Codex: Poor Poor Space Mole Men

Use this area for all discussions of the "gaming" aspect of 40K/Tau.
Ultramar40k
Kor

Post#73 » May 09 2007 11:47

Shas'o Amaliel:
You guys forgot space hari-kiri. Any round that the ninjas do not cause any wounds in an assault the ninjas must commit space hari-kiri and one model is automatically removed. Furthermore, any ninja killed by anything else commits space hari-kiri just before it happens so is worth no victory points.

Nice one. But you forgot to add: the Space Ninja player must shout "For Honor!" whenever this rule is in effect.
Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

Dal'yth Dude
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#74 » May 09 2007 01:08

Just so you know the space dolphins first appeared in 1980 in the Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society (vol 6). IIRC they were later expanded by Digest Group Publication's MegaTraveller Digest. The latter mentioned how dolphins were 'elevated' by the Solomani using genetic techniques. They use waldos to move around in a non-water environment.

Obviously, you guys are not being original here. I'm sure GDW lawyers are on their way. :fear:

Ultramar40k
Kor

Post#75 » May 09 2007 02:02

@Dal'yth Dude: No, we're talking about the other Space Dolphins.
Of the "won't get us sued" variety.
:P

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#76 » May 09 2007 03:17

Something tells me that this was spawned due to someone trying to create something in sci-fi that is totally original... :sad: the things I start, the things I start...
Tau overpowered? No, everyone else is under.

Doombringer
Drill Shas
Drill Shas

Post#77 » May 09 2007 08:14

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#78 » May 09 2007 09:52

@ Doombringer,

Wow! You do? So do I! Ninjas and Pirates forever! (But mostly ninjas)

Is Chuck Norris a ninja?

faol
Shas

Post#79 » May 09 2007 10:15

I have that odd feeling that a manta will be making a attack run sooner or later :neutral:
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#80 » May 09 2007 10:17

Lol. I remember that... didn't work the first time.

Poor ol' Tael.

Taipan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#81 » May 09 2007 10:32

guys, I am amazed. And no drugs involved in its making either :P truly the art of paralysing the brain has been mastered in this thread. Keep up the good work ;)

And dude, that fight between Chuck Norris and the assembled deities of 40k would take 30 seconds. The guy has to take break in between to do his ad for his new exercise machine :roll: :P

anyway, here is my alternative to the one man army of Chuck Norris;

Codex; Action Heroes

You buy a blister pack containing the Governator, Willis and Jet Li. They count as a single army. They have the following rules

The Governator;

Cyborg; There are only two things which can stop the Governator; weaklings and molten iron. If there are any T3 or less models on the board, the Governator will teleport beside them and spend the subsequent turn ripping them and any other squad members limb from limb. He may not attack any other unit, until all T3 units are dead. The Governator is totally impervious to anything except melta weapons, which wound him on a 4+.

Weapons; The Governator is armed with a S8 Assault 16 Rending minigun. In close combat, he causes four wounds for every successful roll to wound. He hits and wounds on a 2+ and ignores cover and armor saves. If the opponent uses an invulnerable saving throw, the Governator negates it on a 4+ (because wearing armor, hiding behind rubble and forcefields are for sissies!)

Willis;

Unbreakable; Willis cannot be killed; he can only reappear in sequels. If Willis is reduced to 0 wounds (he has 20), he teleports into reserve. If you buy "Hollywood hack" as a wargear option for +20 points, Willis reappears with 1 wound. He may only make half his attacks from his profile (to represent his reluctance to re-appear in the sequel)

Weapons; Willis counts as an Obliterator. Additionally, he may take weapons from models he has killed, and morph them at any time. Note; Willis may morph three weapons in a shooting phase, and four powerfists in close combat.

Jet Li;

Speedy; Jet Li is so fast, he'll ram your spine through your mouth and stab you through the heart before you can blink. No unit may target Jet Li in the shooting phase. He moves 24 + 3D6 in the movement phase and assault phase. Jet Li may change direction at any point when moving.

Death Stare; Any unit assaulted by Jet Li counts as pinned. In close combat, they simply explode into bloody gore as he tears them apart. The assaulted enemy unit suffers D6 S10 AP3 attacks per model.

Weapons; Jet Li is armed with a power katana, dual Desert Eagles (S4 AP2 Assault 6) and his martial arts skills. In close combat, Jet Li inflicts 30 attacks which ignore armor and cover. He ignores enemy initiative and always strikes first, with a roll of 4+ to wound automatically wounding, regardless of toughness.

ok, there is my effort :-?

XV-02
Fio

Post#82 » May 09 2007 11:33

If the 40k Deities wanted to attack Norris, they would just carry banners showing rolling pictures of Norris. They would then hire Jackie Chan, to do the goofy accidental butt kicking scene.

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#83 » May 10 2007 10:59

My question still stands:

Is Chuck Norris a ninja? (How about Jackie Chan?)

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#84 » May 10 2007 11:07

Colonel Marksman wrote:My question still stands:

Is Chuck Norris a ninja? (How about Jackie Chan?)

No, Chuck Norris is not a ninja.
Ninjas were actually developed after some japanese guys saw how Chuck Norris used forks (thus the throwing stars), as he drummed (thus nun-chaku) and as he was masking himself for the birthday party (thus the black outfit).

Therefore anytime you claim that Chuck Norris is a ninja, you are actually rude to him as he has to remember his own deeds from the past (which he did not get the script to from the director anyway).

And that is the ONE thing I would not want to do to Chuck Norris. :evil:
Last edited by Joe on May 10 2007 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Excel Army Builder for TAU, Upper Concourse, Floor 8

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#85 » May 10 2007 11:08

Hi Colonel Marksman! I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you and your special and very specific question answering needs. :)
Please visit my New Online Gallery Scale120

Afghan Jones
Shas

Post#86 » May 10 2007 11:14

Jackie chan is not a ninja. He was trained in a classical Chinese Opera school. Go read his autobiography. It's amazing.

{This is all so off-topic, it almost feels dirty. In a good way...}
Afghan Jones: Space Pirate for Hire

Colonel Marksman
Shas

Post#87 » May 10 2007 11:39

kai'lore wrote:Hi Colonel Marksman! I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you and your special and very specific question answering needs. :)

:-(

Well, thanks for the quick answers! :biggrin:

Look at us, far different ends of the world:

Jones in the UK, me in Texas, and Kai in Japan. Wow...

Afghan Jones
Shas

Post#88 » May 10 2007 11:51

kai'lore wrote:Hi Colonel Marksman! I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you and your special and very specific question answering needs. :)

Like your very own wikipedia but even more inaccurate and sketchy on the details. ;)

also, hate to say it, but unless someone is going to actually write a Space Mole Man codex (I really don't have time), then this thread feels like it might just have run its course. It was a rollercoaster of emotion while it lasted but I think its glory days are behind it.
Afghan Jones: Space Pirate for Hire

lit the bomb
Kor

Post#89 » May 10 2007 11:57

Wow! One might almost call this thread an infestation! Not that it's terrible or anything, but that its survived so long! Perhaps we should create a new forum just for this topic! :D

By the way, what would Bruce Lee's Stats be? And who could win in a fight? Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? I'm betting on Bruce! :crafty:
Front Armor, meet Railgun. Railgun, meet Front Armor.

Ultramar40k
Kor

Post#90 » May 10 2007 12:32

lit the bomb
Wow! One might almost call this thread an infestation! Not that it's terrible or anything, but that its survived so long! Perhaps we should create a new forum just for this topic! :D

By the way, what would Bruce Lee's Stats be? And who could win in a fight? Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? I'm betting on Bruce! :crafty:

Well, you see, Bruce Lee would win. At first. Then Chuck Norris would remember that he doesn't really have respect for historical figures and roundhouse kick Bruce Lee into orbit. Bruce Lee would burn up on reentry.

Return to “General Discussion”