Starting an Army

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
TautallyRadical
Shas

Starting an Army

Post#1 » Feb 08 2018 11:36

Hi, just recently some of my friends and I picked up the Dark Imperium box. We really loved playing with it and decided that we wanted to all buy into our own armies. Tau look absolutely awesome, and I've been trying to learn more about how they play and which figures to buy. I was excited to find this website full of dedicated users and thought that this would be the best way to find out more. Please bear with me, and thank you for any responses. Most importantly, I'm looking for a cheap place to start, so no riptides or a squad of hammerheads.

- I've read about and watched the "commander spam" strategy, probably will be changed in the new codex? I'm not sure if I should wait to buy anything until the new codex drops. Remember, I am a complete new person, so I don't know much. Currently, I am thinking that I'll pick up the Start Collecting Box with the Fireblade Cadre and a Pathfinder Team. I love the idea of the markerlights. Is this a good way to start? I'm looking to make a 500 point army.

- I saw that a lot of people magnetize their suits. Considering that I don't have many tools available, this sounds like an extremely difficult, dangerous, and expensive task. Do I need to magnetize to avoid future regret, or will all weapons (other than flamer) be atleast playable? (Note: I love aesthetics, but I also want a strong army that wins)

- What weapons are best to put on Crisis Suits? What I've seen so far is that the team should fill a role my army doesn't already cover. I'm into a strategy based on range and cover, so the firewarrior teams look really exciting to me, thus my initial thought was to suit them up with rocket pods and fusion blasters. Are cyclic ion blasters good, do fusion blasters work the same way on crisis suits as commanders, and should I wait until after the codex?

- What paints are best for someone on a budget? I did my own research and saw that Vellajo paints received a lot of praise, but they don't look like that much of a savings. What about Reaper Master Series?

Thank you for reading this and thank you for all of your advice. As I said, I am completely new to the game and am looking for a cheaper entrance, so all input is welcomed.

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Re: Starting an Army

Post#2 » Feb 08 2018 12:07

Let me be the first to say welcome!

We all want to play on a budget and the start collecting box is absolutely the best place to start I recently bought one to bolster my army and honestly I only wanted the firewarriors but it's such a good deal for the extra crisis suits, and the ethereal.

In terms of magnetizing the weapons it depends how heavily you care about aesthetics I didn't drill holes for my magnets just used thin ones and although it leaves a small gap between the weapons and the suit it's not massively visible at table playing level (though you can notice it of you pick the model up) but otherwise isn't particularly expensive or difficult to magnetize them.

Alternatively whilst learning why not assemble them but leave all weapons unattached on the suits and just play them as "counts as" with your friends while learning the rules and waiting for the codex before making a decision on what to give them?

Also for the fire warriors I would suggest building them as pulse rifle warriors not breachers to begin with and I built my ds8 turret as missile pod instead of SMS because you have plenty of str5 shooting already and get same number of shots within 15" for 2 firewarriors which are cheaper and better BS.

I hope this helps, let us know if you need any more information and what you decide upon in the end :nice:

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 08 2018 12:18

(tl:dr look at Nymphomanius' post above, looks like they submitted the same things as me as i was typing mine out, drat)
Hi Tautally Radical (nice name by the way)

I recently started the game as a whole just over a month ago, so was pretty much asking the same questions as you were back then.

Hopefully will be able to pass on what i have found in that time to you:

Sets to buy:
START COLLECTING SET. Sorry for over emphasising but it is that good. Thats what i started off with. you get 10 pathfinders (can field as 1x10 or 2x5 man squads) and ethereal and 3 XV8 suits. I think you save 1/3 compared to getting the sets individually. You can make a 500pt army from just that. My next purchases were a pathfinder squad and another start collecting set. Havent built up the second ethereal, but everything else is built and can make a 1000pt list if i want to. Markerlights are really fun. I am considering converting my spare ethereal into a fireblade using spares from my sets, maybe thats an idea for you.

Im not too familiar with commander spam, but for friendly, local games the above should work fine.

Magnets:
I too saw comments on magnetising and quickly went for it myself. Only do the 6 XV8s, but doing that i don't have to worry about being limited to the weapons i have in one set. for example was suggested to make a 3 man xv8 squad using solely fusion blasters, need 9 weapons, but the set only had 4, so filled out the rest of the slots with other weapons. With magnets (short term gap use blu tac or similar) i can swap out the 5 other weapons when i get more blasters.
Look online/around for the stuff you need. I think I got the magnets, a pinvice drill and some superglue for less than £10. Practise on spare bits first before doing the main things. The current advice im receiving is that its best to add the magnets as you are building, but its not a big deal. I have my 6 XV8s all built, i will need to be careful not to snap off the arms by not pushing as hard with the drill, and i think one of the arms might be harder to do than the others but still manageable.
Another benefit of magnets is that you can experiment. Want to try something new: swap out the loadout, give it a shot, make a note of how it worked. If it worked, take note and pack away, if not, pack away. No suits wasted with bad loadouts. Also useful for the ever changing layout of the game, i.e. if the game nerfs your favourite weapon you wont be stuck holding models that can only proxy other weapons.
Difficult- not really, just practise on spares first, take it easy (metal eats into plastic nicely so don't have to push hard) try to avoid gluing for fingers together :)
Dangerous- not really. im using a pinvice drill which i turn using my hand. no need for electric drills spinning at 100s of rpm. again avoid gluing fingers, but practice helps
expensive- not really if you look around.

One thing to note with magnets is to make sure you maintain polarity between items if you want to be able to swap things between models rather than only being used on one arm of one model.

Loadouts:
Not quite my expertise, hopefully a more experienced member can help out here. The advice given to me should be that the squads should be dedicated to a type of weapon, i.e. anti infrantry or anti tank. not much use having long range guns and missiles on your models and then one guy who is pure short range flamer. My advice would be fusion blasters to take care of the armour that fire warriors cant, and maybe burst cannons for mass groups.
Flamers are good for mass groups (currently building my second team around them) but you said you were more for long range. (which is good as Tau cant seem to fight their way out of a paper bag).
Apparently Cyclic Ion Blasters (CIB) are good, but you only get one of them per commander set. I have seen sites selling off 3d printed versions if that takes your fancy.

On the topic of loadouts, remember that the firewarriors can essentially be made into two different forms. The first is a shorter range breacher team each equipped with a shotgun. Doesn't really fit with your planned play style, and what i have seen shouldnt really make up the bulk of your force, maybe a group here and there. The second is a strike team, each can be equipped with a carbine or rifle. ive made all of mine with the rifle (has a longer range, which may suit your style.)

Paints:
Cant really comment on paints. not much of an artist so needed all the help i can get so at least went with a system i can reference.

Sorry this is rather long, hope it helps. :biggrin:

TautallyRadical
Shas

Post#4 » Feb 08 2018 12:45

Thank you both for the responses! I am definitely onboard with magnetizing now. I wonder if I need to paint everything before adding magnets. Thoughts on the Cadre Fireblade? I planned on suiting my dudes up with pulse rifles either way. Also should I make all the drones with markerlights, some guns or shields? I don't really know the stats on these, but the markerlights seem really exciting.

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 08 2018 01:30

Welcome to ATT and to 40k! Just to add my input (which may duplicate some others)

TautallyRadical wrote: - I've read about and watched the "commander spam" strategy, probably will be changed in the new codex? I'm not sure if I should wait to buy anything until the new codex drops. Remember, I am a complete new person, so I don't know much. Currently, I am thinking that I'll pick up the Start Collecting Box with the Fireblade Cadre and a Pathfinder Team. I love the idea of the markerlights. Is this a good way to start? I'm looking to make a 500 point army.

Depending on the load out of your crisis suits that should give you a good 500-600pt list. As a tip, if you and your friends are all starting armies, try doing a sort of “builder league”. Set goals for each month for models to get built and painted, and then play some games with them. It can be “paint up to 250pts consisting of at least 1 HQ and 1 Troops”, then maybe “up to 500pts including a elite or fast attack”, and so on. Having goals helps keep you all motivated.

- I saw that a lot of people magnetize their suits. Considering that I don't have many tools available, this sounds like an extremely difficult, dangerous, and expensive task. Do I need to magnetize to avoid future regret, or will all weapons (other than flamer) be atleast playable? (Note: I love aesthetics, but I also want a strong army that wins)

About the only weapons not worth taking on a crisis suit right now are the Airburst Frag Projector and the Burst Cannon, mostly because we have better units that do similar damage for fewer points (Fire Warriors and Gun Drones). Flamers are one of the better weapons when you learn how best to use them.

That said, Tau are probably one of the armies where magnetisation helps most, because of the sheer number of different load outs for our suits, so it's well worth doing. It isn't actually that hard or expensive to so. You'll want 3x1mm magnets for crisis suits. To get started you ideally want the following:
- A small hand screwdriver with interchanagble hex bits. This allows you to get a set of drill bits like these to drill holes of the right size https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hakkin-13-Piec ... 0185P43X6/
- (Optional) A pin drill. I use GW's (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Drill) though any small hand drill that can do 1mm holes will do. This is optional as you can get away with a 1.5mm pilot hole (most hex sets only go down that far) but a 1mm hole gives a bit more accuracy (plus it's useful for other things such as pinning models with bits of wire, though you shouldn’t need that when you're starting)
- Superglue. Plastic glue only works plastic to plastic, so for magnets you need superglue
- Some 3x1mm Neodymium magnets (strength N40 or better). You can get these from all sorts of places online and usually costs less than £5 for 50 magnets

All you do is drill a pilot hole, widen it with a 3mm bit, stick a bit of superglue in, and then push a magnet in until it’s flush. Only hard bit is remembering to check polarity so any gun can stick to any magnetised point on the model. There are plenty of guides on here for how to magnetise specific models, or feel free to ask in a new thread and we'll be more than happy to help. You also ideally want to magnetise before painting (before even fully assembling as it's easier to do on small parts than on a built model).

And if you aren’t confident enough yet you can try sticking the guns on with blutac to begin with so they're easy to swap out!

- What weapons are best to put on Crisis Suits? What I've seen so far is that the team should fill a role my army doesn't already cover. I'm into a strategy based on range and cover, so the firewarrior teams look really exciting to me, thus my initial thought was to suit them up with rocket pods and fusion blasters. Are cyclic ion blasters good, do fusion blasters work the same way on crisis suits as commanders, and should I wait until after the codex?

Fusion blasters and missile pods would work well against tougher units (but they do cost the most points). Cyclic Ion Blasters are reasonable, depending on your play style and taste, but they're hard to come by (you only get them in commander kits). And all weapons work the same on the commander, it's just the commander has a 2+ BS vs 4+ on crisis suits. All that is likely to change in that regard with the codex is weapons may cost more for a commander vs a crisis suit. However, you likely won’t have got your initial 500pts done before the new codex comes out so you should be fine.

- What paints are best for someone on a budget? I did my own research and saw that Vellajo paints received a lot of praise, but they don't look like that much of a savings. What about Reaper Master Series?

For the most part it doesn't really matter, in either cost or quality. For a beginner I'd always say go with GW/Citadel paints. They're easier to find and their paint system is really good. Unless you've had experience in miniature painting before you're not going to notice the differences enough. As you get more advanced you'll be able to branch out more and discover that certain colours are better from certain companies (e.g. Vallejo's whites are meant to be a lot better than GW's, but GW has some extremely good Yellows). Another bonus is you can more closely follow GW's excellent painting videos on YouTube, though even if you go for other brands I'd highly recommend watching the videos, especially the tip of the day ones, as they are invaluable to new and experienced painters alike!

Also, here are some important tips for painting:
1. Don't fully build your models before painting. Some bits can be awkward to reach with a brush after (e.g the torso of a fire warrior if the gun is in the way). Try to build in sub assemblies so you can paint more easily, then assemble again later. Just remember, plastic glue doesn't bind against paint, so you either need to scrape paint off the contact points or use superglue instead
2. Always prime your model. You want to spray a proper primer on your model before painting, as the paint doesn’t stick to the plastic properly directly. GW's Chaos Black and Corax White sprays work really well (basic rule of thumb, use black for dark colour schemes, white for light colour schemes). Just remember to do short, quick bursts about 6” or so away from the model. You don’t want to obscure any detail by spraying too much on
3. Thin down your paints. No matter where you buy your paints from, they are not suitable to use directly out of the pot. You want to get some out onto a palette and then to thin it down a bit with water. You want it roughly the consistency of milk. This will take a while to perfect, and you'll find certain colours require more thinning down than others. But it will help you get a much nicer coat of paint on your minis.

And most importantly, always remember that you’re just starting out. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Don’t worry if you struggle with some aspect of painting. Don’t worry if you think “this could look better”. Everyone started where you are now, so just have fun. :D

Hope that all helps!

TautallyRadical
Shas

Post#6 » Feb 08 2018 04:05

Wow, thank you Pilky! Your advice on painting will be invaluable. My local GW gives out these individual Age of Sigmar minis, and my group was just painting each without basecoat or thinning paint. I gotta say, I don't think I would be comfortable drilling my models yet, so I might just stick to Nymphomanius's method of magnetizing. I love the goal idea, and am trying to get my crew on board with it. Thanks again for the help!

akaron79
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Feb 08 2018 04:28

Hi and welcome ATT!

Most has been said by other ATT members, but regarding load outs, you will find this quite useful:

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=27259&hilit=loadout

Do not be afraid of magnetizing at all. All you need is magnets and some tool (more or less adequate) to drill the holes. Just watch out polarities every time. Check always before glueing. Using "the stack" of magnets instead of dealing with magnets one by one, also helps.

Good luck and be patient ;)

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 08 2018 04:48

Pro tip:

If you want to spam commanders and still have units that are useful post-codex, get some start collecting boxes and use the crisis suits as commanders.

NEVER buy crisis suits by themselves.
The kit costs $75 and the start collecting box costs $85

In terms of weapons, cyclic ion blasters are our most versatile weapon, and fusion blasters are our strongest against vehicles. Flamers are excellent against infantry, but getting in close to use them is a challenge.
All the others are only OK in the index, but I'm sure they will get buffs in the codex.

If you are thinking about buying more specialized units and you are on a budget, I would suggest waiting for the codex, as there will be plenty of changes in it.

But if you like their sculpt and want to build them, I say go for it.
Last edited by Temennigru on Feb 08 2018 05:35, edited 2 times in total.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 08 2018 05:11

Welcome to the community!

First off, the most important thing, look around for game stores or online retailers who offer discount on the boxes, I use store in neighbouring country which sells everything for about 2/3 of GW webstore's prices and have them ship it to me, I've been told by FLGS owner that they get the models for 50% of the price they are supposed to be sold for, so It shouldn't be hard to find one depending on location

Getting start collecting box is great start, it will get you 3 crisis suits which are and always will be core of our army, especially as you can use them as commanders, and you get an etheral and box of fire warriors almost for free, which is just enough models to keep you busy till the codex drops, also box of pathfinders is good choice imo, as these will likely be important units in our codex

If you don't need/want the etheral, say you plan to use better etheral then stock one, or plan on getting another start collecting box, you can very easily kitbash fireblade out of him with just the parts from the box

About magnets, magnets before paint, its easier, you can work around some mistakes with the paint and don't need to repaint the parts after magnetizing
If you only plan to magnetize suits and not pathfinder weapons, you don't need to drill anything, the hands already have good indent in it, and with a little effort with knife or a tip of a file, you can easily make a slot for 3x2mm magnet there (just dit it few minutes ago) and superglue small steel plate (beercan) on the gun to attach it to the magnet, also magnets are cheap, just don't fall for some retailers selling them for ten times their price (almost made that mistake)

About colors, I would suggest going for Vallejo, afaik they aren't much more expensive then GW since they have better pigment (more concentrated paint), or so I heard, and they are better then GW not just in quality, but more importantly they use proper container, unlike the new GW paint containers are just awful, waste lot of paint and have a tendency to seal badly and dry out slowly, also you don't want to fight bad paint (not saying other paints are necessarily bad though), same goes for brushes, it's fine to use cheap brushes, but it might be hard to learn to paint properly (my paint was horrible and I had a lot of trouble till I found decent brush), so geeting one good budget brush and few cheap ones would be imo the best option

Most important of all, watch good youtube turtorials on painting, it will save you a lot of trouble, I would start with Tabletop minions and Next level painting, they have some good advices and videos where you can see how the painting process can be done effective and fast

Good luck with your hobbying

Edit: one thing I forgot to adress, drones, you don't need to glue em at all, they have vertical pins and indents that will hold it togeder just fine, there is no longer just one middlepiece for both marker and guns, so assemble both and switch them as needed, just be gentle to them and move them by grabbing the base till you glue it
Last edited by Beerson on Feb 08 2018 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

steelmanf
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 08 2018 05:26

Hello, TautallyRadical!

Here some more advice to round out the answers to your questions. I'll be brief, I promise!

Markerlights: use them! They are the boost we need to increase our firepower against other armies that hit on 3+

Fire Warriors: Pulse Rifles are your bread and butter. Carbines don't really provide any benefit most of the time, and Breacher Team Pulse Blasters are too short ranged and you'll have a tough time getting in range for now.

Cadre Fireblade: Like your Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles? This guy can be invaluable. First off, use his 2+ BS on his Markerlight, it's a great way to get that first light on a unit you want to shoot at. And if your Fire Warriors get to 15" range, they get 3 shots a piece, 50% more than they normally would get at that range.

Magnetization: Love that I did it, wasn't too hard. You can certainly forgo drilling if you want, but its not that hard/expensive. It'll look fine if you don't drill in though, I think. Also, if not drilling, I'd glue the magnets on before painting, that way you're not dependent on the paint sticking to the model AND the glue sticking to the paint.

Start Collecting box: YES!

Cheap paints: I may just get shunned but I just bought some cheap stuff from Joann's.

XV-8 Loadouts: Exactly as you suggested, fill the roles that still need filled. Generally, try to go for anti-tank, or mass anti-infantry, or anti-elite infantry. Spreading your loadout across multiple rolls may result in firing some weapons at a less optimal target since nothing else is in range (i.e. firing a flamer at a tank). Personally, I like Cyclic Ion Blasters as they fill the anti-elite and anti-tank roles surprisingly well (but again, as other mentioned, hard to come by). Experiment.

Drones: At this early in your games, I'd stick with Gun Drones. The extra firepower will be worth it. They all have their place, but each drone would get 4 shots a piece. Running a drone controller can help them out, too. Tip: your Cadre Fireblade works with Gun Drones, as well. If they are close enough to him, and within 9" of their target, each of their guns gets an extra shot, or 2 extra shots per drone!

Ummm....brief enough? Tried not to go over previously covered territory too much. Also, I only started WH40K last summer, myself, but hope I helped anyway.

Hope to see you around here and to hear about your experiences in the future!

pilky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Feb 08 2018 05:47

TautallyRadical wrote:Wow, thank you Pilky! Your advice on painting will be invaluable. My local GW gives out these individual Age of Sigmar minis, and my group was just painting each without basecoat or thinning paint. I gotta say, I don't think I would be comfortable drilling my models yet, so I might just stick to Nymphomanius's method of magnetizing. I love the goal idea, and am trying to get my crew on board with it. Thanks again for the help!

No worries. And yeah, just gluing in without drilling is certainly a great place to start. Also gives the bonus that if you do wish to drill them in at a later point it's easy to get them off with a craft knife. My initial foray into drilling minis was pinning parts (putting a small bit of metal rod in, usually a cut paper clip, to help secure a potentially weak joint before gluing) which is generally unseen so easier and less risky to start with, but you're a way off needing even that :)

And I forgot to link to a good “getting started” set of videos https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE ... w4sbDeoy6t These will teach you the basics of priming, base coating, shading, drybrushing, and layering, so well worth you and your friends watching. And then of course the rest of the channel has loads of other tips and videos (including a “How to build and paint Dark Imperium” set that might interest you and your friends https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE ... bLvq1nW7ba )

TautallyRadical
Shas

Post#12 » Feb 08 2018 08:49

Everyone, thanks for your comments! I found what looks like a great site to buy CIBs and Fusion Blasters: https://www.shapeways.com/product/A3RN8 ... d=63483110. Now I'm less sure about what kind of magnets I want to use; Beerson, your method sounds pretty simple and effective. And akaron, thanks for linking me to that forum with loadouts. As for painting, after watching some of the videos, I think that I might just stick with GW paints. Kinda pricey, but I already have the Dark Imperium Paint set that came with my cutters, and I probably only need some paints to get the "sept" (the tan and dark red) color scheme. Thanks again for all of the help, I'm probably going to get a Start Collecting box this evening from Amazon!

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Feb 09 2018 04:40

everything was said before, but would like to add one more plus

The DS8 turret you can pin the SMS and the Missile Pod very easily. Also involves a bit of drilling (1mm) and a paperclip and your cutter. That way you can swap out between the 2 very easily.
Drill hole in SMS bit put bit of paperclip in (super glue). Nudge it on the turret so it leaves a small indent, drill there and cut the pin to appropriate length put a new piece of paperclip in the hole of the turret and indent the missile pod at the correct point.. drill en glue the pin in place (keep correct lengths of the pins). never glue the pin in the hole of the turret. Or if you do for 1 pin then never glue the holes in the SMS and missile pod..
I choose to do the pins in the SMS and missile pod so I can pin them on a storage bar for easy keeping.

TautallyRadical
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 09 2018 07:18

Thanks, StealthKnightSteg. I saw the same thing done with the biggest figure's weapon, the 'Stormsurge', I think its called. Looks like I'll be shelling out some cash for a hand drill and bits to magnetize the XV8 Crisis Suits, might as well make this modification as well.

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Feb 09 2018 04:15

TautallyRadical wrote:Thanks, StealthKnightSteg. I saw the same thing done with the biggest figure's weapon, the 'Stormsurge', I think its called. Looks like I'll be shelling out some cash for a hand drill and bits to magnetize the XV8 Crisis Suits, might as well make this modification as well.

Our largest model is actually the manta, with the taunar supremacy coming in second.
Stormsurge is our biggest GW model.
If you didn't know forgeworld, I suggest you take a look at their models. They have some of our coolest kits.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/FW-Home
Although resin kits are something that I don't recommend for beginners, since they are harder to build.
Duncan covered that pretty well in a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNAjik9S80

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#16 » Feb 09 2018 06:50

Couple of quick things:

Drones:
I didn't fully make up the drones. I stuck together their "heads" (disc and choice of antennae) and their "bodies" (gun, marker, shield, etc variants) but not between those. Found nearly all of the time that just pushing them together worked fine, and could swap out different bodies if I wanted to. sort of magnetising without the magnets.

Forge world:
As a newcomer im sticking well clear of forge world for the time being. Mainly because they are so expensive (manta is their second most expensive unit at £1000) and also because im a tad sceptical about the quality, hearing a fair number of stories about "failcast". Also not the best painter, so want some practise before trying a set which I only really want to buy once.

Cant remember if I put this in my first post: got a 500pt army from 1 start collecting set, and a 1000pt army from two start collecting sets and a pathfinder team. (points difference come from vx8 loadouts). just a thought if/when you choose to expand. :)

Temennigru
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Feb 09 2018 06:58

Nitrogue wrote:
Forge world:
As a newcomer im sticking well clear of forge world for the time being. Mainly because they are so expensive (manta is their second most expensive unit at £1000) and also because im a tad sceptical about the quality, hearing a fair number of stories about "failcast". Also not the best painter, so want some practise before trying a set which I only really want to buy once.

Cant remember if I put this in my first post: got a 500pt army from 1 start collecting set, and a 1000pt army from two start collecting sets and a pathfinder team. (points difference come from vx8 loadouts). just a thought if/when you choose to expand. :)

That is actually a misconception. While FW is indeed more expensive than GW, it is not by a lot. Most of their really expensive stuff is only expensive because they are HUGE models. Similarly sized models are very similar in price between FW and GW. Y'vahra, for instance, is $110, while good ol' riptide is $85. Only $25 more, which you are using to pay for the extra resin pieces (it comes with a full riptide + extra resin bits to convert to a y'vahra)

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#18 » Feb 09 2018 07:12

Fair point, my bad. I suppose a riptide seems just as far away for a beginner when you can spend the same amount on a box set as you can on a riptide/y'vahra.

Return to “General Discussion”