Hello from Singapore

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
seeg
Shas'Saal

Hello from Singapore

Post#1 » Oct 19 2017 08:11

Real first name: Song (part of my chinese name)

Age and gender: 32 m

How did you get into wargaming?
a buddy of mine introduced me to warhammer fantasy about 15 years ago. played that for about 5 years then stopped altogether. Re-started with 40k just a few years ago.

How did you get into Tau?
I was just really drawn to the lore and character of Tau in general. In all of 40k's grim darkness it's nice to have something thats kind of like a ray of hope. :D

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Explore the wealth of info there is on this site and take your time to digest it.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
GOLD. Lots and lots of gold. I'm gonna post pics in the modelling section soon because i bought the stormsurge custom parts from Kael'yn's Shapeways shop and I wanna show it off :P :P

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I honestly can't remember how i found this site. It must've been just by chance because as a new Tau player i scoured the net for unit reviews and strategies.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
same as my WoW nick from way long ago

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? yes!

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play almost exclusively in a small play group of friends consisting of currently about 9 different armies. We play at my home or at another friend's place about once a month.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have a small Blood angels collection and a sizeable Nid collection. I have them almost entirely because i like the models. I rarely ever touch them to play.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I've played only 3 8th ed games so far so i cant quite say yet. Although in 7th i really really hated Eldar and enjoyed playing against Space marines(multiple flavours).

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
My best 40k moment is actually committing to get a sizeable portion of my army commissioned. I know it sounds really weird but it's because I've always struggled to paint my own army due to a pretty bad arm and hand injury that I sustained when I was a kid. I lost a considerable amount of fine motor control on my right hand. My pride stopped me for a very long time from getting someone else to paint my army but when I finally made the plunge to have skilled professionals do some of my units it was like a burden lifted from my shoulders.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My wife is totally on board with it although she does not play the game. She's always really surportive of anything I do so I'm really really lucky :)

What are some of you other interests?
PC gaming in general. I have a soft spot for turn-based strategy games like X-com cuz that's the first game i played which my Dad introduced to me when i was a kid.

Do you have any pets?
2 netherland dwarf rabbits! Fran and Jace :D :D

What is your favourite band? ok so i don't really listen to music much at all :P

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Hello from Singapore

Post#2 » Oct 24 2017 09:28

Hi there Seeg!

Welcome aboard ATT and hope you'll be able to learn from and also contribute to the community!
Ka'ash Sept

Return to “Membership Profiles”