killteam

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Re: killteam

Post#19 » Feb 02 2018 04:48

Yojimbob wrote:I actually really like Missile Pods in KT but sadly they are expensive. CIB's may still be the way to go here and you can rid yourself of 3 models of your choosing every turn AND still kill tanks. But if you can throw MP's in there, I would. Range is king in small skirmish style missions.

Speaking of range, SMS is actually good in killteam. Sure it has crappy stats, but you can hide behind cover and keep shooting, something that you can't do in larger games :P

gunrock
Shas

Post#20 » Feb 02 2018 05:57

Yojimbob wrote:I actually really like Missile Pods in KT but sadly they are expensive. CIB's may still be the way to go here and you can rid yourself of 3 models of your choosing every turn AND still kill tanks. But if you can throw MP's in there, I would. Range is king in small skirmish style missions.

I like MP too, but given the restrictions I don't think that's feasible. MP on XV-8 both with and without ATS is just horrible. With such low AP, and lower rate of fire, MP is garbage against GEQ and MEQ, which is presumably the most likely targets. If you could take a commander, absolutely. MP commander would be brutal.
All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; Unto the place whither the rivers go, Thither they go again.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Feb 02 2018 08:41

gunrock wrote:

I like MP too, but given the restrictions I don't think that's feasible. MP on XV-8 both with and without ATS is just horrible. With such low AP, and lower rate of fire, MP is garbage against GEQ and MEQ, which is presumably the most likely targets. If you could take a commander, absolutely. MP commander would be brutal.

I don't think HQs are allowed in killteam. Or models with more than 3 wounds :/

Return to “General Discussion”