TheZanji

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
thezanji
Shas'La
Shas'La

TheZanji

Post#1 » Nov 16 2016 06:29

Real first name: Víctor

Age and gender: 28 male

How did you get into wargaming?

while at the university a grou of friends started to play the game, I initially refused to start playing, until I saw the Tau, it inmediately got my attention, when I saw how amazing the miniatures look with a good paint, I adopted the greater good.

How did you get into Tau?

Basically their visual design is really cool, and I was looking for a good looking army to pick, so I could learn to paint them and then play the game, after I read the tau codex I was caught, their sense of justice, progress and teamwork are what make them as strong as they are, the only other armies I like, are the mechanicus, and the grey knights, (who have slightly less ridiculous helmets).

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?

Earth caste riptide is an amazing thing, you'll love it.
Broadsides with high-yield missile pods are extremely strong and durable.
drone net is the best source of marketlights.

all tau units can be very useful if you use them wisely, (except vespic, I have never seen anyone using them and I have never used them myslef, so I can't give you advice on them).

What is your Tau colour scheme?

I use 3 colors, and the typical black, light gray is the most important, and red and dark grey for some pieces to create contrast.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?

I found it like a year ago, trying to understand how some rules of tau work, I became a member almost inmediately.

What are the origins of your ATT username?

Zanji is the nickname my friends gave me in the university, it is the name of a yugioh card "the six samurai zanji"

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?

I have read them, but to be honest, I don't remember them well, I just try to be respeftul of all persons in the comunity.

Where and how often do you usually play?

I used to play almost daily when I started, now I play about once a month, either at my house, or at some friend's place, and rarely in a hobbie store.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?

I own a 1500pts war convocation.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?

I have enjoyed playing against almost all armies, but I find very boring to play agains astramillitarum, they do the same as tau, they only shoot...

What is your best and worst 40K moment?

one time against war convocation I shot all the D-missiles against the imperial knight, at the same time, my tidewall rampart railgun used submunition to kill 2 unites of skitarii sicarians, it was a one-sided fight after that.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?

my family thinks it's a waste of money and time, my friends don't mind, and my girlfriend tries very hard to tollerate it.

What are some of you other interests?

I am a big star wars fan, I like to play videogames from time to time, I'm a grpahic designer, and enjoy watching video tutorials and examples of sophisticated designs, mostly for after effects and 3d odeling, one day I'll have enough time to make some tau 3d models!

Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, and a group of dark angels (a friend who always challenges me and has never beaten me, not even when I was barely learning)

What is your favourite band?

blink 182, I have liked them since I remember

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: TheZanji

Post#2 » Nov 16 2016 06:53

Welcome to the Orbital. Already engaged with the Gue La in the Yucatan Peninsula. Best of luck pal!

thezanji
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Nov 16 2016 07:43

El ZorDacK wrote:Welcome to the Orbital. Already engaged with the Gue La in the Yucatan Peninsula. Best of luck pal!

Where in yucatan are you? Ill visit merida next new year's eve!

Best.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Nov 17 2016 07:38

Right there! Homing Beacon activated!

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#5 » Nov 18 2016 08:08

Welcome to ATT, glad to have you with us!

Return to “Membership Profiles”