will play at adepticon yet. LVO for sure Ill be playing. We are debuting my manta at LVO also which will be a big deal for me. Ive slowed down gaming since SoCal so I could work on it and I am happy to say it is almost done, just a few days left to get it complete.

Awesome! I'll have to stop by and check it out!!! My Manta was the one on display at NOVA if you were there this year.

DarkRaptor
Shas

Post#8 » Jan 23 2018 03:59

CDR_Farsight wrote:
DarkRaptor wrote:I will be at both, however I don't know if I will play at adepticon yet. LVO for sure Ill be playing. We are debuting my manta at LVO also which will be a big deal for me. Ive slowed down gaming since SoCal so I could work on it and I am happy to say it is almost done, just a few days left to get it complete.

Awesome! I'll have to stop by and check it out!!! My Manta was the one on display at NOVA if you were there this year.

The red Enclaves one right? I was really digging on it. I came over and looked at it but you were in the middle of the apoc game so didnt want to bug ya too much. We had just started putting things together on my manta around nova time. It took me a long time to source all the electronics and build the wiring diagrams.
2014 ITC Champion
2014/2015 Best Tau

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 24 2018 12:04

DarkRaptor wrote:
CDR_Farsight wrote:

The red Enclaves one right? I was really digging on it. I came over and looked at it but you were in the middle of the apoc game so didnt want to bug ya too much. We had just started putting things together on my manta around nova time. It took me a long time to source all the electronics and build the wiring diagrams.

Thanks! Yep, that’s the one! I have another one in the works. HEAVILY modified with moving parts, magnetized load outs, and lights. I’m super excited about it, but it’s probably over a year out from completion. It has been a painful yet liberating process using industrial power tools on a $1700 resin model. :P

I call it “The Destroyer of Worlds” in honor of the title I won last year for NOVA narrative overall champion.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#10 » Jan 24 2018 01:50

Electronics? Wiring? This sounds amazingly cool. Are there pictures?

Paulson
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#11 » Jan 24 2018 03:43

Adepticon is local for me so I go pretty much every year. Since it requires painted armies i never play but I go to check out the vendors and see all the cool armies on display. I keep telling myself that next year I'll actually get an army painted but so far I haven't managed that and it's been 8 years now lol

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jan 24 2018 06:46

I will post here an interesting link related to the LVO and other tournaments:

If you want to see, for example, the army lists that the players are going to bring to next weekend's LVO 2018, follow the instructions on this article from Frontline Gaming regarding "Army Lists":
https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2018/01/21/a-guide-to-media-coverage-of-the-2018-las-vegas-open/

It basically consists on downloading the Best Coast Pairings mobile app, available for IOS and Android, and then go to "LVO 40k Champs 2018" -> "Roster"
And you can see all the already uploaded lists of the players (the ones with green symbol are uploaded, the red ones are not)

Return to “General Discussion”