Mixing Tau with other Factions

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Darthi
Shas

Mixing Tau with other Factions

Post#1 » Jan 22 2018 09:23

Hi I am a guy who has Friends as crazy as him and want to mix some factions. So what do you think would be The most funny unit in combination of Tau? I myself will buy me next week The Custodes Jetbikes for many funny situations that could happen.
(sorry for grammar errors not a native English Speaker)

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Re: Mixing Tau with other Factions

Post#2 » Jan 22 2018 09:31

Played together with Chaos (2x1000 points against 2x1000 points) against Grey Knights and Space Marines.
First round I wounded barely anything but Chaos prevented the enemy to slaughter me in melee. I could pay back in the second shooting Phase.

All in all it was a quite good combination.
They slaughter everything in melee and what is too strong for them gets shot :D

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jan 22 2018 09:42

The local Ork player and I team up sort of regularly. We create a giant mob of boys and fire warriors that move onto the field, one time using around 2x 30 boys and my 30 fire warriors + fireblade all in FtGG range of them with the pulse accelerator drone. No one dared to charge that blob :crafty:

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 22 2018 09:53

Not a new one but T'au and eldar compliment each other quite well I was playing with someone using a banshees heavy list, was quite fun I blew up his transports amd the banshees turned the Marines inside into mincemeat :D

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 22 2018 12:14

Jhul'vol wrote:The local Ork player and I team up sort of regularly. We create a giant mob of boys and fire warriors that move onto the field, one time using around 2x 30 boys and my 30 fire warriors + fireblade all in FtGG range of them with the pulse accelerator drone. No one dared to charge that blob :crafty:

Teaming up with Orks hurts my soul, but I can see the deadliness and hilarity of it :P
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 22 2018 12:16

I could see the Tau teaming up with Chaos Demons in a way

It wouldn't really be that they were teaming up with the demons, but rather the demons were ignoring them because there is something there with more psychic presence that they want to deal with first. :P
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

Darthi
Shas

Post#7 » Jan 22 2018 01:12

Maybe Tyranids with Tau?

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#8 » Jan 22 2018 02:43

Aren't there Ork mercenaries in the fluff? Stormboys maybe?

I think the easiest would be Astra Militarum and treat them as Gue'vesa forces.

Darthi
Shas

Post#9 » Jan 22 2018 04:47

Commander Deffblade wrote:Aren't there Ork mercenaries in the fluff? Stormboys maybe?

I think the easiest would be Astra Militarum and treat them as Gue'vesa forces.

I think that More as a Standard that everyone would do I search More for The hillarious or crazy stuff. (unless I would have any of The baneblade variants :? )

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#10 » Jan 22 2018 06:44

Nymphomanius wrote:Not a new one but T'au and eldar compliment each other quite well I was playing with someone using a banshees heavy list, was quite fun I blew up his transports amd the banshees turned the Marines inside into mincemeat :D

I love the idea of T'au and Eldar together, and to me at least, it makes a little bit of fluff sense until the T'au start raving on about their Greater Good and the Eldar simply get annoyed at them. I can definitely see the Eldar siding with T'au over an Imperial army alternative. I'd love to have a T'au shooty+Eldar melee/psychic army at some point!

Bolter&Rail
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jan 22 2018 08:51

I ran a Tau with Ynnari Eldar in 7th edition with good success at multiple tournaments. It was a very mean list that consisted of Tau: 2 riptides, 1 yvahra, & crisis teams with commanders supported by Ynnari: wraithknight, windriders and farseers. I think when I calculated how many points my 1850 list would be in 8th edition it was close to 3k so you can imagine how broken it was in 7th.

Obviously it got crushed by strD spam, but it was a thing of beauty to have an invisible soulbursting wraithknight in the opponents face turn 1 while having tau firepower at range cleaning up.

I felt psychic and melee friends were very useful in 7th edition. I imagine same applies for 8th, but havent tried anything yet...

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Jan 23 2018 01:19

CDR_Farsight wrote:
Jhul'vol wrote:The local Ork player and I team up sort of regularly. We create a giant mob of boys and fire warriors that move onto the field, one time using around 2x 30 boys and my 30 fire warriors + fireblade all in FtGG range of them with the pulse accelerator drone. No one dared to charge that blob :crafty:

Teaming up with Orks hurts my soul, but I can see the deadliness and hilarity of it :P

Then to mend it a bit.. I kill them more often then teaming up with them :P

Another team up we did recently was Dark Angels with my Tau, however that was in an Apocalypse with 3k per army, so most of the game we were fighting individually, without much synergy between the armies.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jan 25 2018 09:13

I played with a mechanichs player. He held the backline with neutron lasers and snipers while I deepstriked. The space marine player we played against ragequit.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#14 » Jan 25 2018 09:34

Temennigru wrote:I played with a mechanichs player. He held the backline with neutron lasers and snipers while I deepstriked. The space marine player we played against ragequit.

If our Broadsides end up with similar firepower as Dunecrawlers, we'll be able to pull this off without allying. It'll be fantastic.

Return to “General Discussion”