Tone

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Tone
Shas'Saal

Tone

Post#1 » Nov 13 2016 05:06

Real first name: They call me Tone...

Age and gender: 47 Male

How did you get into wargaming? I grew up playing all kinds of wargames with my brothers.

How did you get into Tau? I have always loved Mech suits and lots of Firepower.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? If you are asking for advice, heed it, don't argue it.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Urban (Grey undercoat, Tan Armor Plates)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Joined Today. I only just gopt back into Tau, and want to join a solid community for advice and like minded conversation.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Titanfall 2 (Tone Titan) I love How Tone plays, and I love big Mechs.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? Currently not often enough (1 or 2 times a year)

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Khorne Daemonkin, Crimson Fist

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I love playing against Orks. It's usually chaotic and fun. I hate Eldar & Necrons (and I love cheese... but the edible kind)

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best - When the victory isn't known until the last turn. Worst - Getting tabled by a cheese army by turn 2

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? She calls it "dork"hammer, but totally supports my addic... Hobby.

What are some of you other interests? Movies, Video Games, Cooking (I used to be a chef) Cars

Do you have any pets? Yes

What is your favourite band? The Police (I'm Old) I do have a varied flavor of music I enjoy though.

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Re: Tone

Post#2 » Nov 13 2016 11:49

Hey, Tone! Welcome to the newly refurbished orbital.

Tone wrote:What are the origins of your ATT username? Titanfall 2 (Tone Titan) I love How Tone plays, and I love big Mechs.
I'm sure quite a few of us are mech fans. While I've played quite a few mech games, I have to say that I haven't played any of the Titanfalls (but I do have the artbook for the first one).

Anyways, I hope to see you around the station, o7.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#3 » Nov 14 2016 02:12

Welcome Tone :) Look forward to your input on the forums :)

Tone
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 14 2016 04:56

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm working on building a list then getting the models. I think a Dawn Blade Contingent sounds appealing for a fluffy, yet somewhat competitive list. I think a Retaliation Cadre, OSC, Ranged Support cadre and drone net should make a themed list I would enjoy playing.

I probably am in the minority, but have always loved Pathfinders and Stealth suits (for their fluff) and wanted to create a list that was more of a surgical strike list and featured both units. The pathfinders and stealth teams spot the enemy then call in the Retaliation cadre to clean up.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#5 » Nov 16 2016 01:06

Oooh, that sounds good. I tend to like the high tech end of the infiltration sphere in Tau military. Look forward to you expanding model wise the list :)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#6 » Nov 16 2016 11:40

Welcome to ATT, Glad to have you with us!

Return to “Membership Profiles”