Hi Everyone!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Hi Everyone!

Post#1 » Aug 18 2016 04:26

Hi All! :biggrin:

Real first name:
Jarad

Age and gender:
25, M

IT Systems Administrator

How did you get into wargaming?
I was always interested in games with physical substance so board games and tabletop games are a great love of mine

How did you get into Tau?
I'm a returning veteran of 4th ed. I stopped playing way back when because my parents threw out my 'army of little toy soldiers'.
I've been convinced to take up the mantle of the Tau'va once more and i'm currently building a Farsight Enclave/Vior'la infantry heavy army, currently capping out at 500pts with plans to grow.
I was hooked on Tau from the moment i read their lore, as one of the few factions that actually innovate and aren't afraid of AI, and with huge battle suits to boot! What's not to like?
The greater good also tends to align with my personal beliefs too ;)

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
go to a local GW shop and play a few tutorial games, see if you like the way Tau play, if so, read the lore online and pick up a Tau codex.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
My colour scheme is similar to Farsight Enclave/Vior'la with a personal touch
Red armour on black suits with blue tinted visors and ornate details in silver. Shas'ui and Shas'vre markings accentuated in white

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I was looking up resources on Tau after recently getting back into the hobby and came across the site.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Old 'net handle, sort of stuck with it.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
Firestorm Games or GW in Cardiff, UK. Not played in almost a decade due to the above mentioned incident, but planning to be pretty active.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I'm eyeing up spess mahreeens. But i currently have a Firestorm Armada Terran fleet.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Favourite is Orks
Least Favourite is my friends Necron army. Goddamn that res orb!.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best: Taking down an airborne unit containing the opponents best squad of space marines with a single railgun pathfinder. :crafty:
Worst: deep striking a set of Helios crisis suits, messing up on the scatter and ending up inside a swarm of IG infantry..

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Everyone else i know is also deep into plastic crack, so no judgement there!

What are some of you other interests?
Video games, music, reading, odd kitbash projects

Do you have any pets?
One dog and one cat

What is your favourite band?
In Flames or Devin Townsend
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Return to “Membership Profiles”