Tau3988

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Tau3988
Shas'La

Tau3988

Post#1 » Nov 16 2016 12:02

Real first name: Chris

Age and gender: 28, Male

How did you get into wargaming? Been to many a geek shop for DnD and other RPG stuff, been looking on from the sidelines for years and finally have some money and desire to start.

How did you get into Tau? Too much animu growing up. Also, I enjoy the art style and customization that Tau units have. In addition, you can never have enough dakka.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Great question, as I'm completely new myself.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Still working on that.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google tau army lists. Jackpot.

What are the origins of your ATT username? My birthdate.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? No, wait YES.

Where and how often do you usually play? Have played a few games on other people's armies (IG and Spess Muhreens)

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Nope.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I don't know why you insist on putting all these extra "U" characters into words needlessly, but I was also thinking of Grey Knights, Space Wolves or Orks as a second army...eventually.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best? When I saw the Farsight bomb for the first time. Worst? When I went online and started to look at model prices.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? I fly my nerd flag proudly. If you own it no one can really screw with you for it.

What are some of you other interests? Flight Sims, becoming a helo pilot after my next reenlistment, PC Gaming, running, reading and shooting. Also, Long walks by the beach-- wait what site is this again?

Do you have any pets? No.

What is your favourite band? Again with the U's. That's like asking a fat kid what his favorite flavor of ice cream is.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Tau3988

Post#2 » Nov 16 2016 01:15

Hi Tau3988,

Long walks by the beach eh? I supsect you mean Halo 1 style with 'Hogs and dropships or Apocalypse Now approach ala Air Cav.

Pretty much similar reasons for signing on Tau too. That and their clean lines made for careful modding to blend in.

Top stuff, see you about the Forum/Orbital :)

Tau3988
Shas'La

Post#3 » Nov 16 2016 08:39

Yeah there's sort of a running joke that Iraq is the beach, I just keep telling myself that when it's 100 degrees by 0930. ;)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#4 » Nov 16 2016 11:42

Welcome to the great world of ATT. Is perfect place for a new tau player to learn!

Tau3988
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 16 2016 12:59

Thanks, looks like I'll probably end up taking some painting cues from you.

Tau3988
Shas'La

Post#6 » Nov 17 2016 08:34

In other news, I'm trying to link to an avatar I made and uploaded to my google drive. I made the image view able by anyone freely on the web, but keep getting invalid address. Any ideas, or do I just have the dumb?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6JAZ ... jlfd2ZOREE

Tael
Fio'O

Post#7 » Nov 18 2016 12:56

Could be a livelink issue between Google and ATT. I'll download it, host it and set it up for you :)

I have the full version of that artwork, I can crop to just the warrior's head if you wish too.

Tau3988
Shas'La

Post#8 » Nov 18 2016 02:56

That'd be nice.
Hmmm
I think I'll just go for the shot of the standing one like I had pls.
I'm going for a nameless fire warrior image here because my username is generic like that and I have a lack of experience irl with the game.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#9 » Nov 18 2016 04:50

No problem, shall leave as is :)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#10 » Nov 18 2016 08:09

Tau3988 wrote:Thanks, looks like I'll probably end up taking some painting cues from you.

Sweet! I like to hear that :) I love my painting

CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La

Post#11 » Nov 21 2016 01:06

Welcome Tau3988

Tau3988
Shas'La

Post#12 » Nov 21 2016 06:23

Thank you.
You as well.