Morindati

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Morindati
Shas'Saal

Morindati

Post#1 » Nov 18 2016 12:28

Real first name: Mark

Age and gender: Male 34

How did you get into wargaming?
Like many people it began with the people I played D&D with. I started playing with a group back in 1999 who were about 5-7 years older than me. They played 40k going back to 2nd edition and eventually got me hooked. I bought my first kit in summer of 2000.

How did you get into Tau?
I was really struggling to find my identity in 40k. I had tried Khorne and Blood Angels and I just didn't enjoy it. Then tau came out in 2002? 2003? I started playing them and played them until I took a hiatus from the game in 2010. I started playing 40k again in July of 2014 but didn't decide to re-dedicate myself to The Greater Good until a week or two ago. (I am glad to be back.)

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Use Markerlights.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
My original army used a very gaudy Camo Green and Violet color scheme. It didn't look very good. I plan on using the Vior'la sept colors in my newest rendition.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Google. A few minutes at this point.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Its an old handle I have used in various MMO's

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
I usually play once or twice month and one my FLGS.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I only play 40k right now though I am interested in AoS. I currently have a Space Wolves collection and an Eldar Collection. However, I am trading my Eldar away for new stuff. As I said, I needed to come back.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I love playing against Orks. (Duh.) I hate playing against Necrons.
What is your best and worst 40K moment?

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My family doesn't really care. My wife doesn't play but she is surprisingly supportive of it.

What are some of you other interests?
Reading, Video Games, Hockey, Baseball Softball, Theology

Do you have any pets?
Two rescue dogs.

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Morindati

Post#2 » Nov 18 2016 02:04

Welcome to ATT, Morindati, good to have you rejoining the Greater Good. :)

What do you generally enjoy fielding for Tau, or what are you interested in from the changes since you last looked at the Tau codex?
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Morindati
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 18 2016 04:37

What do you generally enjoy fielding for Tau

Great question Mirth. Back in the day, I use to run a lot of FOF. However, since I have gotten back into the game the last two years I tend to more often play what I like to look at more than what wins me games and for me that it is the new Crisis Suit kit and Broadside kit. So much better than what we had a decade or so ago.

what are you interested in from the changes since you last looked at the Tau codex?

I find it interesting how much low AP is available to the army these days. I know that is the general trend of 40k recently but it is quite surprising to me how much more is available now than way back when.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Nov 18 2016 06:29

Hi Morindati :)

Thanks for the download on your background and interests.

I tend to agree on the Arms Race in 40k, each time I read an update I was thinking to myself - wow, a lot of one shot stuff in here.

With Inq28, InquisiMunda, KIll Team and so on; I suspect we may see a rejuvenation of tactical skirmish games that eschew vast armies in favour of themed forces and action gameplay.

Its a great time to review your collection and build what you like not what is necessary to statistically win. The new boxed sets for Tau are great in this regard.

Look forward to your input on the forum :D

Return to “Membership Profiles”