Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Kerrygan
Shas'Saal
Posts: 122

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#109 » Jan 30 2018 05:00

Eiglepulper wrote:Threadomancy par excellence here (well, as an 'O rank I suppose I might just get away with it if the Founder Members don't spot it!), but just as an FYI the Poor Poor Space Mole Men are STILL in vogue on this day in history, 11 years after their inception. Keep your eyes open, folks - the rule about the Thread Take-over still remains active. You have been warned.

Carry on, carry on.

Eiglepulper.


Hello Eigle, I'm not a native English and I'm failing to understand what you are saying.
Can you re write your statement in a simpler form?
Thank you!

User avatar
Temennigru
Shas'Saal
Posts: 391

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#110 » Jan 30 2018 05:02

Kerrygan wrote:
Eiglepulper wrote:Threadomancy par excellence here (well, as an 'O rank I suppose I might just get away with it if the Founder Members don't spot it!), but just as an FYI the Poor Poor Space Mole Men are STILL in vogue on this day in history, 11 years after their inception. Keep your eyes open, folks - the rule about the Thread Take-over still remains active. You have been warned.

Carry on, carry on.

Eiglepulper.


Hello Eigle, I'm not a native English and I'm failing to understand what you are saying.
Can you re write your statement in a simpler form?
Thank you!

I think he means reviving threads is against the rules
In other forums this was called thread necromancy instead of threadomancy
Or maybe he's talking about veering off-topic
Pretty sure they are both against the rules :P

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal
Posts: 122

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#111 » Jan 30 2018 08:38

Temennigru wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:
Eiglepulper wrote:Threadomancy par excellence here (well, as an 'O rank I suppose I might just get away with it if the Founder Members don't spot it!), but just as an FYI the Poor Poor Space Mole Men are STILL in vogue on this day in history, 11 years after their inception. Keep your eyes open, folks - the rule about the Thread Take-over still remains active. You have been warned.

Carry on, carry on.

Eiglepulper.


Hello Eigle, I'm not a native English and I'm failing to understand what you are saying.
Can you re write your statement in a simpler form?
Thank you!

I think he means reviving threads is against the rules
In other forums this was called thread necromancy instead of threadomancy
Or maybe he's talking about veering off-topic
Pretty sure they are both against the rules :P


But I don't understand.
He was who did the Necrothreadmanciplasmaburstcannon.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 3213

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#112 » Jan 30 2018 08:41

Kerrygan wrote:But I don't understand.
He was who did the Necrothreadmanciplasmaburstcannon.

This is an old joke thread, from many, many years ago. Eiglepulper posted in it so it would "bump" up and more people could see it again, just to be funny.

User avatar
Draco023
Shas'Saal
Posts: 107

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#113 » Jan 30 2018 09:35

Oh man, I remember this thread from the first time around, back when I was just lurking! So weird to see it again.

HivMnd
Shas
Posts: 6

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#114 » Jan 31 2018 05:05

I'm confused. I thought space ninjas were a faction of hobgrot, with units being invisible until their model count is reduced below 20 by space back-harikiri, and then invisible again when it reaches a single model due to the concentration of ninjutsu as a result of the conservation of ninjutsu.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 177

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#115 » Jan 31 2018 05:09

I read the first page of this thinking it was serious and wondering how it got so big while I was sleeping, then I noticed the dates.

I didn't notice if anyone had mentioned that there is a HEAVY amount of Stargate SG-1 material ripped off in the T'au codex, including Farsights name and the entire T'au language (it's unmistakably 'ancient'/lantean).

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 3213

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#116 » Jan 31 2018 06:33

PeeJ wrote:I didn't notice if anyone had mentioned that there is a HEAVY amount of Stargate SG-1 material ripped off in the T'au codex, including Farsights name and the entire T'au language (it's unmistakably 'ancient'/lantean).

Interesting! Our resident Tau'sia expert, Tauman, would be interested to hear about that!

User avatar
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 681
Contact:

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#117 » Jan 31 2018 07:05

Arka0415 wrote: PeeJ wrote:
I didn't notice if anyone had mentioned that there is a HEAVY amount of Stargate SG-1 material ripped off in the T'au codex, including Farsights name and the entire T'au language (it's unmistakably 'ancient'/lantean).


Interesting! Our resident Tau'sia expert, Tauman, would be interested to hear about that!


I'm a fan of SG-1, but not hardcore enough to know all the lore from the show. So, I'd like to see the "evidence", not that I don't believe PeeJ, it's that I don't know exactly what he's referencing.

I was thinking the Tau physically look like the Trade Federation from the first three Star Wars movies.

Abbc3 Offtopic
I wouldn't mind GW nicking all their ideas for WH40K lore from other scifi franchises, it's kind of an homage to see bits of the Lensmen series, Dune, Star Wars, (and apparently SG-1) in the grimdark universe. But GW is so litigious, suing over any little thing the vaguely resembles their IP. It really takes the joy out of playing the game sometimes. But we can always count on the boys at Flashgitz to have an answer, Inside GW. Still waiting for the Disney Corporation to slap a "cease and desist" order on GW for their rip off of Star Wars material. :P


TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

User avatar
Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre
Posts: 416

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#118 » Jan 31 2018 07:10

Everyone, please remain on topic. As Eiglepulper clearly stated, the rule regarding the thread take-over remains in place. This topic is to be used for discussion of Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men only.

Definitely the Forum Rules wrote:Space Pirates, in fact, the whole Poor, Poor Space Mole Men Army list is totally exempt from any forum's requirements to stay on topic. As soon as they are mentioned, they become the topic and subsequent mentions of the original topic are in fact now off-topic and a hijack.
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 3213

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#119 » Jan 31 2018 07:22

Aun Tier wrote:Everyone, please remain on topic. As Eiglepulper clearly stated, the rule regarding the thread take-over remains in place. This topic is to be used for discussion of Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men only.
Definitely the Forum Rules wrote:Space Pirates, in fact, the whole Poor, Poor Space Mole Men Army list is totally exempt from any forum's requirements to stay on topic. As soon as they are mentioned, they become the topic and subsequent mentions of the original topic are in fact now off-topic and a hijack.

Argh, my fault! Back on track!

Has anyone had success against Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men in 8th Edition? I know some of their players are pretty bitter about not getting an update since 2007, but those Mega Tunneling Claws are still a viable choice I think.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 177

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#120 » Jan 31 2018 08:04

TauMan wrote:
Arka0415 wrote: PeeJ wrote:
I didn't notice if anyone had mentioned that there is a HEAVY amount of Stargate SG-1 material ripped off in the T'au codex, including Farsights name and the entire T'au language (it's unmistakably 'ancient'/lantean).


Interesting! Our resident Tau'sia expert, Tauman, would be interested to hear about that!


I'm a fan of SG-1, but not hardcore enough to know all the lore from the show. So, I'd like to see the "evidence", not that I don't believe PeeJ, it's that I don't know exactly what he's referencing.
[/offtopic]

TauMan


Here's the "Ancient"/Lantea alphabet;

Image

Here's the T'au alphabet

Image

They aren't identical, but the similarity/influence is unmistakable and in some cases, the forms are in fact identical but switched around.

Also, Teal'c is known to the Go'auld as "shol'va"... which means "Traitor" it's a bit more than coincidence.... Also, the apostrophe thing I'm doing here.

There's a lot of Stargate influence in there.

Not that I'm complaining, I love both universes. Hey, never know, T'aus answer to FTL may be hyperspace windows or artificial wormholes ;)

Sorry if this is off topic, I'm not entirely sure what the topic is about, the whole first page seems to be discussing T'au influences so... yeah thought I'd chip in some.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 3213

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#121 » Jan 31 2018 08:20

PeeJ wrote:Sorry if this is off topic, I'm not entirely sure what the topic is about, the whole first page seems to be discussing T'au influences so... yeah thought I'd chip in some.

This is the Mole Men thread! :D

User avatar
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 681
Contact:

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#122 » Jan 31 2018 08:55

The last BoLS rumor has the Mole Men included as auxiliary/ally in new 8th edition Squat codex; which they think will be released in late 2018 or early 2019.

BoLS wrote:Games Workshop is diffidently bringing back the beloved abhuman race the Squats! Release date is slated for November/December 2018! And this new version of the Space Dwarves have been given a total make over, called neither Squats nor Demiurge, they are have been renamed the Dwartfár. The lore of the Dwartfár parallels that of the older Squat lore, in that they remain an off-shoot of the ancient human race; including mining as one of their major occupations. However, that's were the similarity ends! Quote from the Games Workshop press release:

"The mysterious masters of technology and advanced robotics, the space faring Dwartfár control hordes of ancient, and heretofore unseen weaponry, too terrible to behold! Able to move through multiple dimensions with ease in their search for rare minerals and gems, the Dwartfár care not for the affairs of Mankind, the Aeldari, or the Tau. They are the sworn enemies of both the Orks and Necrons, and they will seek to destroy either if they encounter them! Otherwise, the Dwartfár keep to themselves, attending to their own business; unless provoked to action by a greedy Rogue Trader, or arrogant Farseer. The ancient race the Dwartfár will be an excellent addition to the line up of Warhammer 40,000 armies. Included in the Dwartfár will be a number of allied forces, including: The junkmen Tau of N'Dras, the time traveling Hrud, and the underground dwelling Weorpen Mannen." (3rd Edition Mole Men?)


Okay, I'll admit I am much more excited by the new Squats than any resurrection of the Mole Men, but who knows maybe the Weorpen Mannen are the new Mole Men? :roll:

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

User avatar
Temennigru
Shas'Saal
Posts: 391

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#123 » Jan 31 2018 02:54

TauMan wrote:The last BoLS rumor has the Mole Men included as auxiliary/ally in new 8th edition Squat codex; which they think will be released in late 2018 or early 2019.

BoLS wrote:Games Workshop is diffidently bringing back the beloved abhuman race the Squats! Release date is slated for November/December 2018! And this new version of the Space Dwarves have been given a total make over, called neither Squats nor Demiurge, they are have been renamed the Dwartfár. The lore of the Dwartfár parallels that of the older Squat lore, in that they remain an off-shoot of the ancient human race; including mining as one of their major occupations. However, that's were the similarity ends! Quote from the Games Workshop press release:

"The mysterious masters of technology and advanced robotics, the space faring Dwartfár control hordes of ancient, and heretofore unseen weaponry, too terrible to behold! Able to move through multiple dimensions with ease in their search for rare minerals and gems, the Dwartfár care not for the affairs of Mankind, the Aeldari, or the Tau. They are the sworn enemies of both the Orks and Necrons, and they will seek to destroy either if they encounter them! Otherwise, the Dwartfár keep to themselves, attending to their own business; unless provoked to action by a greedy Rogue Trader, or arrogant Farseer. The ancient race the Dwartfár will be an excellent addition to the line up of Warhammer 40,000 armies. Included in the Dwartfár will be a number of allied forces, including: The junkmen Tau of N'Dras, the time traveling Hrud, and the underground dwelling Weorpen Mannen." (3rd Edition Mole Men?)


Okay, I'll admit I am much more excited by the new Squats than any resurrection of the Mole Men, but who knows maybe the Weorpen Mannen are the new Mole Men? :roll:

TauMan

I can't find this on google. Is there a link?

User avatar
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 681
Contact:

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#124 » Jan 31 2018 03:33

Temennigru wrote:I can't find this on google. Is there a link?


I just checked and I can't find it either?!! It was there this morning 05:35am CST! :eek:

It must have been the Hrud, they're always playing hell with the space time continuum; and cause warp storms to pop up at just wrong time! Let's us hope the Divine Light of the Emperor, will shine through the beacon of the Astronomican, and guide the link back to Google. Unless of course the beam is disturbed by Anrakyr the Traveller, or maybe Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, decides to re-post it on BoLS.

TauMan
FREEDOM!

PS (You do know this is joke thread right?)
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre
Posts: 3213

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#125 » Jan 31 2018 07:05

TauMan wrote:
Temennigru wrote:I can't find this on google. Is there a link?


I just checked and I can't find it either?!! It was there this morning 05:35am CST! :eek:

You guys aren't seeing it? It's still up on the Warhammer Community page in Japan though. Here's a screenshot:

Image

User avatar
TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 681
Contact:

Re: Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Post#126 » Jan 31 2018 08:53

Wow! How did I ever miss this?! :P :P :P

Great job there Arka0415! Nice to know the Weorpen Mannen (Space Mole Men) are still around and kicking!

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bel'kro and 13 guests