Regimental standard about Damocles gulf

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Regimental standard about Damocles gulf

Post#1 » Jan 31 2018 02:13

There is some fluff regarding us on the Regimental standard. Interesting read :)

https://regimental-standard.com/2018/01 ... r-on-fire/

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Regimental standard about Damocles gulf

Post#2 » Jan 31 2018 02:27

T'ach! Just more propaganda from the IoM! As if they'd know what was going on in the Dam'o'kles Gulf?! :-?

Thanks for posting Studioworks- it's good to know the vile Gue'la are up to these days. ;)

TauMan
FREEDOM!
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

gunrock
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 31 2018 02:57

Studioworks wrote:There is some fluff regarding us on the Regimental standard. Interesting read :)

https://regimental-standard.com/2018/01 ... r-on-fire/

We bested them at Mu'gulath Bay, and again at Vas'Talos.
The Damocles gulf and the Dovar system are ours.
Our answer to the imperial menace will be swift and righteous.
All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; Unto the place whither the rivers go, Thither they go again.

Draco023
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 31 2018 03:00

The most interesting thing to me is they're featured the Thousand Sons, Tyranids and Eldar within weeks of their codex dropping , but no mention there of the Dark Eldar or Necrons yet. Could we have jumped in line?

steelmanf
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 31 2018 03:14

I also found interesting explicit mention of the 4th and 5th Spheres of Expansion. Why mention those if they don't wind up featuring in the upcoming fluff?

Also, "inability to adapt"? :roll:

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 31 2018 03:29

steelmanf wrote:I also found interesting explicit mention of the 4th and 5th Spheres of Expansion. Why mention those if they don't wind up featuring in the upcoming fluff?

If you follow the link it links to crisis suit store page :P . Yes crisis suit are the best example of T'au inability to adapt.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Jan 31 2018 06:27

BibiFloris wrote:If you follow the link it links to crisis suit store page :P . Yes crisis suit are the best example of T'au inability to adapt.

Opinion time- they are the best example of Tau inability to adapt. All guns have the same range and Manta Strike as the only viable tactic makes XV8s somewhat of an tactically-inflexible unit right now. :neutral:

That said, great little piece of writing!

ROFLTau
Shas

Post#8 » Jan 31 2018 07:27

Arka0415 wrote:
BibiFloris wrote:If you follow the link it links to crisis suit store page :P . Yes crisis suit are the best example of T'au inability to adapt.

Opinion time- they are the best example of Tau inability to adapt. All guns have the same range and Manta Strike as the only viable tactic makes XV8s somewhat of an tactically-inflexible unit right now. :neutral:

That said, great little piece of writing!

They are not the best right now, true, and their range does not live up to what Tau really ought to be, but that's all issues with the rules as they are now. I think Bibifloris is right, in that GW means for Crisis suits to be our most adaptable, though current rules and statlines do not reflect that.

armisael
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 31 2018 09:17

Just curious, had the sequent of codex release been shown in the LVO. or it is just sequent of presentation?

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jan 31 2018 09:35

armisael wrote:Just curious, had the sequent of codex release been shown in the LVO. or it is just sequent of presentation?

They evaded the question when some asked on the Facebook page.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#11 » Feb 01 2018 01:40

armisael wrote:Just curious, had the sequent of codex release been shown in the LVO. or it is just sequent of presentation?

Thousand suns -> Eldar -> tau -> necrons
If I am not mistaken this was posted on warhammer community or BoLS.

Darksilver
Shas

Post#12 » Feb 01 2018 06:20

I still haven't seen anything that says what order they are releasing the Codexes. As far as I know its all just speculation until someone has a source. BoLS hardly gets anything right. Guess we will find out in the next week?

HivMnd
Shas

Post#13 » Feb 01 2018 07:06

steelmanf wrote:I also found interesting explicit mention of the 4th and 5th Spheres of Expansion. Why mention those if they don't wind up featuring in the upcoming fluff?

Well according to the Blood Angels' codex a Tau colonisation fleet is operating in the vicinity of the Baal system.
So either the 4th expansion (or part of) are back in real space or the Tau have come a long way in regards to FTL travel.

Personally I believe this is to make the Tau a more widely available tool for writing and narrative play, and not just being confined to a single corner of the galaxy.

Shas'O Fred
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 01 2018 09:02

BibiFloris wrote:

BoLS rumor, but I haven't seen anyone else report the same nor did they have a source, so could be wild speculation too.

At this point, from what I gather, we don't actually know anything other then our codex is coming, presumably in March.

Shas'O Fred
Shas

Post#15 » Feb 01 2018 09:04

steelmanf wrote:Also, "inability to adapt"? :roll:

If you have ever read the "Imperial Infantry Man's Primer" Then you will get it. Its chock full of stuff like that. Orks are bulky, but its just fat and they are no stronger then a guardsman and a single placed lasgun will down them with ease. There is also one line along the lines that Tau weapons look pretty, but largely have no effect... Its pretty funny for sure!

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#16 » Feb 01 2018 09:10

Shas'O Fred wrote:
steelmanf wrote:Also, "inability to adapt"? :roll:

If you have ever read the "Imperial Infantry Man's Primer" Then you will get it. Its chock full of stuff like that. Orks are bulky, but its just fat and they are no stronger then a guardsman and a single placed lasgun will down them with ease. There is also one line along the lines that Tau weapons look pretty, but largely have no effect... Its pretty funny for sure!

That stuff's great. Personal favorite:

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#17 » Feb 01 2018 09:17

Shas'O Fred wrote:
BibiFloris wrote:

BoLS rumor, but I haven't seen anyone else report the same nor did they have a source, so could be wild speculation too.

At this point, from what I gather, we don't actually know anything other then our codex is coming, presumably in March.

The source for my that makes it convincing is the order they are shown in this picture.
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/LVOPresentation-Jan25-Codex1rfh.jpg
Becaus dark elder is in fronth and tau is behind there. In all anouncment pictures the first codex realeasd is in the front and then in decending order. It could be coinsedance or planned. (If I have time I will collect the other anouncment pictures and post them)

Return to “General Discussion”