To be or not to Imperivm

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

To be or not to Imperivm

Post#1 » Jan 28 2018 06:57

Hello fellows. In my gaming group there are a Ultramarines player, a Dark Angels player, and an Astra Militarum one.
They make the list using only their corresponding Codex, without using others factions units.
But I was thinking: playing any Imperium faction (or Chaos) is a huge advantage in the competitive aspect of the game.
The possibility of mixing units from diferentes códices is astounding.
One can use the best of all worlds.
Well, besides that, which was a reflection that I had, I have a related doubt:
to which faction a mixed army belongs to?
If I field an army with 500 pts of Astra Militarum, 500 of Dark Angels and 500 of Ultramarines, which army is?
Thank you in advance.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: To be or not to Imperivm

Post#2 » Jan 28 2018 07:07

Depends on which faction your primary detachment (the one with your warlord) is. For example, I often run a Battalion of Militarum Tempestus along side my AdMech, but since my warlord is my Tech-Priest Dominus, it would be an Adeptus Mechanicus army. Does that make sense?

Tau'va

Sniper

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 28 2018 07:11

SniperTau wrote:Depends on which faction your primary detachment (the one with your warlord) is. For example, I often run a Battalion of Militarum Tempestus along side my AdMech, but since my warlord is my Tech-Priest Dominus, it would be an Adeptus Mechanicus army. Does that make sense?

Tau'va

Sniper

Hello Sniper.
Thank you for your answer.
Yeah, that makes sense. And now it seems pretty clear.
So if I use an Auxiliary Support Detachment with only my Warlord in it, can I make an army almost purely of one faction but being of other?
Is an extreme example, of course.
Also, where appears that, to look at it?

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Jan 28 2018 07:14

If you play an Imperium army, you need to be very careful with your detachments. If you put one Astra Militarum unit in an Ultramarines detachment, all of those units lose their special Chapter/Regiment rules.

Also, these armies are always Imperium armies, never Dark Angels or Ultramarines or whatever. Armies are defined by their common keyword. So if you have a Dark Angels + Ultramarines + Astra Militarum army, it can only be an Imperium army, and not a Dark Angels army.

The selection of your Warlord unlocks Relics for the Warlord's faction, but that's it as far as I know.

Does that make sense?

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 28 2018 07:49

Arka0415 wrote:If you play an Imperium army, you need to be very careful with your detachments. If you put one Astra Militarum unit in an Ultramarines detachment, all of those units lose their special Chapter/Regiment rules.

Also, these armies are always Imperium armies, never Dark Angels or Ultramarines or whatever. Armies are defined by their common keyword. So if you have a Dark Angels + Ultramarines + Astra Militarum army, it can only be an Imperium army, and not a Dark Angels army.

The selection of your Warlord unlocks Relics for the Warlord's faction, but that's it as far as I know.

Does that make sense?

Hello Arka.
Thank you for your answer and congratulations for your 'Vre promotion. Merecidísima.
Yeah, that makes sense too.
But I see the tournaments list and them list it as "Astra Militarum", "Blood Angels", etc, even the mixed ones.
So..?

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Jan 28 2018 08:11

Kerrygan wrote:Thank you for your answer and congratulations for your 'Vre promotion. Merecidísima.

Thanks! :D In Spanish what is the correct reply to "merecidísima"?

Kerrygan wrote:But I see the tournaments list and them list it as "Astra Militarum", "Blood Angels", etc, even the mixed ones.

That usually just means that the army is "mainly" Blood Angels, or has a Blood Angels Warlord, or something like that. Technically they are Imperium keyword armies.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 28 2018 08:24

Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:Thank you for your answer and congratulations for your 'Vre promotion. Merecidísima.

Well, as "merecidísima" is like "deserved" with the "ísimo-ma" suffix, which is like "very very very". Like with MANY emphasis in the "very", I would say that the answers is something like "gracias". Jaja.
Not so glamorous.

Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:But I see the tournaments list and them list it as "Astra Militarum", "Blood Angels", etc, even the mixed ones.

That usually just means that the army is "mainly" Blood Angels, or has a Blood Angels Warlord, or something like that. Technically they are Imperium keyword armies.

10-4, thank you.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#8 » Jan 28 2018 08:48

Kerrygan wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:

Well, as "merecidísima" is like "deserved" with the "ísimo-ma" suffix, which is like "very very very". Like with MANY emphasis in the "very", I would say that the answers is something like "gracias". Jaja.

That makes sense, thanks! I didn't know if there was a "proper" reply or something. :)

Return to “General Discussion”