[GAME] Codex Predictions Pool

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

[GAME] Codex Predictions Pool

Post#1 » Jan 26 2018 05:57

The Codex Prediction Game

Hi all, thought this could be a fun little game now that we know we are up soon. This is not a wish-listing thread, but a thread for you to try and predict items that will make an appearance (or disappearance) in the codex. After the release we can tally up points and see who was closest/won. Should be a fun little game to bring us together and have some friendly competition

You can make as many predictions as you like (about anything) as long as they do not contradict each other (e.g. predicting that XV8s will get more expansive, and stay the same as 2 different predictions). All predictions close once the community site starts doing previews, so better get started guys and gals!

(I'll add answer code at the end to copy to make your responses easier - I'll add my entries in a little while)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Markerlight Table Changes - (1pt per correct change/entry on your table);

e.g.
    * 1 ML - +1 BS
    * 2 ML - No Change
    * 3 ML - New Buff
    * 4 ML - No Change
    * 5 ML - Gone

Unit Points Changes - (1pt per correct unit/change, bonus point for correct CHANGE value // -1pt per incorrect guess)

e.g. Broadsides - Down by 40 PTS base model
Would score 2 point for Broadsides going down by 40 points, lose 1 if Broadsides did not change or went up, and no point change for extra ones featured not mentioned. (not penalised for getting the change value wrong, just the direction)

Weapon Points Changes - (1pt per correct Weapon/change, 1 bonus point for correct CHANGE value // -1pt per incorrect guess)

e.g. Burst Cannons - Down by 4 PTS
Would score 2 point for Burst cannons going down by 4 points, lose 1 if BC did not change or went up, and no point change for extra ones featured not mentioned. (not penalised for getting the change value wrong, just the direction)

Strategems - (1pt per correct rule/effect, 1 bonus point for correct CP cost)

e.g. JSJ - 2CP
Would score 2 points if the JSJ Stratagem cost 2CP. It would lose 1 if JSJ was not featured (not penalised for CP guesses and don't need to get the correct name, just the rule/effect)

Septs - (1pt per sept featured// -1 per not-featured sept

e.g. T'au, Da'lyth, Sa'Cea, Farsight
Would score 1 point per sept featured, lose 1 if one of those was not featured, and no point change for extra ones featured not mentioned

Signature Systems - (1pt per system featured, 5 bonus points for guessing the accompanying rule/buff/stats line // -1 per not-featured system

e.g. Fusion Blades, Iridium Suit
Would score 1 point per system featured, lose 1 if one of those was not featured, and no point change for extra ones featured not mentioned. (no penalty for incorrect bonus details)

Traits - (1pt per trait featured, 1 bonus point for correct sept // -1pt for not-featured trait

e.g. +1 LD - T'au sept
Would score 2 points if the T'au sept trait was +1 leadership. It would lose 1 if +1 leadership was not a trait (not penalised for sept guesses)

Misc - 1pt per miscellaneous change predicted // -1pt per incorrect prediction

e.g.
    * New member race added
    * Commander Auras now permanent, not one use

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

A note on fair-play/the spirit of the competition from the comments:

Arka0415 wrote:Peej- how specific do you want us to be? Let's say they remove Fusion Blasters (lol) and three people guess...

- Fusion Blasters will be removed
- One battlesuit weapon will be removed
- One battlesuit wargear option will be removed

...which of those count?

I'm not expecting people to be 100% specific with some of the stuff (for example, saying we will get JSJ as a stratagem is enough, even if it's called something else and the specific rule wording isn't stated, because we all know what JSJ is). But being super vague is against the spirit.

I'd say probably in things like your example, only the top one, otherwise things will get silly with people saying things like "Jetpack keyword will have a rule", or "Sniper Drones will get a rule". They are pretty safe bets and given the context, not really specific enough to warrant points. Especially as they are likely to be in the 'misc' section, those guesses will probably have to be pretty specific.

Code: Select all

[u][b]Markerlight Table Changes[/b][/u] - [i](1pt per correct change/entry on your table)[/i];

[color=#40FF00]e.g.
[list=1]* 1 ML - No Change
* 2 ML - No Change
* 3 ML - No Change
* 4 ML - No Change
* 5 ML - No Change[/list][/color]

[u][b]Unit Points Changes[/b][/u] - [i](1pt per correct unit/change, bonus point for correct CHANGE value // -1pt per incorrect guess)[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* UNIT - DIRECTION - CHANGE VALUE
* UNIT - DIRECTION - CHANGE VALUE[/list][/color]

[u][b]Weapon Points Changes[/b][/u] - [i](1pt per correct Weapon/change, 1 bonus point for correct CHANGE value // -1pt per incorrect guess)[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* WEAPON - DIRECTION - CHANGE VALUE
* WEAPON - DIRECTION - CHANGE VALUE[/list][/color]

[u][b]Strategems[/b][/u] - [i](1pt per correct rule/effect, 1 bonus point for correct CP cost)[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* STRATEGEM - CP
* STRATEGEM - CP[/list][/color]

[u][b]Septs[/b] [/u]- [i](1pt per sept featured// -1 per not-featured sept[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* SEPT 1
* SEPT 2[/list][/color]

[u][b]Signature Systems[/b] [/u]- [i](1pt per system featured, 5 bonus points for guessing the accompanying rule/buff/stats line // -1 per not-featured system[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* SYSTEM 1
* SYSTEM 2[/list][/color]

[u][b]Traits[/b][/u] - [i](1pt per trait featured, 1 bonus point for correct sept // -1pt for not-featured trait[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* TRAIT - SEPT
* TRAIT - SEPT[/list][/color]

[u][b]Misc[/b] [/u]- [i]1pt per miscellaneous change predicted // -1pt per incorrect prediction[/i]

[color=#40FF00][list]* MISC CHANGE/ADDITION 1
* MISC CHANGE/ADDITION 2[/list]
[/color]

NOTE: Applogies mods if this is not acceptable content, I just thought it may be a little fun.

EDIT: Colour changed from red - El'mo
Please note that RED is reserved for the exclusive use of the Moderators and Admins.
Last edited by PeeJ on Jan 26 2018 06:52, edited 3 times in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: [GAME] Codex Predictions Pool

Post#2 » Jan 26 2018 06:00

This looks amazing. I'll definitely submit a prediction. Give me some time to channel my inner Game Designer and see if I can get any right ;)

QimRas
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jan 26 2018 06:28

Since I am totally excited about this, I will throw a $15 GW gift certificate into the pot as a reward for whoever gets the most points. Just enough for a pair of drones.

**Edit: Assuming Mods are ok with this**
Last edited by QimRas on Jan 26 2018 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Jan 26 2018 06:35

Peej- how specific do you want us to be? Let's say they remove Fusion Blasters (lol) and three people guess...

...which of those count?

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jan 26 2018 06:44

I've added the bit from Arka to the first post, thanks for bringing this up!

Arka0415 wrote:Peej- how specific do you want us to be? Let's say they remove Fusion Blasters (lol) and three people guess...

...which of those count?

It was just intended as a bit of fun, I'm wasn't expecting people to be 100% specific with some of the stuff (for example, saying we will get JSJ as a stratagem is enough, even if it's called something else and the specific rule wording isn't stated, because we all know what JSJ is). But being super vague is against the spirit.

I'd say probably in things like your example, only the top one, otherwise things will get silly with people saying things like "Jetpack keyword will have a rule", or "Sniper Drones will get a rule". They are pretty safe bets and given the context, not really specific enough to warrant points. Especially as they are likely to be in the 'misc' section, those guesses will probably have to be pretty specific.

QimRas wrote:Since I am totally excited about this, I will throw a $15 GW gift certificate into the pot as a reward for whoever gets the most points. Just enough for a pair of drones.

That's mighty generous of you. I just did this as a bragging rights type thing for fun. But if the mods are happy with you doing that then feel free.
Last edited by PeeJ on Jan 26 2018 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Jan 26 2018 06:51

PeeJ wrote:It was just intended as a bit of fun, I'm wasn't expecting people to be 100% specific with some of the stuff (for example, saying we will get JSJ as a stratagem is enough, even if it's called something else and the specific rule wording isn't stated, because we all know what JSJ is). But being super vague is against the spirit.

I'd say probably in things like your example, only the top one, otherwise things will get silly with people saying things like "Jetpack keyword will have a rule", or "Sniper Drones will get a rule". They are pretty safe bets and given the context, not really specific enough to warrant points.

Sounds good! Time to start thinking :)

QimRas
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Jan 26 2018 06:54

PeeJ wrote:
QimRas wrote:Since I am totally excited about this, I will throw a $15 GW gift certificate into the pot as a reward for whoever gets the most points. Just enough for a pair of drones.

That's mighty generous of you. I just did this as a bragging rights type thing for fun. But if the mods are happy with you doing that then feel free.

Oh right, assuming Mod approval. Updating my post.

ErSe0831
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 26 2018 09:24

Love this! I have one suggestion: Maybe limit the amount of entries in each category (e.g. 2 septs, 3 stratagems, 1 relic etc.) to make each separate contestants submissions more uniform. Makes for easier point counting and overall more fair.

Edit: Okay Sept might be up to 8 different entries since there's a few given ones already.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Jan 26 2018 09:51

ErSe0831 wrote:Love this! I have one suggestion: Maybe limit the amount of entries in each category (e.g. 2 septs, 3 stratagems, 1 relic etc.) to make each separate contestants submissions more uniform. Makes for easier point counting and overall more fair.

Edit: Okay Sept might be up to 8 different entries since there's a few given ones already.

Ahhh, but without a limit you are gambling.

You can go for more guesses, but that increases your chance of you getting points lost to things that aren't implemented. But, if you play it too safe and don't make certain guesses, you risk missing out on points that others get. Risk/reward ;)

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#10 » Jan 26 2018 12:12

I don't have a problem with it. Let me check with the higher ups. Make them earn their shrimp tails for once ;)

Cheers!

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jan 27 2018 04:12

Amazing idea just on a side note if I want to add more predictions later is it easier for you guys for me to edit this post with them or make a new post?

Anyway my predictions so far

Sep't rules
I'm fairly sure we will get a 6+ FNP sep't
If you stay still RR 1's to hit sep't
This one's a bit of a long shot but maybe a trap masters sep't that enemies declared a charge against a unit of this sep't have -1 to charge distance?

Stratagems
I think the failsafe detonater will be a stratagem, 1CP-when a battlesuit loses its last wound in the fight phase it can detonate, all units within 3" suffer D3 MW on a 4+
An overwhelming firepower stratagem, 1CP- any 6+ to hit generate an additional shot, possibly limited to either pulse or burst weapons
Emergency repairs, 1CP- a vehicle or monster battlesuit can recover D3 wounds at start of the turn but cannot move that turn for any reason (but can still shoot)
Combined fire, 2CP- 3 units if same class (aka infantry, Battlesuits or vehicle etc..)within 18" of each other all fire at same target +1 to hit and wound
Seeker resupply, 2CP- select a skyray that has already fired atleast 1 Seeker missile, it gains D3+1 Seeker Missiles but cannot have more than 6 in total.
Preliminary bombardment (stolen from AM) 2CP- use before the battle roll a dice for each enemy unit on battlefield any 6's causes a MW.

Relics,
Commander only Iridium battlesuit increase save to 2+ and gain +1 T
Neuroweb system jammer at the start of your opponent's shooting phase select a unit within 12" when rolling to hit any 1's cause the weapon to hit the model that fired it
Onager gauntlet, melee weapon str10 Ap-4 D3 damage either -1 to hit or can only attack once.
Pulse destroyer rifle, model with pulse rifle only 30" range rapid fire 2 str6 Ap-2 damage 2
Tactical disruption node, when your opponent uses a stratagem roll a dice on a 6+ it costs them an additional CP, if they didn't have the CP to lose the stratagem fails and the CP is still lost.

Warlord Traits.
+3" aura pretty much a given.
I'd love to see +1 T with 6+ FNP for the Iridium battlesuit if I'm right about both T7 Commander yeah!
Target acquired select enemy unit at start of game, warlord and friendly units within 6" reroll to wound when shooting at it.
Tactical placement, after shooting your warlord can make a move up to D6" mini warlord JSJ?
Perfect placement, when arriving by Manta Strike warlord may arrive D6+3" away instead of 9" away (because QFC needs a reason to be better :D)

Weapon costs
Burst cannon 6
SMS 8
Missile pod 18
Fusion cascade 25
Ion cannon 45
Fusion blaster 14 for BS4+ 18 for BS2+
Ds8 turret 15
Gun Drone 10
Sniper drones 11
XV8s 35

That's all for now my brain feels dry inside :D

nic
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#12 » Jan 29 2018 03:44

This could be fun, so in the spirit of putting my dumb ideas out there ready for ridicule when the codex drops :fear:

Vehicle upgrades

Automated Repair System
Roll 4+ at the start of each friendly turn to repair 1 wound on a damaged vehicle

Decoy Launchers
Negates any bonus to-hit for rules which gain the bonus against the Fly keyword

Disruption Pod
Gain the benefits of cover when in the open, no further benefit when actually in cover

Point Defence Targeting Relay
Gains For the Greater Good

Sensor Spines
Roll 2 dice for Advance distance and take the highest.

Signature Systems

(Obviously the one already in CA - it would not be in the spirit of the game to put that in)

Iridium Battlesuit
Commander only - 2+ save

Neuroweb system jammer
Units targeting the model in the shooting phase cannot re-roll to-hit rolls of 1 for any reason.

Onager Gauntlet
Bearer gains an additional attack at S10 ap -3 Damage D3

Command and Control Node
Replaces Target Lock. Bearer and one nominated nearby unit gain benefits of Target Lock in shooting phase.

Talisman of Arthas Moloch
Bearer may Deny the Witch rolling 4+ on a D6 once per psychic phase. Gains a 6+ roll to ignore Mortal Wounds from psychic powers

(I expect more Farsight signature systems but in a separate mini-dex much later)

Stratagems

Experimental Systems Cadre
1CP/3CP. The usual option to purchase additional Signature Systems.

Coordinated firepower
2 CP. Two or more T'au units select a target unit, they gain +1 to hit against that unit

Low altitude Manta drop
1 CP / 3 CP. Pick a battlesuit unit that cannot Manta Drop, it gains the Manta Drop rule. For 3CP pick two such units.

Drop zone clear
2CP. A unit which arrives by Manta Drop or Homing Beacon gains +1 to hit in the following shooting phase.

Vectored Retro-Thrusters
1 CP. After a unit with the JET PACK keyword shoots it may immediately make a 7" move but may not charge later in the turn.

Neutralisation Lattice
1CP. Replace a single markerlight counter with a mortal wound

Riptide hailstorm
3CP. riptide shoots twice.

Coordinated Firestorm
2CP. Two or more Broadside units target the same unit. +1 to wound on all hits on that unit.

(to be continued...)

Torch
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jan 29 2018 04:24

I'll hop in. Since this is predictions, I'll keep my fairytales to myself :fear: :

1) Markerlight table stays the same. (does that count for 5 pts if I'm right?)

2) Crisis suits get 5 pts cheaper.

3) Missile pods drop by 6 pts.

4) Plasma drops by 5 pts.

5) Burst cannon drops by 4 pts.

6) Commanders increase by 20 pts.

7) Rail rifles drop by 7 pts.

8) Hammerhead gets shoot twice ability.

9) Commander abilities stay the same.

10) DS8 turrets drop to match their weapon systems (if those got cheaper).

11) JSJ as a stratagem

12) Different point costs on some weapons based on ballistic skill.

13) Ghostkeel/stealthsuit specific stratagem (e.g. can only be hit on 6s)

14) Stealthfield relic for commanders

That's all I got for now.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#14 » Jan 29 2018 04:59

At the moment I can see no problems with this going forward with the following caveat:

Any prizes/awards are purely the responsibility of the member/s running this thread similar to the rules regarding eBay and private sales.

Is it permissible to post models to sell/buy?
In this case, we mean those models which have either been purchased by you from a manufacturer/supplier such as Games Workshop, or ones which you have converted from such models. We are not referring here to ones which you have designed and built yourself; please see the next section for information on our stance regarding them. We here at ATT are perfectly fine with posting models for sale/purchase - however - we will not be held responsible for any wrong-doing that occurs during the process. Furthermore, once interest is expressed, please take the discussion off-site and conduct final negotiations via email or PM. If you want a bullet-proof solution, there's always Ebay.

Ebay Auctions: yes or no?
ATT does permit its members to inform the community about any Ebay Auctions they may currently have in progress. A link to the relevant auction/seller's name should be entered in your signature. By advertising your auction in this way, you can continue to participate as normal in the forums while "bringing your auction alert with you" each time you post.

**Please note that ATT's stance about not being held responsible in any way for wrong-doing also applies to auctions/sales advertised in a member's signature.**

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#15 » Jan 30 2018 07:23

Okay, let me make a few guesses. I'm thinking as conservatively as I can, and I'm not going to touch on everything, but this is what I'd be willing to make bets about:

Stratagems:
- Allow 1-2 Infantry or Vehicle units to use Manta Strike [1-3CP]
- Reduce enemy charge range by D3 [1CP]
- Pulse Carbines can shoot Photon Grenades or EMP Grenades [1CP]
- Kroot can fight twice in the Fight phase [3CP]
- Air Caste Bombardment for D3 mortal wounds on 4+ for all units within D6" of point [3CP]
- Enemy units firing at Pathfinders get -1 to hit [2CP]

Sept Traits:
- 6+ FNP
- Overwatch on 5+
- Re-roll dice for advance
- Re-roll dice for weapons with random numbers of shots

Relics:
- Onager Gauntlet: Sx2/AP-3/D3 damage
- Fusion Blade: S8/AP-4/D6 damage, re-roll picking the highest, double 6s deal D3 mortal wounds on the user
- Talisman of Arthas Moloch: Deny psyker power once per game at +1

Markerlights:
- No changes

Weapons:
- Burst Cannons reduced in price
- Rail Rifles reduced in price
- Heavy Rail Rifles reduced in price
- No other changes

Units Costs:
- Commanders increased
- Cadre Fireblades increased
- Kroot Carnivores reduced
- Devilfish reduced
- Firesight Marksman increased
- Riptide reduced
- Gun Drones increased
- Shield Drones increased
- Marker Drones increased
- Broadsides reduced
- Hammerheads reduced
- Sun Shark Bomber increased
- Stormsurge increased

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Jan 30 2018 09:30

Just a little question, if you make prediction for units that don't end up appearing in codex (kroot etc.) do you lose points?
If yes, ignore my kroot predictions :)

Points decreases
Riptide
Broadside
BC drone (hammerhead option etc.)
Crisis suits
Crisis bodyguards
Kroot -1pt
Kroot shaper
Piranha
Marker drone

Rail rifle
Burst cannon
Rocket pod

Change
Burst cannon +range
Railgun +damage potential
XV8 +system slot (a big gamble :))

Stratagems
Redeploy battlesuit keyword

Additons
Anti psyker amulet (whatever it was called)

Osocruel
Shas

Post#17 » Jan 30 2018 12:53

Is Haechi going to play?

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Jan 30 2018 02:20

I'm stealing baerson's template :P

Sept rules
FYI I hate sept rules and I wish they would go away. T'au are not space marines.

Anything goes here

Points decreases
Riptide
Broadside
Crisis suits
Crisis bodyguards
Piranha
Marker drone
ATS
ALL rail weapons
Rocket pod/High yield rocket pod

Change
Burst cannon: range and/or shots and/or AP
Railgun: complete damage rework, + Str
XV8: + movement, separation between weapons and support systems (like in XV9)
RIPtide: + movement, fire heavy weapons for free
Smart missile system: + range
Airburst frag projector: + damage
Commander: + buffs
Seeker and destroyer missile: + damage
Ion accelerator: + damage
Sniper drones: mortal wounds, + BS
Fusion Kuraida: + range
Plasma rifle: +1 Str, + range
Pulse Blastcannon: + shots
Multi-tracker: Reroll hits
Counterfire defence system: Overwatch at user's BS or overwatch at BS5+
Ethereals: + buff range and/or reroll hits + reroll morale

Stratagems
Redeploy battlesuit keyword
Master of war (Mont'Ka and Kau'Yon)

Additons
Support systems from 7e as relics (which I hate)

Hopes and prayers
JSJ as a support system (vectored retrothrusters)
Pulse carbine: - movement/charge to target
Breachers: overwatch at user's BS
Darkstrider: -2 toughness for structure analyzer
Ethereals: advance and shoot
Markerlights: +1 BS at 1
Dawn blade: +2 Str
Pulse pistols for everyone
Some kind of special rule for broadsides and standing still, since they obviously have an anchor like the stormsurge.
Heavy burst cannons: 12 shots without nova charge, since knights get 12 shots with AP -2 that deal 2 damage each at BS3+ and 16 or D2 with nova charge since you are taking a mortal wound for it
Guardian drone: 5++ to fire warriors
A new model

Return to “General Discussion”