killteam

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Darthi
Shas

killteam

Post#1 » Feb 01 2018 10:25

Me and some Friends want to make a Killteam Game with 250points the rules Are:
-You may take a model withe The vechicle keyword for every ten models without The keyword.
-each model may have a maximum armor save of 3+
-each model may have a maximum wounds of 3 +(for vechicles 10+)
-each model may not habe a netter inv save than 4+
-models that can any only used once in The army Are forbidden
-you may not use command Points before battle

I have a Riptide,crisis,xv25,pathfinder,strike team, ethearel(I hope i wrote it right) and a hammerhead and a dew drones.

Cgreeves
Shas

Re: killteam

Post#2 » Feb 01 2018 10:38

Are you looking for help with a list? If I were you I would look at taking a cyclic ion commander and fill the rest out on drones

Commander with 3 CIB AND ATS 154pts
2 marker drones 20

9 gun drones 72

246 pts

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 01 2018 10:41

Sorry i didn’t see the max wounds.

You could try something similar with the crisis suits

2 xv8 with 2 CIB + ATS 192
7 gun drones 56

248 total

Darthi
Shas

Post#4 » Feb 01 2018 10:44

Cgreeves wrote:Sorry i didn’t see the max wounds.

7 gun drones 56

248 total

Thanks for The reply forgot to mention that I want help with The list. And for The First I don't even have a commander

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 01 2018 10:49

You can use an XV8 model as a commander. Until a couple of years ago they were the same model :)

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 01 2018 10:56

I had some succes with 2 stealthsuits (and a DC) and drones combined with some fire warriors as support fire on a 200 point level

Darthi
Shas

Post#7 » Feb 01 2018 11:05

StealthKnightSteg wrote:I had some succes with 2 stealthsuits (and a DC) and drones combined with some fire warriors as support fire on a 200 point level

Could you post The list please

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#8 » Feb 01 2018 11:15

If using a drone controller I would use drones only instead of fire warriors (models permitting)

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 01 2018 03:21

Darthi wrote:
StealthKnightSteg wrote:I had some succes with 2 stealthsuits (and a DC) and drones combined with some fire warriors as support fire on a 200 point level

5 Strike Team Fire Warriors, 1 Shash'ui (ML and pistol) (so 6) - 51 pts
Tactical Drones: 5 Gun drones, 2 Shield Drones, 2 Marker Drones - 76 pts
1 Stealthsuit Burst Cannon - ATS; 1 Stealthsuit Shas'vre (my leader) Burst Cannon - Drone Controler 73 pts
Total: 200 pts

So the idea was to use the Strike Team as long range support while the stealth suits with the drones move up to clear the field with loads of fire power Some ML around to get a needed re-roll 1's and Shield Drones to keep my Shas'vre Stealth suit save if he get's hit past the -1 to hit :)

here is the thread about it viewtopic.php?f=48&t=26991

Darthi
Shas

Post#10 » Feb 01 2018 04:01

StealthKnightSteg wrote:
Darthi wrote:

5 Strike Team Fire Warriors, 1 Shash'ui (ML and pistol) (so 6) - 51 pts
Tactical Drones: 5 Gun drones, 2 Shield Drones, 2 Marker Drones - 76 pts
1 Stealthsuit Burst Cannon - ATS; 1 Stealthsuit Shas'vre (my leader) Burst Cannon - Drone Controler 73 pts
Total: 200 pts

So the idea was to use the Strike Team as long range support while the stealth suits with the drones move up to clear the field with loads of fire power Some ML around to get a needed re-roll 1's and Shield Drones to keep my Shas'vre Stealth suit save if he get's hit past the -1 to hit :)

here is the thread about it http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewt ... 48&t=26991

Thanks mate

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Feb 01 2018 04:56

Cgreeves wrote:Sorry i didn’t see the max wounds.

7 gun drones 56

248 total

Pro tip:
Taking an extra weapon is actually always better than getting ATS. Even if it's a burst cannon or a plasma rifle.
Only ever take ATS if it does not replace a weapon, like with the coldstar.

Cgreeves
Shas

Post#12 » Feb 01 2018 05:44

Temennigru wrote:
Pro tip:
Taking an extra weapon is actually always better than getting ATS. Even if it's a burst cannon or a plasma rifle.
Only ever take ATS if it does not replace a weapon, like with the coldstar.

I thought the drones would be better for ablaitive wounds and I like my suit loadouts to match so at 250 pts I figured that was best.

Also I really like the ats with CIB’s I know that mathematically it’s not quite as good but I really just like the additional -ap

gunrock
Shas

Post#13 » Feb 01 2018 07:32

So to be honest I don’t know kill team that well as a format, but felt compelled to throw out some ideas. Just based on what you have and what weapons here’s a thought on a starting list:

XV8 – Flamer x3 (69)
Strike team (5x) – 5x pulse rifle (40)
Pathfinder team (6x) – 3x pulse rifle, 3x ion rifle (60)
Tactical drones (5x) – 10x pulse carbine (40)
249 points

Notes: XV-8 with flamer is one of the cheapest loadouts and devastating against infantry, and seems to benefit from this format. The gun drones can advance forward and screen the xv-8. The inclusion of a DC is a nice thought, but may not outweigh the benefit of the third flamer. Strike teams are definitely still useful and you’re likely to get some utility out of their range. Ion rifles are a good additional infantry killer giving you ready access to 30’’ range and some AP and higher AP.

The easy amendments from there are, Breacher teams instead of strike if you have access to them, and taking a smaller quantity of rail rifles which could be very useful. I know it’s not available, but I think Vespid would be amazing in kill team lists, hyper mobile, deep striking, infantry with 18’’ weapons with solid AP, perfectly suited to the format.

Still thinking about the XV-25 build.

Thoughts?
All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; Unto the place whither the rivers go, Thither they go again.

Darthi
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 02 2018 12:35

gunrock wrote:So to be honest I don’t know kill team that well as a format, but felt compelled to throw out some ideas. Just based on what you have and what weapons here’s a thought on a starting list:

XV8 – Flamer x3 (69)
249 points

Notes: XV-8 with flamer is one of the cheapest loadouts and devastating against infantry, and seems to benefit from this format. The gun drones can advance forward and screen the xv-8. The inclusion of a DC is a nice thought, but may not outweigh the benefit of the third flamer. Strike teams are definitely still useful and you’re likely to get some utility out of their range. Ion rifles are a good additional infantry killer giving you ready access to 30’’ range and some AP and higher AP.

The easy amendments from there are, Breacher teams instead of strike if you have access to them, and taking a smaller quantity of rail rifles which could be very useful. I know it’s not available, but I think Vespid would be amazing in kill team lists, hyper mobile, deep striking, infantry with 18’’ weapons with solid AP, perfectly suited to the format.

Thoughts?

Should work. we have one AM Player, one necron Player, 2 Space marine and one thousand sind army

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Feb 02 2018 02:22

Darthi wrote:
gunrock wrote:So to be honest I don’t know kill team that well as a format, but felt compelled to throw out some ideas. Just based on what you have and what weapons here’s a thought on a starting list:

XV8 – Flamer x3 (69)
249 points

Thoughts?

Should work. we have one AM Player, one necron Player, 2 Space marine and one thousand sind army

If you are going the flamer's way, don't forget to use your free advances :P

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Feb 02 2018 03:28

3 Flamers might be to much I think.. As all your models in Kill team operate individually.. to let 3 flamers on a XV8 shine you really need 3 targets within 8" and I don't see that happening often.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Feb 02 2018 01:27

StealthKnightSteg wrote:3 Flamers might be to much I think.. As all your models in Kill team operate individually.. to let 3 flamers on a XV8 shine you really need 3 targets within 8" and I don't see that happening often.

I'm with this guy. I'd take 2 ion blasters and one flamer.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Feb 02 2018 03:49

I actually really like Missile Pods in KT but sadly they are expensive. CIB's may still be the way to go here and you can rid yourself of 3 models of your choosing every turn AND still kill tanks. But if you can throw MP's in there, I would. Range is king in small skirmish style missions.

Return to “General Discussion”