Why TAU?

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Doombringer
Drill Shas
Drill Shas

Post#37 » Nov 19 2006 04:37

I loved the art style and units, and the kicker was finding out it was one of the more flexible/dynamic armies in the game that actually required thought to play! :eek:

Needless to say, i never looked back. ;)

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#38 » Nov 19 2006 07:35

I was originally drawn to the Tau because they were the exact opposite of my Space Wolves. On top of that, having never been a big fan (and hence, never really watched it) of anime, I liked the smooth, clean, elegeant and practical lines combined into single forms. They are simple and efficient. The sheer amount of capability packed into the crisis suits is astounding, especially when compared to other units of comparable cost and loadout. The vehicles are designed with survivability in mind, and the destructive potential of the rail and ion cannon is unparalleled.

The backstory is awesome, and the concept of a government so completely supported by its population and working so well is incredibly appealing, considering how foreign the actual concept is. The actions are so much easier to visualize when reading fan fiction, especially when you've seen the models painted by the people who are writing. *coughWhiteKnightcough*

The fire warriors are simple and easily painted, and with a minimum of "decoration." It really reminds me of today's uniforms, with just enough markings to denote unit, rank, and position, and at the same time effective in the field (when painted that way, anyway :D ).

Anyway, that's what drew me.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#39 » Nov 20 2006 04:59

I saw a box of FireWarriors. They just looked too cool.
I love the tactical versitility of them, how many suit combinations there are and RAILGUNS! :evil:
Broadside are one of my favourite units, and I often tell my opponent that his battle cannon can't hurt me, Cause it's the only model in my army with a 2+ save! Yay!
I owned Tau models 3 years ago (only 1 squad) and I stopped playing after a while (never played properly anyway). I later came back into it this year when I went into our local retailer and seen the FW's on the shelf...
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

Shas'el Sneakycrumb
Shas

Post#40 » Nov 20 2006 11:15

I like Tau, mainly because after playing Marines for a long time (about 10 years) its a nice change, also its one of the armies that makes sense.

It does what it does, and does it well. It doesnt waste time trying to be good at everything and focuses on tis strength.

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#41 » Nov 21 2006 06:37

I would also like to add that we have a catchy warcry:

FOR THE GREATER GOOD! :P
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

Holtzmann
Fio

Post#42 » Nov 21 2006 06:54

Luckily, that particular warcry won't become a Waaaaaaagh! of sorts.

God help us if it does! :roll:
I am the poster formerly known as Omega2.

Doombringer
Drill Shas
Drill Shas

Post#43 » Nov 21 2006 07:13

I am guilty of saying it aloud on more than one occasion... :roll:

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#44 » Nov 21 2006 07:23

Doombringer wrote:I am guilty of saying it aloud on more than one occasion... :roll:

"Ditto". It is certainly fun to say in your opponents face :D
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

Holtzmann
Fio

Post#45 » Nov 21 2006 07:57

Well, at least if a bunch of Tau players should that out loud, people will just think we're some kind of hare krishna fanatics or something like that, instead of just crazy like the Waaaaagh! boyz! :P
I am the poster formerly known as Omega2.

Omar al-Askari
Shas

Post#46 » Nov 21 2006 10:03

Thats where my sig came from... playing other Tau players.

Of course, every time someone comes out with their warcry (Waaagh, For the Emperor, whatever) I just smile and motion towards a rail gun.
Farsight Enclaves - Our Good is Greaterer Than Yours

Return to “General Discussion”