T'au septs from the new Codex maybe leaked?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Studioworks
Shas'Saal

T'au septs from the new Codex maybe leaked?

Post#1 » Jan 18 2018 05:11

Not sure if someone wrote about this matter so I'm sorry in advance if someone did. I was just re-checking something in the Chapter approved and saw the Sept logos in the strategem frame. Can we suppose that the following Septs will get Sept traits:

Viorla, Vash'ya, T'olku, Tau'n, Sa'cea, D'yanoi and T'au.

BibiFloris
Shas

Re: T'au septs from the new Codex maybe leaked?

Post#2 » Jan 18 2018 05:35

The Amount seems logical most factions have 8 we would then get 7 + farsight. Looking at the page It seems more a decorative thing than an easter egg/spoiler. But it could be that the art team picked the "major" septs and that those are also the same as will see in the codex.

Pretty sad that the Bork'an or Fal'shia sept are not included. "Many technological innovations have come from his sept. Fire caste warriors form Fal'shia are often the first to try out prototype weapons, armour and system upgrades, seeing this as a great honour despite the inevitable casualties and malfunctions" and "The sept world of Bork'an is a centre of learning and academia, and its system has many rich mining planets. Bork'an has a high percentage of tau from the earth caste, and Fire Warriors from here are frequently outfitted with especially fine weapons and equipment."

Would have really liked to see a sept tactic similar to the vostroyan or the armageddon steel legion doctrines.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 18 2018 08:11

Interesting.... Now i have Farsight and Sa'Cea :D
Last edited by bl4ckc00k1e on Jan 18 2018 08:30, edited 1 time in total.

TauGeorge
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 18 2018 08:26

Would be very happy if T'olku featured as iv'e done my army as them.

What would the varying sept traits be? As surely there will be several differences depending on which you decide to field.

PJetski
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 18 2018 08:41

I'm hoping that Farsight Enclaves is expanded into a separate army a la Genestealer Cults

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 18 2018 08:43

PJetski wrote:I'm hoping that Farsight Enclaves is expanded into a separate army a la Genestealer Cults

I doubt it, tempestus didn't get a separate codex just a different regiment trait, and like the tempestus FE don't have anything unique to justify it's own codex, Genestealer cult is massively different from tyranids

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 18 2018 08:55

Lookin at the lore found in the 7th codex, my guess would be.

Viorla: Has hotblooded warriors so probably a bonus to advance and shoot or just bonus to hit (combat or shooting)
Vash'ya: Many air cast dock and ships no clue how the would do that.
T'olku: Is known for its alien probably will have buff concerning the auxiliary or the only buff that auxiliary can use. (like the storm troopers one from IG)
Tau'n: Has the biggest air fleet again no clue how that would translate that into a buff
Sa'cea: Overpopulated still does not ring a direct buff in my mind
D'yanoi: If there would be any <sept> related warp buffs/stratagems I would bet it is this sept
T'au: Has the eterhal council and is the first planet probably a generic buff. (maby IG cadian)
Farshight: I think and hope it wil get a bigger and better treatment something akin to tempestuous a few different units and more than one buff but will see.

Looking at the lore I think that a few would be weird chooses at least. To have 2 air superiority septs sound weird.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 18 2018 09:06

That all sounds very plausible. And what of Tau Empire allied races that we're to expect as we were told a while ago that Tau are getting "something big". :fear:

Krospgnasker
Shas

Post#9 » Jan 18 2018 09:17

I really, really hope Farsight Enclaves get something that rewards and encourages aggressive tactics. Same with Farsight himself. Reroll 1s to hit in fight phase isn't enough to really make him a viable force multiplier, but in combination with a rad sept rule? Maybe he'll be super rad.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#10 » Jan 18 2018 09:41

Krospgnasker wrote:I really, really hope Farsight Enclaves get something that rewards and encourages aggressive tactics. Same with Farsight himself. Reroll 1s to hit in fight phase isn't enough to really make him a viable force multiplier, but in combination with a rad sept rule? Maybe he'll be super rad.

Re-rolling ones to hit in the fight phase against Orks when within 6" of Farsight isn't enough?? :D

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Jan 18 2018 10:45

I think T'au and Viorla are pretty much given. I'd also say Sa'cea and Farsight Enclaves are highly likely. To be honest, I'd be somewhat surprised if Dal'yth wasn't one of the septs. They featured heavily during the Damocles Crusade and the Taros Campaign and have a named character (albeit a FW one) in the form of Shas'O R'Myr

GI-Redshirt
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Jan 18 2018 12:07

Well, I mean we already know what 3 of them are gonna be. The named characters in our army have fixed Septs that they must be a part of, so we can glean of few of them from there. Shadowsun, Darkstrider, Longstrike, and Aun'Va all have T'au Sept. Aun'Shi has Vior'la Sept, and Farsight has Farsight Enclaves as his Sept.

So, we know for a fact that T'au, Vior'la, and Farsight Enclaves are going to be Sept tactics. No real surprises in that list, given that they're the Sept that gives the faction its name, the current box art Sept, and the supplement Sept, but still, those are guaranteed to be Septs in the upcoming Codex.

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jan 18 2018 01:50

The 2 forgeworld commanders are kel'shan and dal'yth I reckon they're going to be septs in the codex also

Wes
Shas

Post#14 » Jan 18 2018 03:17

I'd ve very surprised if Sa'cea isn't an option.

GI-Redshirt
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jan 18 2018 04:48

Nymphomanius wrote:The 2 forgeworld commanders are kel'shan and dal'yth I reckon they're going to be septs in the codex also

Actually, those Septs being represented on FW models is pretty strong evidence for Kel'Shan and Dal'yth NOT being represented in the codex. Generally speaking, FW factions do not get rules representations within GW codices (Death Korps of Krieg and Elysians are not represented in the Guard codex, Minotaurs, Blood Ravens, and Red Scorpions not being in the Marine codex, Renegades not being in any Chaos codex, etc.). I could be wrong, but I personally expect those to Septs to not get rules in the codex proper and instead get represented in the rules in Fires of Cyraxus if that ever actually comes out.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#16 » Jan 18 2018 06:54

GI-Redshirt wrote:
Nymphomanius wrote:The 2 forgeworld commanders are kel'shan and dal'yth I reckon they're going to be septs in the codex also

Actually, those Septs being represented on FW models is pretty strong evidence for Kel'Shan and Dal'yth NOT being represented in the codex. Generally speaking, FW factions do not get rules representations within GW codices (Death Korps of Krieg and Elysians are not represented in the Guard codex, Minotaurs, Blood Ravens, and Red Scorpions not being in the Marine codex, Renegades not being in any Chaos codex, etc.). I could be wrong, but I personally expect those to Septs to not get rules in the codex proper and instead get represented in the rules in Fires of Cyraxus if that ever actually comes out.

I think you're right. With the exception of Chapter Approved you basically never see FW stuff in GW releases.

That said, if we ignore connecting sept lore to traits for a second, what common, already-released traits might Tau pick up? A few of the common ones, possibly relevant ones include:

- Re-roll 1s to hit if stationary
- Re-roll morale tests
- Vehicles count their wounds as double for the purpose of determining characteristics
- Enemies get -1 to hit if >12" away
- Re-roll dice for random number of shots
- Ignore cover with shooting attacks
- Add 6" to weapon range
- Ignore wounds on 6+
- Extra shot on to-hit roll of 6+
- Hit on overwatch on 5+

FoxZz
Shas

Post#17 » Jan 18 2018 08:07

I think Sa'cea fighters are supposed to be pros in urban combat, maybe they will get a +1 to save when in urban cover ?

Ricordis
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Jan 18 2018 09:20

Sa'cea also fields more Firewarriors than other septs (and use fewer suits), have an even for T'au extreme bonding to Ethereals, favor stealth operations and long range broadside support.

The codex could build them up as infantry heavy force or give a stratagem for combining broadsides with firewarriors, extend Ethereal's buff range or ... whatever.

Return to “General Discussion”